Rank the best future midfields

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo's midfield in three years will be built around:

Fyfe, Hill, Barlow, Neale, Morabito, D Pearce

Then our fringe mids will be:
Suban, C Pearce, Sheridan

Crowley's replacement is still to be determined - A few on the Freo Board think DeBoer would be suitable for the role due to his speed, endurance and defensive pressure but who knows.

Would love to know what non-freo supporters think of Lachie Neale? In my biased opinion I think that he is going to be one of the best small inside mids in the game. He has only just turned 21 year old, He was given a chance to play in the squad because of injury and has just consistently improved. Quick hands and feet and seems to have quite a bit of footy awareness always finding himself where the ball is.

I'm already creaming myself thinking about our midfield in action next year. That game against the Cats was crazy. Now that Jack's back, I can't wait to see how we start performing for the rest of this season. Go Suns.

I'm already creaming myself thinking about our midfield in action next year. That game against the Cats was crazy. Now that Jack's back, I can't wait to see how we start performing for the rest of this season. Go Suns.

it should be the best....anything less would be a failure of the Suns development team

hard to see the Suns and GWS not dominating the comp for at least 5 years....

Has to be the Suns.

Though a midfield of Masten, Selwood, Gaff, Priddis, Hutchings and Shuey must strike fear into the hearts of opposition fans for years to come.

Not particularly, I don't think that group will get anywhere near a good number of teams midfields such as Gold Coast, GWS, Port, Sydney or the Bulldogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best future midfields?

Collingwood 2074
Fremantle 2021
Gold Coast 2043
Wellington 2054
Collingwood 2016

Tiakaha is such a downhill skier
Moahaka is just to big of a midfielder for the modern game - small zippy mids are what they need not 6"2 91kg lumbering dinosaurs
Memehakeraptapetaitapanui's name is too long - every time he gets a possy - by the time the commentators have finished saying his name the quarter has finished
Tokanawiteguy - spud delist

Best future midfields?

Collingwood 2074
Fremantle 2021
Gold Coast 2043
Wellington 2054
Collingwood 2016
Moahaka is just to big of a midfielder for the modern game - small zippy mids are what they need not 6"2 91kg lumbering dinosaurs
Memehakeraptapetaitapanui's name is too long - every time he gets a possy - by the time the commentators have finished saying his name the quarter has finished

Yeah, but what about Gaz III ? More than makes up for the patchiness of the rest. And at 4.9mil a season he'd want to!

Yeah, but what about Gaz III ? More than makes up for the patchiness of the rest. And at 4.9mil a season he'd want to!
Yeah I feel Gazza the Third tends to be made to look much better than he is by the supreme ruck work of Josh Fraser Jnr. That kid is gonna be a gun, best number #1 draft pick since his old man.

You forgot to mention the Crows international recruit Isoamucau. :)

5 young players with a lot of development a head of them will be the core of Melbourne's future midfield

Trengove-22
Tyson-21
Viney-20
Toumpas-20
Salem-18

Still need to add more this coming offseason, our first round pick will probably be used on an inside mid (Petracca/Brayshaw) and Billy Stretch as a father son selection either 2nd or 3rd round as a speedy outside player will give us a bit to work with to develop into a decent midfield.

5 young players with a lot of development a head of them will be the core of Melbourne's future midfield

Trengove-22
Tyson-21
Viney-20
Toumpas-20
Salem-18

Still need to add more this coming offseason, our first round pick will probably be used on an inside mid (Petracca/Brayshaw) and Billy Stretch as a father son selection either 2nd or 3rd round as a speedy outside player will give us a bit to work with to develop into a decent midfield.

I like your optimism.

Still young, played the best footy I've seen from him in the first quarter in round 1 this year, didn't go on with it for the whole game though but still has talent.

Probably won't ever become a star that his number 2 pick should suggest but could be a decent player for years to come.

Still young, played the best footy I've seen from him in the first quarter in round 1 this year, didn't go on with it for the whole game though but still has talent.

Probably won't ever become a star that his number 2 pick should suggest but could be a decent player for years to come.
Hey I wish him the best of luck, he was ****ed around in a spectacular way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rank the best future midfields

Remove this Banner Ad

Back