Scandal Racist fan throws banana at Eddie Betts

Remove this Banner Ad

This looks like an open and shut case of racism.

Massive headache now for David Koch and the Port Adelaide Board. This woman should have her club membership cancelled, at the very minimum. And a 5 year ban from the Adelaide Oval at very minimum.

Or will the club quail in the face of the sisterhood.

He'd kicked one of the best goals of the year. Every player turns to the crowd. There's a couple of thousand fans in each bay, are you saying every one of them were PAFC fans and he turned to them to rile them up?

Maybe he was turning to the Crows fans within the bay? You know, as he does every time he kicks a goal from the boundary?

As a side, what exactly would 'acted respectfully look like in your eyes anyway?

umm what Crows fans? He was in front of the Port cheer squad. Yes it was a great goal no doubt and he was getting accolades from me and many others around until he hang around unnecessarily on boundary line acting like a tool. Like I said no excuses for her behaviour but if Robbie Gray did the same down the other end you would expect the same reaction.

Every goal he kicks from the Boundary, at Crows games.
No. At all games.

Again, he's at his home ground, do you think after kicking the goal he thought, oh shit, it's a port home game, there's probably no crows fans in this section.

This incident is in no way eddies fault, if individuals in the crowd can't control themselves, they don't deserve to attend our game.

Care to show me the Port Player who stands infront of opposition fans?
Love the way the power supporters are wearing Crows scarves now-a-days ... wonder how the little darlings at the front of this photo feel about one of their fellow supporters wearing the tri-colours though?

14068222_10154495200018421_7520526333747063514_n.jpg

Micky O did and if i remember correctly, the WC fans managed to restrain themselves from throwing a projectile....
Firstly, using Stephen Rowe to back up an argument doesn't help you.

Secondly, if a player can't celebrate to the crowd after a goal then why are we here?

Looking at the faces of the crowd there, they had basically realized at that moment that their season was a waste - again - and they had a reaction. Flip the bird, point, swear a bit - no worries. That's footy. Throw something at a player across the fence? Banned.
And I don't disagree with her being banned....

But a player can't expect NOTHING to ever happen if he's going to just stand there well past what would be classified as a normal celebration. Esp in such a game and such a moment as that one.

Im as anti PC as it gets, and I love Eddie and would knock anyone out who attacked him in any way.
In the face of it "women throws banana at Eddie" sounds like a open and shut case, especially with her being a Port supporter.
But people do take food to the football, and fruit is one of the only things you can take.
She is a ranga and bananas are one of their primary food groups, along with small children.
One the video she just looks like another feral Port supporter who has no respect for the game of football they claim to support and so she threw the closest thing to her at the players, one of whom happened to be Eddie.
Now if the FB post is correct and she said he was a monkey then thats the end of the story.
Regardless she threw an object at a player, which could of injured one, or incited a player or supporter to retaliate and then we have a real issue.
She should be banned for life regardless of if it was racist or not.

This looks like an open and shut case of racism.

Massive headache now for David Koch and the Port Adelaide Board. This woman should have her club membership cancelled, at the very minimum. And a 5 year ban from the Adelaide Oval at very minimum.

Or will the club quail in the face of the sisterhood.

Bullshit, she will be banned, how the hell is that a massive headache?

umm what Crows fans? He was in front of the Port cheer squad. Yes it was a great goal no doubt and he was getting accolades from me and many others around until he hang around unnecessarily on boundary line acting like a tool. Like I said no excuses for her behaviour but if Robbie Gray did the same down the other end you would expect the same reaction.
No. You wouldn't expect anyone to throw something. Or yell racist abuse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine if Wingard did this?

We all know what will happen.

Uh the Port fan nearbye that found her out (check the other thread) said he heckled them.

When I saw your posts I immediately thought "troll who just signed up last night to cause a stir".

But nope. Joined 2009. 5,000 posts. Well established.

Big Footy continues to amaze.

Yeah/nah - the way Betts was carrying on was up at Chad Cornes levels - just playing with the crowd (figjam)
Whatever the case the girl was stupid and will get penalised accordingly and racism will be front and centre for the next couple of weeks which is good to raise awareness but will also take some attention away from the footy stuff which is all I'm really interested in.

Girl? She looks like she's in her 30s.

So far I've learnt in this thread that a fat, ranga, Port supporter who in all likelihood is a Lib/One Nation voter and who may very well be suffering from diabetes, has thrown a banana at an Indigenous player and called him a monkey.

Good work bf.

Just remember. Two Wongs don't make a White.

Wait for the outrage when it comes out the banana was imported from china...

But a player can't expect NOTHING to ever happen if he's going to just stand there well past what would be classified as a normal celebration. Esp in such a game and such a moment as that one.

A player should feel protected, so yes, they should assume nothing to ever happen. It's not acceptable (which i know you have said) But don't put the blame on Betts. There are so many examples of past players celebrating and not having a projectile thrown at them. Give it up. Stop blmaing the player

I wouldn't expect Gray to have something thrown at him. He may cop some abuse 'Gray you're a ****head" or Gray you flog" (like Eddie did) But no projectiles

WTF are you on about "Crows bay". It's not segregated stadium you peanut.
You clearly haven't got any ****ing idea how they sell tickets to these games do you?

Port has sections for opposition fans, they are behind the goals.

Yes he can.

If Robbie Gray did the same and a supporter threw something at him, it's the same scenario.

I'm in no way having a go at the PAFC supporter base, I'm just suggesting Eddie (anyone) has every right to celebrate a goal without fear of some moron throwing shit at him.

Anyone trying to justify the behavior is placed in the same boat as the lady in question.

Remove this Banner Ad

Scandal Racist fan throws banana at Eddie Betts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back