Rank your team

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee Barrass at 16 is tough.

Yea it does feel a bit harsh. Incredible grand final but just hasn't had the consistency since; is excellent one week and very worrisome the next. Think in that second bracket ive listed, you could easily change the order around.

Looking at your list, we have 9 of the top 10 the same. I think Gaff at 12 shows just how high our expectations of him are; hes consistently the best wingman in the league (should top 100 career brownlow votes this year), and has shown over and over he actually has a pretty legit inside mid game (#1 and #3 on the ground in contested possessions with our midfield missing the last two games)

1: Walters
2: Fyfe
3: Ryan
4: Pearce
5: Hamling
6: Brayshaw
7: Mundy
8: Hogan
9: Logue
10: Darcy
11: Cerra
12: Wilson
13: Taberner
14: Lobb
15: Cox
16: Serong
17: Aish
18: Young
19: Tucker
20: Acres
21: Conca
22: Hughes
23: Hill
24: Duman
25: Blakely
26: Crowden
27: Schultz
28: Frederick
29: Watson
30: Bewley
31: Colyer
32: Henry
33: Banfield
34: Sturt
37: Matera
38: Switkowski
39: Giro
40: Dixon
41. Pina
42. Meek
43. North
44. O'Reilly

Not a huge fan of rankings because we all see through different eyes, but what the hell time is slow at the moment.

1: M. Bontempelli
2: J. Macrae
3: B. Smith
4: A. Naughton
5: A. Keath
6: B. Williams
7: H. Crozier
8: T. English
9: C. Daniel
10: L. Hunter
11: J. Johannisen
12: T. Liberatore
13: M. Wallis
14: J. Dunkley
15: L. Vandermeer
16: T. McLean
17: T. Duryea
18: E. Wood
19: Z. Cordy
20: P. Lipinski
21: M. Suckling
22: S. Lloyd
23: J. Bruce
24: B. Dale
25: E. Richards
26: R. West
27: J. Schache
28: T. Dickson
29: W. Hayes
30: R. Smith
- Rest -

A couple of widgets and subtle game style adjustments short of greatness.
Caleb is real low at 9...for mine I’d move him to 2 and effectively have the rest down 1 but swap Naughton with B.Smith.

Libba probably goes to 6 on that scale too and same, same, everyone pushes down 1 again.

Hard to argue with the rest.

Caleb is real low at 9...for mine I’d move him to 2 and effectively have the rest down 1 but swap Naughton with B.Smith.

Libba probably goes to 6 on that scale too and same, same, everyone pushes down 1 again.

Hard to argue with the rest.
Fair enough Lex22, Liberatore has been awesome this year and i for one doubted he could get back to his best, but he has 100%.

Solomon will be hot property I'd expect. Maybe Monkhorst as ruch coach? Not sure who at the Hawks would be worthwhile tbh

I just want some changes in assistants - not another reshuffle, we need new blood coming through
1. Bont
2. Naughton
3. Macrae
4. Smith
5. English
6. Dunkley
7. Hunter
8. Williams
9. JJ
10. Crozier
11. Daniel
12. Keath
13. Wallis
14. Libba
16. Mclean
17. Lipinski
18. Vandermeer
19. Wood
20. Bruce
21. Weightman
22. West
23. Dickson
24. Richards
25. Suckling
26 + the rest
Not a huge fan of rankings because we all see through different eyes, but what the hell time is slow at the moment.

1: M. Bontempelli
2: J. Macrae
3: B. Smith
4: A. Naughton
5: A. Keath
6: B. Williams
7: H. Crozier
8: T. English
9: C. Daniel
10: L. Hunter
11: J. Johannisen
12: T. Liberatore
13: M. Wallis
14: J. Dunkley
15: L. Vandermeer
16: T. McLean
17: T. Duryea
18: E. Wood
19: Z. Cordy
20: P. Lipinski
21: M. Suckling
22: S. Lloyd
23: J. Bruce
24: B. Dale
25: E. Richards
26: R. West
27: J. Schache
28: T. Dickson
29: W. Hayes
30: R. Smith
- Rest -

A couple of widgets and subtle game style adjustments short of greatness.
  1. Bont
  2. Libba
  3. Macrae
  4. Naughton
  5. Hunter
  6. Dunkley
  7. Daniel
  8. Crozier
  9. Wallis
  10. Smith
  11. Keath
  12. Williams
  13. English
  14. McLean
  15. JJ
  16. Lipinski
  17. Bruce
  18. Vandermeer
  19. Cordy
  20. Wood
  21. Jong
  22. Dale
Bont

Dunkley
Libba
Hunter
B Smith
Macrae

Naughton
Crozier
Williams
Daniel
English
Wallis
Keath

Maclean
JJ
Durea
Cordy

Vandermeer
Lipinski
Richards
Bruce
Dale

West
R Smith
Lachie young
Wood
Jong
Suckling
Schache
Butler
Lewis young
Trengrove
Lloyd

Gardner
Hayes
Weightman
Green
Cavarra
Gowers
Lynch
Dickson
Porter

Yet to play
Garcia
Khamis
Sweet

Was actually a difficult task.

Feel like Macrae is probably too low but you could throw a blanket over 2-6 and I feel like you just don't notice Macraes possessions as much as the ones ahead of him.

Expect Naughton to be higher next year but too inconsistent at the moment.

The bottom of the list is interesting with a mix of players who have shown a lot of promise but dropped away, players who are fairly limited but get games as role players and players who I think are decent players but can't get a game in our system.
This is certainly not a personal dig at anyone but I’m genuinely flabbergasted that Caleb Daniel has not made the Top 5 of any Dogs posts to date.

We
This is certainly not a personal dig at anyone but I’m genuinely flabbergasted that Caleb Daniel has not made the Top 5 of any Dogs posts to date.
Caleb is a magnificent kick coming out of defence but we run a zone/intercepting backline.
Caleb couldn't do what he does without Crozier and Williams intercepting the way they do and they also both provide great drive out of defence so I have them higher due to having more strings to their bows.
Hard to put him above our midfielders and Naughton creates so many scores out of nothing. Our forward line would be impotent without him.

We

Caleb is a magnificent kick coming out of defence but we run a zone/intercepting backline.
Caleb couldn't do what he does without Crozier and Williams intercepting the way they do and they also both provide great drive out of defence so I have them higher due to having more strings to their bows.
Hard to put him above our midfielders and Naughton creates so many scores out of nothing. Our forward line would be impotent without him.
Agree heavily regarding Naughton, Bont aside he’s probably our most important player and turns one of the more vanilla forward lines in the comp into at least a functioning one.

Can’t agree regarding Caleb. He sets up so much drive regardless of what’s going on behind him and is our best user/decision maker.

Even seeing him of late plug the occasional clearance hole up the field and play a little higher at times. He’s irreplaceable for mine.

I very nearly had him there - could put a blanket over 3rd to 7th for me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1 Naitanui
2 Yeo
3 Gov
4 Sheppard
5 Shuey
6 Gaff
7 Kennedy
8 Darling
9 Ryan
10 Kelly

11 Redden
12 Sheed
13 Cripps
14 Duggan
15 Hurn
16 Barrass

17 Allen
18 Waterman
19 Cole
20 Nelson
21 Schofield
22 Jetta
23 Hutchings
24 Rotham
25 Ah Chee

26 Brander
27 Hickey
28 Vardy
29 Cameron
30 Jones
31 Williams
32 XON
33 Petruccelle
34 Ainsworth
35 Watson
36 Edwards
37 Brayshaw
38 Foley
39 Reid

Pretty clear top 10 for me. Feels harsh to have player of the finals in 2018 Redden at 11, but i think our top 10 is very strong. I've picked on a set of pretty arbitrary criteria, but I guess these ranks mostly reflects my thoughts on their importance to the team.

Rioli and Venables not included; Rioli slots in at #9, Venables #20

Patron thoughts? Ryan at 9 feels harsh; will go top 4 or 5 in our B&F, but tough to put him any higher
Some Changes Imo but very similar overall. My Criteria was to play a game tomorrow (if fully fit). I reckon Duggan's really elevated, you were harsh on hurn's slide and soft on JK's. I think we underrate barrass.

1 Naitanui
2 Yeo
3 Gov
4 Shuey
5 Sheppard
6 Gaff
7 Kelly
8 Darling
9 Ryan
10 Kennedy

11 Duggan
12 Sheed
13 Hurn
14 Barrass
15 Cripps
16 Redden
17 Allen
18 Waterman

19 Cole
20 Rotham
21 Nelson
22 Schofield
23 Hutchings
24 Jetta
25 Ah Chee

26 Brander
27 Hickey
28 Cameron
29 Jones
30 Williams
31 XON
32 Petruccelle
33 Ainsworth
34 Watson
35 Edwards
36 Vardy
37 Brayshaw
38 Foley
39 Reid

Last edited:
I'll rate our team when we get a new list manager. It's not an even playing field with Dodo and the scouts working under him.

Needs a complete overhaul.

1. Neale
2. Andrews
3. Cameron
4. Zorko
5. McCluggage
6. Rich
7. Lyons
8. J.Berry
9. Hipwood
10. Gardiner
11. Robinson
12. Rayner
13. Bailey
14. Martin
15. McInerney
16. Starcevich
17. Ah Chee
18. McCarthy
19. Lester
20. Birchall
21. Answerth
22. McStay
23. Witherden
24. Adams
25. Ellis-yolman

The rest

In terms of potential and who I think will become the best players in the future:

1. Rayner
2. McCluggage
3. Andrews
4. Starcevich
5. Bailey
6. J.Berry
7. Ah Chee
8. Coleman

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Rank your team

Remove this Banner Ad