*Rate A Player Thread*

Remove this Banner Ad

Theo is still up in the air for me. First off is he a full fledged winger now or are we still referring to him as a striker. His best is mind boggling and his worst is head shaking. He has no middle ground atm. If he can put those mind boggling performances week in week out he could be a similar player to Cristiano Ronaldo although a poorer version. He could also be the next SWP too but in fairness to Theo hes got a better eye for goal.

7.5 for our boy Tim:thumbsu:

Always scores goals from Midfield.

Not quite Elite but Very Very Good.

Didier Drogba

Drogba is perfect for Chelseas system but I wonder how he would go with Torres or Tevez next to him. Probably one of the few strikers in the world who plays better as a lone striker then with a strike partner. Needs to do more for Chelsea in Europe I think. Domestically he gets the job done but still, you look back at that slap in the CL final and it sums up his CL experiences with Chelsea I think. About the 5th best striker in the world atm

8.5/10

Yaya Toure

Drogba is perfect for Chelseas system but I wonder how he would go with Torres or Tevez next to him. Probably one of the few strikers in the world who plays better as a lone striker then with a strike partner. Needs to do more for Chelsea in Europe I think. Domestically he gets the job done but still, you look back at that slap in the CL final and it sums up his CL experiences with Chelsea I think. About the 5th best striker in the world atm

5th? I mean he's had his injury concerns, but fit and on form, he's definite top 3 for me. Raw strength, power, pace, rocket of a shot. When he's interested, he's as close to unstoppable as you will find.

Uber **** though.

Torres couldn't play with Drogba, both prefer to play as lone strikers, and are definitely most effective doing that. Tevez, possibly. But unlikely. But you're right, he suits the system perfectly, in fact it's probably moulded around him.

The sooner he replaces pea heart Anelka, the better for Chelsea. The more he's injured, the better for everyone else.

5th? I mean he's had his injury concerns, but fit and on form, he's definite top 3 for me. Raw strength, power, pace, rocket of a shot. When he's interested, he's as close to unstoppable as you will find.

Uber **** though.

Torres couldn't play with Drogba, both prefer to play as lone strikers, and are definitely most effective doing that. Tevez, possibly. But unlikely. But you're right, he suits the system perfectly, in fact it's probably moulded around him.

The sooner he replaces pea heart Anelka, the better for Chelsea. The more he's injured, the better for everyone else.

Probably not in the top 5 cos of his injury concerns as you said. I think most lone strikers are uber ***** though. They do all the work and get none of the reward :D

Theo is still up in the air for me. First off is he a full fledged winger now or are we still referring to him as a striker. His best is mind boggling and his worst is head shaking. He has no middle ground atm. If he can put those mind boggling performances week in week out he could be a similar player to Cristiano Ronaldo although a poorer version. He could also be the next SWP too but in fairness to Theo hes got a better eye for goal.

I think a lot of people forget Walcott is only 19. A lot of kids (and he is still a kid) his age are inconsistent, no matter how talented they are. The consistency will come with experience.

Back on topic....pretty hard not to like Yaya. A huge physical presence in the centre of the park but also a nice passer of the ball and chimes in with the odd goal despite not being really required to. Should be at the heart of Barcelona's midfield for the next three years at least. A Toure-Keita midfield = fantastic_crows' dream. ;)

8/10. Next: Emile Heskey, England superstar.

I think a lot of people forget Walcott is only 19. A lot of kids (and he is still a kid) his age are inconsistent, no matter how talented they are. The consistency will come with experience.

Back on topic....pretty hard not to like Yaya. A huge physical presence in the centre of the park but also a nice passer of the ball and chimes in with the odd goal despite not being really required to. Should be at the heart of Barcelona's midfield for the next three years at least. A Toure-Keita midfield = fantastic_crows' dream. ;)

8/10. Next: Emile Heskey, England superstar.

Barely good enough for Wigan. He got what, 1 goal in the last 6 months of last year and 3 goals for the whole year. How he gets a game ahead of Crouch Ashton is beyond me. Hes not even that good at holding up the ball or setting up goals. At Wigan the midfield just move the ball beyond him and try to just pretend he isnt there. Wigan should sell as quickly as they can find a buyer

5/10

Carlos Cuellar

Carlos Cuellar - 7.6/10
Next player: Yossi Benayoun

Biggest downhill skier in football atm. Superstar when hes playing Beskitas and a bunch of no hopers but put him up against a top 4 side and instead of running to the lines and into the box hes running sideways looking for a backwards pass. I think its a mental/confidence thing more then a talent thing but hes at that age where if he cant do it now hes never gonna be able to perform when his team needs him too. When the pressure is on Yossi goes hiding. Not what you want from a CL player. Not good enough for Liverpool. He found his level at West Ham and should of stuck with it. Could of been a bit of a icon but he would rather be a bench warming nobody. Fair enough

5.5/10

Salomon Kalou

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trezeguet, once a superstar and an elite. Now having finished with France and barely making the starting 11 at Juventus, he is travelling down a hill.

6/10

Nani

Poor effort mate. He hasnt finished with France. He's not playing at the moment because a bafoon is coaching the side and he doesn't put up with bafoons... He was what top scorer in serie a last year? Still making starting 11 as well. Not sure how you can that anyway. There has only been one game!

Trezeguet, once a superstar and an elite. Now having finished with France and barely making the starting 11 at Juventus, he is travelling down a hill.

6/10

Nani

I still rate him as one of the better strikers in the world maybe a 7-7.5 has dropped off a bit though. Would have given him 8.5 in his best years.

Trezeuget: 7.8/10. Can't include his international form because of the relationship with the manager but his form with Juve was impressive last season so I still rate him pretty highly. His best is certainly behind him but he still has another year or two at the top.

Nani: 6.4/10. Hasn't forced his way into the side but he is only young. Showed glimpses much the same way as Walcott has. Potentially brilliant but at the moment can't rate him highly cause he is behind others in the pecking order.

If getting 20 goals in a serie A season, and finishing second in the scoring, behind your own team mate is going down hill, then i think lots of players would like to be going down hill.

Heres a new one.

Sergio Aguero.

If getting 20 goals in a serie A season, and finishing second in the scoring, behind your own team mate is going down hill, then i think lots of players would like to be going down hill.

Heres a new one.

Sergio Aguero.

7/10 at the moment. Can almost guarantee he will be at least a 9/10 within two years. And I would give Trezeguet a 7.5 at least. Equal top scorer in the league last year speaks volumes, and its not his fault the coach of the national team is a prick.

Michael Essien

Remove this Banner Ad

*Rate A Player Thread*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back