Discussion Random Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
too hard to copy and paste with how they presented the content, but essentially some of the states look to have had the matter resolved like Georgia and Arizona.

some of it is about observation, not even voter fraud, which would ordinarily would be granted without legal action.

other cases involve asking for stuff that is outside the law/the process, for example video footage of drop boxes etc.

it doesn't look good for trump and looks like a really poorly put together mashing of legal challenges.
Cheers :)

I think the major issue has been around unverified ballots and if true would need to be thrown out, I've read that these were originally part of the count.

How many of them are to be thrown out is really the question.

I've got absolutely no idea. But I don't pretend to know.

Not to mention I haven't seen the evidence that they are presenting, as has anyone else, so how you expect me to answer I'm not quite sure.

Of all the legal suits presented there has been no evidence of fraud. All have been dismissed. So two weeks after the election where is the evidence?
Here is the situation.
Lost the case in Arizona. No recount in Arizona.
If they want a recount in Wisconsin Trump needs to pay ten million up front before it starts.
Case dropped in Pennsylvania over observers not being allowed to watch the counting. (here is a tip, they were) Could have affected 600k votes but not any more. Still a suit over 16k votes that have been put aside and not yet counted. Biden has a 70k lead.
Georgia hand count proceeding no change in votes.

16 law suits Trump going 0-16 at the moment. Pretty compelling evidence of massive fraud. Obviously the courts are rigged as well.

Of all the legal suits presented there has been no evidence of fraud. All have been dismissed. So two weeks after the election where is the evidence?
Here is the situation.
If they want a recount in Wisconsin Trump needs to pay ten million up front before it starts.
Case dropped in Pennsylvania over observers not being allowed to watch the counting. (here is a tip, they were) Could have affected 600k votes but not any more. Still a suit over 16k votes that have been put aside and not yet counted. Biden has a 70k lead.

16 law suits Trump going 0-16 at the moment. Pretty compelling evidence of massive fraud. Obviously the courts are rigged as well.
Well if we are so sure it's a done deal I don't know why it hasn't been wrapped up yet.

Who said the courts were rigged?

Vexatious litigation

Waiting.....
It's all good mate, if you want to predict what happens go for it. I don't know why you and others feel the need to speak prematurely and categorically of what is happening when you are in the same boat as everyone else. I will wait until we have a final verdict.

So many seem very confident this won't go anywhere in court so why the impatience? Let it play out.

Here is the situation.

To clarify Pennsylvania, 3,000 votes are contested provisional, have been counted. 10k received after 3 Nov with a post mark 3rd nov are disputed but have not been counted.

So at worst 3,000 give or take could be excluded so Bidens win would be 67k not 70l. Still 20k more than trump's in 2016.

It's all good mate, if you want to predict what happens go for it. I don't know why you and others feel the need to speak prematurely and categorically of what is happening when you are in the same boat as everyone else. I will wait until we have a final verdict.

So many seem very confident this won't go anywhere in court so why the impatience? Let it play out.

I did not speak about any prematurely just 16-0 so far. Watch Krystal and Saagar above for details.

Well if we are so sure it's a done deal I don't know why it hasn't been wrapped up yet. You can predict all you want, I don't know why you and others feel the need to predict prematurely and speak categorically of what is happening. I will wait until we have a final verdict.

Who said the courts were rigged?
Nah, it's just that despite the superannuation ad disclaimers, past performance is usually a good indicator of future success.

If there was even one legal/election expert suggesting that Trump has a chance of overturning the result then I might be convinced that Trump isn't a whiny b****.

Penslyvania:
1- Voters can "cure" of "fix" their mail-in votes after polling day. Trump wants these thrown out where the ID was cured. This was granted. Expected number of ballots affected: unkown but expected to be small.
2- Trump wants poll watchers to stand closer to the vote. Judge threw it out. Counting is live streamed anyways. Trump appealing.
3- Trump wants to throw out < 9k votes that didn't have a date time stamp or name written on them. Launched 5 legal cases. All 5 rejected, as the ballot already had name and address on it (it's part of the form). Trump appealing.
4- Same as 3 but for < 600 votes. Rejected.
5- Same as 3 but < 1k votes. Hearing yet to happen.
6- They want the entire state vote count thrown out as unconstitutional. This is the one where the worker came forward then decided to recant. Trump's legal team moved to withdraw from the case. Hearing set for Tuesday.
7- They wanted to halt the count. Case was settled by allowing 60 extra observers. Why this went to court is bizarre. They would get this granted without going to court.

Michigan:
1. Under michigan law they film the drop box locations. Trump is suing to halt the count because they want to review all the footage. Also claims that votes were altered. This was the other worker who claimed they heard from someone who had heard from others who said their boss was changing peoples votes. Judge through it out because there is no law to require the footage to be reviewed. Also the workers evidence was smashed as hear say. Trump appealed. Appeal was thrown out because they didn't follow michican law for the appeal. New appeal set for this week.
2. This is the one with over 100 affidavits of republican observers who claim they witnessed "irregularities". what that means isn't clear. How many votes? don't know. Still yet to be heard.

Nevada:
1. Trump didn't even launch this case, but they fronted the media stating they did. Claims the signature machine didn't work properly. Was thrown out as they had no evidence to support the claims.

Arizona:
1. One i mentioned above. Republicans abandoned the case after the number of votes in question was smaller than the margin. LOLz.

Georgia:
1. Claims some votes arrived late due to sorting issues. Was rejected. No evidence to support the claim.

If there was even one legal/election expert suggesting that Trump has a chance of overturning the result then I might be convinced that Trump isn't a whiny b****.
Read some right wing or even centrist stuff, you will find what you are looking for. Like I said earlier today - good to have a healthy balance. Doesn't give you such a biased view.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"On Friday the Trump campaign said in a filing that the case was now moot because Arizona had finished counting its votes and the margin was far greater than the number of over-votes. "

ROFL
Isn't this just common sense, though? Why would they continue to pursue a case that would have no effect on the result? Pointless. What would be funny is if they continued pursuing it, actually.

Isn't this just common sense, though? Why would they continue to pursue a case that would have no effect on the result? Pointless. What would be funny is if they continued pursuing it, actually.

its hilarious because the number of votes in question they were bitching about were so small. it was never going to be enough to over turn an entire state decision.

instead of waiting (they know what the projections are with their modelling that occurs in real time as the votes come through) they decided to launch legal action to make it look like there's this massive voter fraud going on.

when in reality these cases are so damn small.

Read some right wing or even centrist stuff, you will find what you are looking for. Like I said earlier today - good to have a healthy balance. Doesn't give you such a biased view.

Can you point me in the direction of these right wing, or centrist election/legal experts?

its hilarious because the number of votes in question they were bitching about were so small. it was never going to be enough to over turn an entire state decision.

instead of waiting (they know what the projections are with their modelling that occurs in real time as the votes come through) they decided to launch legal action to make it look like there's this massive voter fraud going on.

when in reality these cases are so damn small.
Last I heard was Trump needed 58% of the remaining vote to win Arizona, so the margin was closing. I'm not sure how many votes they were looking to overturn though.

Can you point me in the direction of these right wing, or centrist election/legal experts?
Sure thing. I don't agree with all their views, but I see them pop up every now and then online. Also I don't even know if they identify as right/centrist, but they usually just have an opposing view to the 'norm'

Will Chamberlain
David Shafer
Robert Barnes
Adam Paul Laxalt
Megan Messerly
Josh Caplan
Tricia Flanagan
Lee Zeldin
Jenna Ellis
Will Saletan
Jason Miller

There's heaps of them, I'd be here for hours if I posted them all.

tried my best to summarise. so looks like the outstanding legal action is for Michigan (16 votes) and Pennsylvania (20 votes).

which correct me if i am wrong, means the worst biden can do is 270 and trumps 268?

According to Krystal and Saagar the two law suits in Pennsylvania are for about 3000 votes counted and 10000 (not counted) worst case is that Biden wins by 67k not 70k

Biden has a lead in Michigan by 150k votes, the suits are for nowhere near that.

Sure thing. I don't agree with all their views, but I see them pop up every now and then online. Also I don't even know if they identify as right/centrist, but they usually just have an opposing view to the 'norm'

Will Chamberlain
David Shafer
Robert Barnes
Adam Paul Laxalt
Megan Messerly
Josh Caplan
Tricia Flanagan
Lee Zeldin
Jenna Ellis
Will Saletan
Jason Miller

Did these same 'commentators' say that the Demoncrats should get over it, stop crying, no need to question the result in 2016?

It is beyond just waiting, Biden's lead is now at the point where Trump's administration is not passing on information to the new administration and continueing to question the result.

This is now beyond Trump (he only talks about himself and denies whenever he loses) it is now about Republican's and those right wing commentators you quote to call out the rubbish that is happening.

Trump is continueing to lie about the numbers of COVID cases and stop a measured appropriate response.

Trump is having a tantrum and those who accept this behavior endorse it.

Will Chamberlain
David Shafer
Robert Barnes
Adam Paul Laxalt
Megan Messerly
Josh Caplan
Tricia Flanagan
Lee Zeldin
Jenna Ellis
Will Saletan
Jason Miller

This just seem to be a collection of trump advisers, journalists and republican party members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back