Discussion Random Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh ok, so you actually believe like Trump the result is in dispute and the media is reporting 'in favour of Biden clearly dominates any reporting that favours Trump'?

I actually do not think it is a matter of reporting in favour of Biden.

I actually believe an election has occurred and one party has won. Trump has actually said he won - do you believe that is right?

306 - 232 - yep dispute results but the actual result can not be disputed. That is not 'left leaning bias' that is the result of a democratic process called an election.

Yep, to pull up an analogy again, Trump just lost a fishing contest by actually not catching a fish as big as his competitor. He's now tipped a huge bucket of burley into the water and set off a few flares while blasting the horn and claiming that a frenzy of fish in the water around the boat suggests that there was every chance that his fish is just as big or even bigger than Biden's. If not the bigger fish in the water suggest he should have caught them instead but his little rod was unfair and that Biden having better equipment also unfairly cost him. It's all just a charade to distract everyone from reality and set Biden's tenure up to fail now. He's set the country on fire on his way out the door.

The media didn't do anything other than report politics like they have for decades. Literally that the one who wins the election is the winner. They did it when he won in 2016. His whole presidency has been like a fever dream of political turbulence and insanity, if anything the media were obsessed with him and built his madcap brand of political hand-grenade against the system. They were disapproving of him for not following political convention but that is exactly why his supporters love him.

Ok ...this is where we disagree.

I do not believe the result is in doubt and that is not the fault of the media.

It is time for the 'Republican Party' to call Trump out and act with some class.
Perhaps the republicans from the states in question would know more about what is going on than you or I.

Perhaps the fact they haven't called him out could be because there isn't reason to do so.

Look what is happening in Georgia;

(I actually saw this news from a right wing media outlet but would assume I would be criticised for posting that link and/or it would be dismissed immediately).

A good argument was made for racism being the reason for not certifying the result in Michigan. What about the request for audit in Georgia?

According to them the count was done poorly, now they want to audit with signature matching.

Perhaps Brian Kemp is just a republican hack or (and I think this is fair to say) maybe he just knows what has gone on in Georgia and a signature matching audit is the fairest way to determine the result and weed out any chance of discrepancy. You can have your opinion either way - fact is at the end of the day we do not know the reason behind the want to audit.

The media didn't do anything other than report politics like they have for decades. Literally that the one who wins the election is the winner. They did it when he won in 2016. His whole presidency has been like a fever dream of political turbulence and insanity, if anything the media were obsessed with him and built his madcap brand of political hand-grenade against the system. They were disapproving of him for not following political convention but that is exactly why his supporters love him.
Do you think the media are propaganda machines or not?

Yep, to pull up an analogy again, Trump just lost a fishing contest by actually not catching a fish as big as his competitor. He's now tipped a huge bucket of burley into the water and set off a few flares while blasting the horn and claiming that a frenzy of fish in the water around the boat suggests that there was every chance that his fish is just as big or even bigger than Biden's. If not the bigger fish in the water suggest he should have caught them instead but his little rod was unfair and that Biden having better equipment also unfairly cost him. It's all just a charade to distract everyone from reality and set Biden's tenure up to fail now. He's set the country on fire on his way out the door.

Joints going to burn .

Perhaps the republicans from the states in question would know more about what is going on than you or I.

Perhaps the fact they haven't called him out could be because there isn't reason to do so.

Look what is happening in Georgia;

(I actually saw this news from a right wing media outlet but would assume I would be criticised for posting that link and/or it would be dismissed immediately).

A good argument was made for racism being the reason for not certifying the result in Michigan. What about the request for audit in Georgia?

According to them the count was done poorly, now they want to audit with signature matching.

Perhaps Brian Kemp is just a republican hack or (and I think this is fair to say) maybe he just knows what has gone on in Georgia and a signature matching audit is the fairest way to determine the result and weed out any chance of discrepancy. You can have your opinion either way - fact is at the end of the day we do not know the reason behind the want to audit.

Is Georgia's Secretary of State a Republican - Bradford Jay Raffensperger - who certified the result? I am sure you have posted that it would not be a result until the results are certified. They have been certified.

This is not the media's fault that the result is 306 -232.

That is what the US electorate voted.

They're already in a civil war. Have been burning down their cities for months.

When the left leaning media who have a stranglehold on the biggest platforms spread misinformation this is what you get. Divide and conquer...sad really.

Is Georgia's Secretary of State a Republican - Bradford Jay Raffensperger - who certified the result? I am sure you have posted that it would not be a result until the results are certified. They have been certified.

This is not the media's fault that the result is 306 -232.

That is what the US electorate voted.
No he isn't I'm talking about their Governor who wants a signature matching audit because the count was apparently done poorly. That is to say if you hold a recount without signature matching it is pointless because you are just counting votes that could be deemed fraudulent.

Legal pathway to contest now changes because of the certification but that still doesn't mean the end result is known (ie if mass voter fraud exists and is enough to turn the result of the presidency).

When the left leaning media who have a stranglehold on the biggest platforms spread misinformation this is what you get. Divide and conquer...sad really.

Didn't take you long George!!! Lazy lazy lazy!

Didn't take you long George!!! Lazy lazy lazy!
If we had to stop ourselves all the time and always mention there was nuance we would be here for years, old mate :)

Just like I cop claims of racism, right wing Trump lover - lazy lazy lazy :)

No he isn't I'm talking about their Governor who wants a signature matching audit because the count was apparently done poorly. That is to say if you hold a recount without signature matching it is pointless because you are just counting votes that could be deemed fraudulent.

Legal pathway to contest now changes because of the certification but that still doesn't mean the end result is known (ie if mass voter fraud exists and is enough to turn the result of the presidency).

I know what you are talking about but like Trump I think you are clutching at straws.

The Secretary of State of Georgia certified the result - there is not evidence of 'mass voter fraud'

If we had to stop ourselves all the time and always mention there was nuance we would be here for years, old mate :)

Just like I cop claims of racism, right wing Trump lover - lazy lazy lazy :)

Umm no old mate - we would be having an informed discussion without resorting to labels. Once again I have never called you right wing or racist, that is something you use.

This actually sounds like a quote from Trump:

Do you think the media are propaganda machines or not?

Of course but not in the overt political way you are suggesting. The Trump idea that there is a huge conspiracy is just absolute bullshit. If anything the US media is generally centre right but with some more offerings that are more like The Age type of centrist. Fox was set up to not be news but actual entertainment that was indistinguishable from real news. The youtube offerings make Fox look pale. The mainstream have always helped justify US war mongering and corporate imperialism and have never really been hard on people like Reagan or Bush who were not politically that different to Trump other than the chaos he creates around himself.

I know what you are talking about but like Trump I think you are clutching at straws.

The Secretary of State of Georgia certified the result - there is not evidence of 'mass voter fraud'

Umm no old mate - we would be having an informed discussion without resorting to labels. Once again I have never called you right wing, that is something you use.
No I've never said I'm right wing either - this is something you have made up in your head. You did have a fair crack at labels last night though. Odd to call me out for using them.

This actually sounds like a quote from Trump:
I don't see your point.

Of course but not in the overt political way you are suggesting. The Trump idea that there is a huge conspiracy is just absolute bullshit. If anything the US media is generally centre right but with some more offerings that are more like The Age type of centrist. Fox was set up to not be news but actual entertainment that was indistinguishable from real news. The youtube offerings make Fox look pale. The mainstream have always helped justify US war mongering and corporate imperialism and have never really been hard on people like Reagan or Bush who were not politically that different to Trump other than the chaos he creates around himself.
There is no conspiracy. It is happening every day, in front of our eyes. Media landscapes change, comparing how Trump has been treated to Reagan or Bush is irrelevant.

I can't really be bothered to argue semantics. He is a member of the republican party, this is what I meant - you can label him however you wish, it's beside the point.

Do you believe collusion and impeachment were both attempts to undermine democracy?

They have shown you actual evidence already. Statements under oath - evidence. I don't know why you dismiss this fact.
Statements under oath half of which Trump's own councel has conceded are likely wrong and falsely submitted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Statements under oath half of which Trump's own councel has conceded are likely wrong and falsely submitted.
Right so that would mean the people making those claims be charged with perjury - has this happened?

Right so that would mean the people making those claims be charged with perjury - has this happened?
No because they corrected themafter their first roundof submissions. So you're banking on a legal technicality. Who's to say the rest are all correct?

You can only imagine that Trump and his backers are anarcho-capitalists or extreme libertarians that see opportunity in chaos and in the unregulated political badlands.

Honestly the joints stuffed their 2nd amendment enshrines it.

Just be nice to wake up in the morning Feb next year without a barrage of Twitter domination.

No I've never said I'm right wing either - this is something you have made up in your head. You did have a fair crack at labels last night though. Odd to call me out for using them.

I don't see your point.

There is no conspiracy. It is happening every day, in front of our eyes. Media landscapes change, comparing how Trump has been treated to Reagan or Bush is irrelevant.

Ummmm you continually take offence such as this -

"Just like I cop claims of racism, right wing Trump lover - lazy lazy lazy :)" without reference to this occurring.

What labels have I used - please quote. My recollection was I was responding to some unsubstantiated tweet that you posted.

Ok old mate, we disagree. You are passionate that the media is left leaning and Trump can still win the election as it is in doubt.

I'm off to shoot hoops with the kids.

Enjoy the day all.

Ummmm you continually take offence such as this -

"Just like I cop claims of racism, right wing Trump lover - lazy lazy lazy :)" without reference to this occurring.

What labels have I used - please quote. My recollection was I was responding to some unsubstantiated tweet that you posted.

Ok old mate, we disagree. You are passionate that the media is left leaning and Trump can still win the election as it is in doubt.

I'm off to shoot hoops with the kids.

Enjoy the day all.
You have a short memory. I seem to always have to repeat myself to you.

A week or so ago I showed you reference to being called a racist - and you yourself responded and said that it was character assassination.

There's another.

What labels have you used?

Good boy.

Would never want for you to find it offensive to be called a racist right winger, Trump lover. Nothing offensive about that. ;)

Have a great day

No because they corrected themafter their first roundof submissions. So you're banking on a legal technicality. Who's to say the rest are all correct?
Nobody, and that is my point. You have no idea. I have no idea. Let it play itself out.

Nobody, and that is my point. You have no idea. I have no idea. Let it play itself out.
But you're claiming that's evidence. Hearsay, 50% of which is incorrect and all of which is from people who don't actually run vote counting centers is pretty shoddy evidence compared to actual data and statements from both republican and democrat vote counting officials in literally every state.

Wow George, surely you can do better than that!

Statements made under oath aren't evidence of anything other than that person's testimony of their belief in and support for the statement they are making. Five witnesses to an event invariably have five variations of the event itself. Our entire judicial system is based on the infallibility of human experience while accepting the sincerity of those witnesses to record their "truth." Perjury is deliberate misrepresentation of what are or become the facts that are accepted to most accurately represent the event that occurred.

Your defense of the arguments you have been proposing have degenerated into the farce the posters who do not support your view object to. You do not seem to appreciate that point and continue to dig a hole so deep that it could emerge on the dark side of the moon. Still technically in the earth's orbit but definitely out in space!

You have a short memory. I seem to always have to repeat myself to you.

A week or so ago I showed you reference to being called a racist - and you yourself responded and said that it was character assassination.

There's another.

What labels have you used?

Have a great day

No not a short memory at all.

Yes mate in that instance you did have your character assassinated.

Not when I posted, I asked you a question so you could reflect on calling everyone who disagrees with you a lefty.

I did not call you a racist right winger - you take me out of context as you do:

'Would never want for you to find it offensive to be called a racist right winger, Trump lover. Nothing offensive about that. ;) '

This is a question to you it shows how destructive labels can be and this morning you have reverted to them once again.

Nuance George is important, have a gooed day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back