Rate a Country: BIG FOOTY WORLD CUP - FINALS SERIES

Remove this Banner Ad

Aren't the people in France the rudest of all? Screw them. I'm not into wine or cheese either, so they can f off.

Spain for me.

Aren't the people in France the rudest of all?

I'd heard that, but I found all the shop keepers etc in Paris really friendly. I'd wander in and try to say hello in my crappy French, they'd have a friendly laugh about how bad it was and start talking to me in English.

From what I've heard it's when you start booming expectantly at them in English right off the bat they get a bit uppity. Which is fair enough, it's their country and visitors should make the effort.

I did see a road raging taxi driver jump out and start smashing on the side of an ambulance though (an ambulance!!), which was a classic little French stereotype.

Very hard decision here.

In terms of the stereotypes, you get the one where the French are meant to be rude (argued back against by saying it's their natural reaction to tourists expecting them to speak in english), but there's also the one where the Spanish are meant to be blatantly racist yet oblivious to it (I've seen it numerous times online).

My initial reaction was France, however upon further consideration, Spain's women tend to shit all over France's and Spain has had greater success in world sports (and no, not just WC 2010 which is equalled by WC 1998).

I'll reluctantly go France as I've got to make a decision sooner or later. Basing this mainly on France having a better spread of something for everybody.

I found the French to be pretty friendly and not really rude at all. I think as long as you make an effort to speak a couple of words in French and are polite they will be friendly and polite back. The rudeness tag probably comes from dumbarse English and American tourists who treat them like shit because they don't speak English and then get shocked when the French are rude back to them.

The service in Spain was actually worse than France, they aren't rude but just slow and lazy. You would go to pay for something and the staff there would take ages to serve you if they served you at all, quite a few times I either just left money on the counter or walked out without paying.

Also
7g13-big.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just my 0.02 on the question of manners or lack thereof.

Not so much in Spain, but other parts of the continent, among those fellow travellers who you meet in hostels and bars and the like, French people were much more open and friendly, and Spanish people were far more insular and unwilling to branch out past their own group. In terms of the Spanish, this is something that sticks out vividly in my memory.

In my experiences anyway.

PS To the Spanish women > French women post?

NO.

Just my 0.02 on the question of manners or lack thereof.

Not so much in Spain, but other parts of the continent, among those fellow travellers who you meet in hostels and bars and the like, French people were much more open and friendly, and Spanish people were far more insular and unwilling to branch out past their own group. In terms of the Spanish, this is something that sticks out vividly in my memory.

In my experiences anyway.

PS To the Spanish women > French women post?

NO.

You'd know better than me, but the impression I get of the glorified 'hot' French woman is the catwalk model with the rake thin body and a face that isn't actually hot to the general population but rather to the fans of abstract fashion per se.

Of course it's a stereotype, but one that evolved in France more so than any other country in Europe.

in b4 MĂ©lissa Theuriau

You'd know better than me, but the impression I get of the glorified 'hot' French woman is the catwalk model with the rake thin body and a face that isn't actually hot to the general population but rather to the fans of abstract fashion per se.

Of course it's a stereotype, but one that evolved in France more so than any other country in Europe.

I have seen too many hot French women to fall for that stereotype. ;)

Second Quarter Final

3 UNITED STATES

[youTube]spL5JEslGV8[/youTube]

Round 1: Win over 213 GIBRALTAR
Round 2: Win over 179 BARBADOS
Round 3: Win over 124 NEW ZEALAND
Second Qualifying Final: Win over 27 SPAIN

V

14 GERMANY

[youTube]zfzZdSxkzMw[/youTube]

Round 1: Win over 189 ARUBA
Round 2: Win over 111 SLOVAKIA
Round 3: Win over 93 AUSTRIA
Fourth Qualifying Final: Loss to 21 FRANCE
Eigth Qualifying Final: Win over 61 NETHERLANDS

Winner to go one step towards glory!

Winner: United States... epic Semi Final with either Russia or Canada coming up.

Germany.

The only time I'd ever barrack for the US over Germany would have been WW2.

There's a sense of inevitability about America winning this tournament. Like a predictably lame US-flag-rocking Hollywood movie.

**** you guys :p

How did you come to form this opinion?
working with a fair few in ireland, and just generally being around them in social settings whilst travelling.

i also got stuck in a hostel room with me and a group of 9 frenchies and they were a total pain in the ass.... anyway. such is life.

for this match - germany. ****ing love that place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rate a Country: BIG FOOTY WORLD CUP - FINALS SERIES

Remove this Banner Ad

Back