Random Question Thread (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Im guessing it will just be from the bench and maybe listed as the 4th player on quite a few occasions. Like when looking at Saturday teams and they name 25 and a starting 18. No one expects any of the starting 18 to miss. Only 3 miss from the 7 man bench, thats what i think will happen anyway, but we really have no idea.

If Jake Batchelor is picked for round 1, will people pick him??

Hmmm...that just makes things even more difficult for the year ahead. :p

You would hate to play a Duigan or a Tapscott or whoever one round, only to find out that 90 minutes before the bounce they have been selected as the SUB.

Really no way of predicting this stuff either as it will change so often depending on so many variables.
Easiest way to deal with it would be to only play guys in your 22 who are clearly best 21 in their respective clubs... affects your drafting strategy though.

Easiest way to deal with it would be to only play guys in your 22 who are clearly best 21 in their respective clubs... affects your drafting strategy though.

Remember the days when D.Swan used to start on the bench. About 3 years ago, he was lined up on the bench every game.

B.Stanton, D.Giansiracusa are a couple of others that come to mind that also start on the bench sometimes. They usually come on within the first few minutes and coaches merely use this tactic to help shake the tag and to play mind games on the opposing coach.

Same goes with rookies, sometimes the better scoring rookie is named on the bench but if you play them, you are rolling the dice they may be the SUB.

i want to join a league with good players i average usually 2000 2 years ago finished 19th overall, anyone got room?

Being a rookie at DT my question and just slap me if it's a ridiculous one but if I select a player for example in the forward line but he starts in the middle does he still receive a score or does he have to start in the position selected.

Being a rookie at DT my question and just slap me if it's a ridiculous one but if I select a player for example in the forward line but he starts in the middle does he still receive a score or does he have to start in the position selected.

*slap* :p

Score counts no matter where they play. One of the smart moves is to actually aim for DT backs/forwards that play in midfield as that's where the huge points are generated.

I'm looking for a spot in a league. I came about 20,000th last year. If anyone has a spot, let me know

*slap* :p

Score counts no matter where they play. One of the smart moves is to actually aim for DT backs/forwards that play in midfield as that's where the huge points are generated.

Thanks, thats what I have aimed for but then got the 'what if's'

While your slapping me around what are the chances of Atley and Richardson come Rd 1

Richardson almost certain. Atley around a 70% chance. If I were to guess the sub for round 1, it'd be Atley which isn't ideal.

Richardson much more likely to be a regular although Atley will still play 10+ games.

FWIW, I'd lock in Richardson and avoid Atley.

Thanks, much appreciated

is it true if i set marc murphy as vice captain, dion prestia as captain, and make bewick my emergency on the bench, then i get a free look at murphy as my captain. If murphy fails thurs night, i just put the C on swan and let the emergency replace prestia?

is it true if i set marc murphy as vice captain, dion prestia as captain, and make bewick my emergency on the bench, then i get a free look at murphy as my captain. If murphy fails thurs night, i just put the C on swan and let the emergency replace prestia?

yes, (that's how it was last year anyway)

i don't think they've ironed it out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 questions guys:

1) Why is everyone going cold on Petrie? To me he represents good value and a DP link. I don't really care that he misses rd 1. Is there something I'm missing here?

2) Do people feel there is any point in buying premiums from North, Geelong, Carlton or Essendon, given they have byes during the finals? At the moment I have Gibbs and Selwood but am a bit hesitant to keep them....thoughts?

2 questions guys:

1) Why is everyone going cold on Petrie? To me he represents good value and a DP link. I don't really care that he misses rd 1. Is there something I'm missing here?

2) Do people feel there is any point in buying premiums from North, Geelong, Carlton or Essendon, given they have byes during the finals? At the moment I have Gibbs and Selwood but am a bit hesitant to keep them....thoughts?
1. Agree. Intially I was going to wait till round 4 to pick up Petrie, but you never know what's round the corner, so I've taken him with a DP link to my rucks.
2. You can't ignore the points that Gibbs and Selwood will get you if you're going for the overall. And they may be the difference between making your league finals, and not.

2 questions guys:

1. North also have the bye in round 3, so it will mean a few rounds with no change in value for petrie. Its a tough one but at least with petrie you could upgrade or downgrade him late in the season before the finals, im unsure whether to have him or not also.

2. I've decided to only have one premium from those 4 teams Gibbs. I went with Montagna ahead of selwood for this reason. Using a sidways trade is a waste if i think that selwood n montagna will average very similar scores.

Does anyone think that Curnow can be this year's Michael Barlow?

Have very similar pedigree in terms of what they have done in the VFL etc.

With the partial lockout tonight does that mean your leagues need to be filled tonight or can you still join them tomorrow.

Does anyone think that Curnow can be this year's Michael Barlow?

Have very similar pedigree in terms of what they have done in the VFL etc.

Remember Barlow's pre season last year, he dominated games and was all the rage, Curnow has barely even had a mention. As much as I rate him I doubt he will have the impact that Barlow had last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back