Rance - strike to Watts. 2 Weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm generally in the camp that too many blokes get suspended for things that should be just free kicks. But this was bad
Don't need enormous force to hit a bloke in that spot and do some serious damage, let alone from the position where the other bloke is laying on the ground. I'm not sure I'd advocate for a 6+ week penalty but if he was given one I don't think I'd argue it either

I am no doctor but I imagine there is a much greater possibility of serious damage with a punch to the back of the head than to the front. The front is a lot more protected by bone.

It was a spur of the moment act and I'm sure he regrets it. Pretty ordinary and spiteful, but the way some are carrying on, you'd think it a massive king hit off the ball. He stuck the forearm into Watts head almost straight after the tackle. It was heat of the moment stuff from a bloke who's almost BOG every time he plays and still loses.

I like Rance, Richmond don't deserve him. He's all that stands between his team and utter humilation for much of each game.

I bet Rance would rather drive Hardwick's head into the turf.

Viney and Rance were in a diving mark contest, Rance lands on Vineys back as he's getting up he drops his elbow into the back of Vineys head while he was laying down.

Very dangerous act were he made impact, very little contact needs to be made to do serious damage, much worse than the May bump.
It was watts... Viney retaliated on behalf of watts.

I'm pretty sure Rance went to slap the ground - he tends to do that when he loses a contest. He just happen to hit Watts's head instead. It definitely is uncharacteristic and I don't think it was intentional.
He did, but the outraged masses will be crying blue murder. Worst act ever witnessed on a football field, etc, etc.

And that's the most cowardly act you've ever seen? Ok...

How could it be more cowardly than hitting a bloke in the back of the head while he was lying with his face in the grass?

I'm open to more cowardly ways to hit a bloke, but none come to mind right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was a poor decision...punish him and be done with it.

Gee some people in this thread really have their pitch forks out?

The guy is not a dirty player ffs.

It was a poor decision...punish him and be done with it.

Gee some people in this thread really have their pitch forks out?

The guy is not a dirty player ffs.

Yeah I don't think it was that bad (in terms of impact). So cowardly but so uncharacteristic.

I don't think he will do anything like this for the rest of his career.

Conca did something similar a year or two ago. Clocked someone in the back of the head as he was running off/coming onto the ground. Thought he would get at least 4 weeks for that, I couldn't believe how weak it was. In the end he only got two. Rance will probably get 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rance - strike to Watts. 2 Weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back