Play Nice Random Chat Thread VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Ahh, I don't know what I'm talking about. But you've given me a start, thanks I'll look into it when I'm better situated ha. I'll start here maybe https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_network I forgot there was a possibility that 2-ways could be used without an engine running.
Radio has remained a magical mystery to me despite a couple weak attempts to get handle on it. It hits moving targets going in all direction at randomn speeds but the receivers can reproduce it at the same time with the same playback speed. Jesus.
well actually no, 2 factors are in play here, in real time analog transmissions they are subject to the doppler effect when moving and this is in fact how radar works, it affects the transmission but not enough to disrupt the transmission to the listener noticeably, the effect is just like moving the tuning knob slightly off frequency, digital systems on the other hand are subjected to buffering, this is pretty much the reason why all the football broadcasts these days are all out of sync due to the different paths across the ethernet they use being subjected to different latency, where back in the 80s they were all pretty much in sync on the analog system,

the effect of signals reaching the receiver on the old alalog system was however noticeable on the analog tv system in ghosting, where a 2nd weaker signal was interpreted and painted a signal slightly to the left or right of the stronger one depending on if the later received signal was stronger or weaker. the old tv system worked by an electron gun painting the lines across the screen one by one,

1721357797598.png

Last edited:

4dg C with wind chill out my way, kids at the bus stop > shorts & polo tops !
Back in my day Uniqlo thermals didn’t exist so I had no choice but to wear shorts and tops in winter.

THIS GENERATION NEEDS TO TOUGHEN UP

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On Friday, Lynn's barrister Dermot Dann said his client continued to protest his innocence.
" He maintains that he's never killed any person at any time, at any place, anywhere, ever ," Mr Dann said.

During the trial, Lynn claimed the two retirees were killed by accident, after a dispute over a drone took place at a remote campsite in the Wonnangatta Valley.

Of course, killing people " by accident " doesn't count. How silly by the jury not to understand such a simple concept.

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice Random Chat Thread VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back