Raines Replacement

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trading as I kept $280k in cash, however my reserves are Dawson & Suckling who wont be consistent. In any case the injury will hamper him fitness-wise & I'd rather play someone fully fit.

Same,same but different always keep a lazy "hung'ey" for a rainy day, it just rained this year in rd 1.........happens all the time, there is a player that springs out of the box every year and everyone starts on the forums boards lamenting that he missed the boat etc. I have 2 choices now upgrading to a $380000 player who is on fire (cox ??)or dropping down to a $94000 rookie I missed that has jumped out of the box like a scolded cat.(cheney)

As i can never remember how the price changes work so i ask a stupid question. Do you trade after round two and once the third week is done then it goes up or is it after round three has finished then trade?

basically when is the best time to trade raines for the money?

Been doing my homework.........if cheney scores in the next 2 games!! (say for example) another extra 100 points @ an average 69.333333 his value increases to a tick over $70000 extra.

add that to the fact $$ saved on the sale of raines = $190000 odd to spend elsewhere when suited/needed

who knows with a little luck cheney by end of rd 8 is @ raines stating price of $279900

before a player, plays their respective 3rd game:)

You have become our leagues resident expert this year ozzy, maybe you will foil my threepeat, with the amount of time you spend on this forum it would be just "un australian" not to win this year.

By the way as i have 350 g-bangers left in the bank a replacement for Raines will not be a problem.:)

I'm one of the few who had Cheney on the bench from the start, I've also got Petrenko so I don't have to trade Raines out. I'm still thinking of trading him anyway as I admit to being concerned about the general integrity of his knee. They say it's a totally diffrent injury but in my mind thats like saying Cousins Hamstring tear is in a different spot. I'm thinking Raines has torn his cartilage and previously dislocated his knee because the knee is moving around and unstable. Richmond will need to be careful with him and work on strengthening the muscles around the knee to provide more support. I think I'm going to cut my losses before I regret keeping him and trade him out.

the temptation is to trade him out immediately, but while you have cover for him the smart thing to do is wait until the start of the 3rd round. I'm kicking myself for leaving Gilbert out of my line up originally, and after seeing him on the weekend he's my first choice to replace Raines.

You have become our leagues resident expert this year ozzy, maybe you will foil my threepeat, with the amount of time you spend on this forum it would be just "un australian" not to win this year.

By the way as i have 350 g-bangers left in the bank a replacement for Raines will not be a problem.:)

do I know you bloke?? hahaha

How are you truth?? How do you think I get up there every year ??

Reading other people opinions mate. But I have to admit I'm getting a lot more streaming to Oslo now.

Even if I did have the spare cash I don't think I would feel comfortable having three saints in my backline as I already have Goddard and Fisher. :eek:
I don't think adding Gilbert as a 3rd saint should be a consideration. He's not a keeper so is purely there to make cash to allow an upgrade, as was Raines... just need to decide whether keeping Raines, downgrading him, or swapping to a different midpricer will allow an upgrade to a premium with the least trades.

Even if I did have the spare cash I don't think I would feel comfortable having three saints in my backline as I already have Goddard and Fisher. :eek:

But you also have to consider that the best SC teams are usually those loaded with players from that years eventual premiers- you'll just have a head start on the rest of us when the Saints go marching in mate...;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's not out for long enough to make it an obvious LTI trade

But not short enough to make you feel OK to ride it out for 1-2 weeks

Next week we'll have the latest prognosis and see if Cheney, Gilbert and co repeat their week 1 form

Meanwhile, I am playing 2 rookies (incl Hurley who scored 91) and still have 1 spare on the bench so no way I am trading yet!

I'm really stuck here.
I know how valuable trades are, but is it too much of a risk having Petrenko and Suban on the field and having my bench consist of Broughton and Raines?

Should I just trade Raines? I don't want Gilbert but Cheney looks the goods.
At the same time though, Hurley may be just as good an option as Cheney?

Dont think im going to stress about Raines replacement til after round 2. Bench can do the trick for now.

exactly- wait till after this round, then look at guys performing well. Cheney mite have a stinker and score 2. or there could be another long term injury in your backline..wait I reckon

Firstly, sorry if i appear to be taking over a thread... BUT, the discussion seems to have peetered out and this the closest thread to the topic I could find. (I still can't create threads to do this toss up)

XvYvZvA
Replacing Raines with Cheney would free up a heap on money if i do it this week or next. (can't decide weather a suban is good enough to replace raines.... might not play.. not a good scorer)...

So, I have been thinking about Hentschel, Garlett, Raines and SHill
Replacers are Higgins Skipworth and Cheney.
Hent doesn't look like as big a scorer as I had hoped..but i am thinking of keeping for one more week to see.. this week if he fails, he goes
Garlett/Ziebell/Walker is anoying me, one of the three plays each week and hes scoring 35/45/55... Although he could appear to be an ok cash cow... Just don't know if ill ever sell him as a cash cow (saving the cash cow trades for rich, robinson cheney, etc.. if they don't become full fledged players)
Raines Injured, might replace now as Suban doesn't look to be a good always in the top 22 player. I wasn't planning forhim to have to cover for atleast 4 weeks. So He looks to go.. this week
Hill Just plane bad. Please tell me if you think he just had an off week. Hill shouldl have got better than 51. But failed...

SO...

What I'm really asking is...

WHAT ARE THE chances Cheney will duplicate his previous game, or keep a high average (i.e. not be a one hit wonder) and should I invest in a skippy or Higgins.

I nearly got skippy, but put Hent in to save a few bucks and hence get Selwood in.

HIggins/Skippy Both had great games and were on my watch list (great feature by the wya...) But will they have great season (90+ av) or are they going to die...
Cheney 2009's Dalziell or is he more reminicent of america's last VP

Firstly, sorry if i appear to be taking over a thread... BUT, the discussion seems to have peetered out and this the closest thread to the topic I could find. (I still can't create threads to do this toss up)

XvYvZvA
Replacing Raines with Cheney would free up a heap on money if i do it this week or next. (can't decide weather a suban is good enough to replace raines.... might not play.. not a good scorer)...

So, I have been thinking about Hentschel, Garlett, Raines and SHill
Replacers are Higgins Skipworth and Cheney.
Hent doesn't look like as big a scorer as I had hoped..but i am thinking of keeping for one more week to see.. this week if he fails, he goes
Garlett/Ziebell/Walker is anoying me, one of the three plays each week and hes scoring 35/45/55... Although he could appear to be an ok cash cow... Just don't know if ill ever sell him as a cash cow (saving the cash cow trades for rich, robinson cheney, etc.. if they don't become full fledged players)
Raines Injured, might replace now as Suban doesn't look to be a good always in the top 22 player. I wasn't planning forhim to have to cover for atleast 4 weeks. So He looks to go.. this week
Hill Just plane bad. Please tell me if you think he just had an off week. Hill shouldl have got better than 51. But failed...

SO...

What I'm really asking is...

WHAT ARE THE chances Cheney will duplicate his previous game, or keep a high average (i.e. not be a one hit wonder) and should I invest in a skippy or Higgins.

I nearly got skippy, but put Hent in to save a few bucks and hence get Selwood in.

HIggins/Skippy Both had great games and were on my watch list (great feature by the wya...) But will they have great season (90+ av) or are they going to die...
Cheney 2009's Dalziell or is he more reminicent of america's last VP

Peering into my crystal ball, I see....

Suban (not a noun by the way) will outscore Cheney this week.
Hentschell will score 20 this week, but 98 the next week after you get rid of him.
Higgins will average 84 for the first 10 weeks.
Hill will outscore Skipworth this week.
Raines won't play until round 9.
Garlett will play his last game this year in round 3.
Ziebell will get 50 again this week, but 120 the week after.
And Walker will score 60 for the next two weeks.

Does that help?

Hentschell will score 20 this week, but 98 the next week after you get rid of him.

Does that help?

So your saying, its too close to call/there isn't enough depth covered in one game....?

All I really want ot know is...

Skipworth, Higgins and Cheney... will they have to good av's this year or are they jsut one hit wonders before dying down to a 60av.
AND
Hill, Garlett and Wlaker... is 50av what were going to continue to expect. Because i thought there migth be a bit more in the tank, but they haven't shown it and I am thinking it was jsut preseason showoff whorishness wihle everyone else is dicking around.

If i leave it till next week, I can make two trades, so if skip, chen and higgins all continue at this rate, then I miss the train.

Does that help?

Delightful prognostications - as long as Cheney scores 100+ again I will be happy (as Suban may be subbing for Raines, and then I'll trade Raines out for Cheney and bank the dosh twice:thumbsu:). Happy with the Higgins average.

I think you're spot on with Raines as well- I'd go so far as saying that even when he does return in round 9 he won't be much use to anyone until after the split round owing to lack of match fitness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back