Random Question Thread (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Make Gibbs (or any other Carlton/Richmond player) your vice captain.
2. If Gibbs gets a good score, put the C on a GC player (or another player who won't play round 1) and put an emergency on the bench that will come in for them. eg. put the C on Matera, move Richardson to the bench - and put the E on him
3. If Gibbs gets a crap score, put the C on someone who will play, eg Swan

Cheers brah.

Awesome :thumbsu:

How come VS seem to fail to realise that the Carlton V Richmond game starts at 7:40pm and not 7:10pm. Surley they have been informed of the change of match time...

I sen them an email but they said "The match actually starts at 7:10pm"......well actually it doesn't

Basically you want to do this

Gibbs VC, Swan captain. If Gibbs scores enough for you as captain than trade Swan out and back in, to not have the captain selection on him.

For emergencies, put Cartlon and Richmond players as emergencies and if they score well enough for your fancy, than put GC player on the field who will not play. If they dont score well enough fill the rest of your side with players from other teams (eg: Not GC, Carlton or Richmond).

This has probably been answered previously, but does anyone know whether Dream Team will re-open the lockout after the Carlton/Richmond game??
Yes it has. Just read the info say...I don't know where...on the actual Dream Team site or on of the other hundred dedicated dream team sites or even read the last few pages because im sure this has probaley been asked a 1000 times.

What scores are people willing to take from their vice-captains on thursday night?
If Gibbs puts up a 110 do you take that or roll the dice again with Swan?..

Not a direct question, just think it will spark some new discussion. I would probably go with Swan if I got a 110 from Gibbs.

What scores are people willing to take from their vice-captains on thursday night?
If Gibbs puts up a 110 do you take that or roll the dice again with Swan?..

Not a direct question, just think it will spark some new discussion. I would probably go with Swan if I got a 110 from Gibbs.
If Gibbs got 120 I'd take it. We've got to remember Swan averages 123 and loves playing Port. Swan should easily go 120+ V Port.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how will people plan strategies against the sub this year?

is it possible to predict?

Youd be shattered if you had swan as captain in an important week, the pies lead by 10 goals at half time so Mick rests him...

Nothing you can do to plan against that sort of thing. The only thing you can plan for is who the sub actually is. Having a look at the number of teams who are playing on Thursday/Friday night in the first 10 round, the teams that have the most are:

Carlton (5)
Richmond, Geelong, St Kilda, Collingwood (3)
Melbourne, Port (2)
Gold Coast, West Coast, Brisbane, Sydney, Hawthorn (1)

At least we should know before lockout (or at least have some idea) who the sub is going to be (named 90 minutes before first bounce) and not have them on the field if we're unlucky enough to have them in our teams.

Sorry if it's been asked before, but how do you join the prospectus league?

When i use the code it says please join trhough the groups page, whats it mean by that?

Cheers in advance.

I only need to wait 18 more hours to get the answer to this, but I am impatient and want to know now (thanks to Andy Otten)...:D

Does anyone know whether or not clubs will name who the SUB will be on Thursday/Friday nights?

Or will they give us the usual 4 bench names and make the decision on gameday?

Sides will just name a 4 man bench, than make the Sub confirmed about 90 minutes from start of play.

So Andy Otten is going to tell you if he is a sub or not?? confused

So Andy Otten is going to tell you if he is a sub or not?? confused
I'm guessing you missed the DT talk article/ the small interview with Craig where he said something along the lines of 'Otten would be the perfect type of sub player' which has lead to many people offloading Otten. :p

Hmmm...that just makes things even more difficult for the year ahead. :p

You would hate to play a Duigan or a Tapscott or whoever one round, only to find out that 90 minutes before the bounce they have been selected as the SUB.

Really no way of predicting this stuff either as it will change so often depending on so many variables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back