Scandal Racist fan throws banana at Eddie Betts

Remove this Banner Ad

He baited the crowd by celebrating and he got some of his own back..tough shit comes with the job..Im sure while he was growing up he got a lot worse.

It kills me that I didn't get halfway down the first page and there are people condoning, denying, blaming.

Its 2016. If you don't recognise the racist implications of throwing a Banana at an indigenous person you are:

A) An ignorant bogan campaigner
B) A racist bogan campaigner
C) All of the above

Why anyone wouldn't want to immediately distance themselves from the disgusting vile woman in the video is beyond me.

Last edited:
At a sporting event, the act of throwing bananas at black players is racist 99.999999% of the time (I literally can't think of an example where someone just happened to throw a banana, when they weren't being racist, so it could very well be 100%)

So when a black player gets a banana thrown at them and your first reaction is "show me proof of racist intent and not just that the person was innocently hurling a banana at a black athlete" then there's a good chance you're an apologist for racists, and probably pretty damn racist yourself.

I'll let you guess how much stock I've placed on your personal assessment.
Not overly fussed if that's what you think because I know it's not true.

Kind of a redundant point though. The mode of discussion (and issue) isn't centred around the thousands of Port supporters who gave it to Betts, merely around one individual who clearly took it too far.

errrr yes, as I said no one condones the behaviour of the ranga she should be banned.

He baited the crowd by celebrating and he got some of his own back..tough shit comes with the job..Im sure while he was growing up he got a lot worse.

So it's fine to throw a banana at a player for the crime of celebrating a goal because he would have received worse growing up?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must be in the only minority group in the world no one ******* cares about.

It sucks being left handed

sinistra is the latin word for left, it is the etymology for sinister, evil or wrong. left handed people were thought to be a perversion, an aberration.

you've been marked out for like forever :D

So it's fine to throw a banana at a player for the crime of celebrating a goal because he would have received worse growing up?
Its never fine to throw anything at any player but players are always at risk of getting heat if they celebrate in front of opposition fans..I also dont necessary believe that it was a racist act until there is evidence that it was racially motivated.

ztbujq.jpg

Didn't know Cameron Ling was a Port fan and a racist. Not sure which is worse

So somehow out of all the AFL only Goodes and Betts deserve abuse for 'baiting' the crowd but it is nothing to do with their race?
What an amazing coincidence.

Yes of course people take Bananas to a Night Game, and with 30 seconds left thrown any uneaten over the fence. :rolleyes:
Who are you to say what food people should carry with them and when? Maybe that was the only thing in her bag she was willing to give up? Obviously nobody should be throwing things over the fence in the first place, but it may just be coincidence.

Condemn her actions by all means, but isn't it hypocritical that people are insulting her based on hair colour / weight / sexuality etc, in response to her insulting someone based on skin colour? Or are some forms of bullying acceptable? I can't keep up.

Yep that fist pump that took all of .5 a second?

That the Adelaide media Crowed about for weeks?

What is the maximum amount of time a player is allowed to celebrate a cracking goal in his 250th game so as not to be offensive to opposition supporters?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Scandal Racist fan throws banana at Eddie Betts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back