Rankine on Starc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Miluxx

Team Captain
Feb 12, 2024
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
How many weeks?

My gut feel is 1. But I'm not sure how the entire process works. Plus think people comparing it to parker in the vfl is silly.

Depends on the injury
Likely to be 2-3 weeks compared to Luke Parkers one which was more forceful and copped 6 weeks (more severe facial injury for the VFL player.

Lined him up? Rankine was watching the ball and Starcevich just comes charging at him. Either he lays out Rankine, or Rankine braces for contact. Bump hit him squarely in the chest, but top of his head hit Starcevich in the chin due to the pace he ran at him.

Will get weeks because that’s just the way it is now, but not sure what we are wanting players to do in these situations.
lol

it was a snipers act if there ever was one.

Lined him up? Rankine was watching the ball and Starcevich just comes charging at him. Either he lays out Rankine, or Rankine braces for contact. Bump hit him squarely in the chest, but top of his head hit Starcevich in the chin due to the pace he ran at him.

Will get weeks because that’s just the way it is now, but not sure what we are wanting players to do in these situations.

Rankine didn't brace for contact, he launched forwards towards him with the intent to bump. I don't think he intended to get him high, but the upwards motion of the bump meant they clashed heads.

Starcevich wasn't "charging" towards him. He was jogging towards his man to pick him up; look at how upright he was and wasn't in a position to make contact with Rankine.

lol

it was a snipers act if there ever was one.
Haha I think you need to learn the definition of what a sniper is. Accidental head contact from a bump squarely in the chest is not the equivalent of someone belting a bloke off the ball. They didn’t even suspend this act before the AFL got sued for concussion.

It’ll get graded as careless and high impact, which is 3 weeks.

Rankine didn't brace for contact, he launched forwards towards him with the intent to bump. I don't think he intended to get him high, but the upwards motion of the bump meant they clashed heads.

Starcevich wasn't "charging" towards him. He was jogging towards his man to pick him up; look at how upright he was and wasn't in a position to make contact with Rankine.

Fair enough, but people calling him a sniper really do need to read up on the definition of that word.

Fair enough, but people calling him a sniper really do need to read up on the definition of that word.

Can we settle on a dog act by a coward who wouldn't even go over to Starce to shake his hand post-match?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What type of response were you hoping to get from this post? This isn't the Brisbane board

Yeah, its the cauldron of ideas, the mainboard. Well observed.

It was a classic snipe from a player who can't handle a tag, but in the moment he got it very very wrong. Luckily for Adelaide it won't impact their season this year.

I hope Harris Andrews is ok after this nasty tumble

Look at how limber he is for such a tall person. Fog will look good in a Lions guernsey don't worry.

1720353758831.png

Please
He lined him up.

The guy is IMHO one of the most skilled players in the comp and knows what he was doing he could of evaded that contact at any point

3 weeks

How is this not a clear as day snipe?

Ball not remotely nearby or in the play, Starc rightfully not expecting any contact and Rankine leans in with the shoulder and cleans him up for absolutely no reason.

Head contact, concussion = high contact, severe impact.

Should be minimum 3 but maybe 4.

I hope Harris Andrews is ok after this nasty tumble

Is attempted striking still punishable? I just haven't seen one for a while and to be honest this isn't a good look on Andrews. Should be textbook definition of attempted potential to cause injury high

But Rankine is 3 if not 4. We just need to accept it and write the season off fully finish below St Kilda and not worry about what pick they do or don't get for Battle.

Is attempted striking still punishable? I just haven't seen one for a while and to be honest this isn't a good look on Andrews. Should be textbook definition of attempted potential to cause injury high

But Rankine is 3 if not 4. We just need to accept it and write the season off fully finish below St Kilda and not worry about what pick they do or don't get for Battle.
Honestly attempted striking should be. Im assuming it could only be a fine but Andrews should cop one for that. Was a dumb move that he was lucky didnt connect

Remove this Banner Ad

Rankine on Starc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back