Rate a Season: Hamish McIntosh

Remove this Banner Ad

Spitz

All Australian
Apr 29, 2007
Arden St.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Interesting to hear other peoples thoughts, think he was pretty stiff to miss AA selection.

Is only 22, so plenty of time, and im sure plenty more AA's.

Had a real breakout year, one of the roo's major success stories.

Started hot, patchy at times but obviously talented.

What was his record like against the better rucks?

Mcintosh vs Opponent:

10 Touches 16 Hitouts | Lade: 3 Touches 18 Hitouts
20 Touches 18 Hitouts 1 Goal | Charman: 12 Touches 26 Hitouts
22 Touches 29 Hitouts 1 Goal | King-Blake: 15 Touches combined.
13 Touches 16 Hitouts | Everitt: 11 Touches 12 Hitouts
23 Touches 20 Hitouts | Cox: 27 Touches 27 Hitouts

Don't know about the other ruckman but Ottens has pwned him the two times they've faced each other this year.

Ottens didnt play in the first game, and pwned is an understatement, McIntosh would be put in jail for the job he did on geelong that day, out tapped, and beat the combined possessions of the two Geelong ruckman that day at skilled :eek:

In the second game, Ottens had 16 possies to Hamish's 14.

Interesting to hear other peoples thoughts, think he was pretty stiff to miss AA selection.

Is only 22, so plenty of time, and im sure plenty more AA's.

Had a real breakout year, one of the roo's major success stories.
Hamish McIntosh was absolutely robbed. I'm absolutely convinced the AA selectors are very disinclined to reward players for breakout seasons. Corey Jones missed out this season as well. So did Lindsay Gilbee and Russell Robertson in 2005. These players were also robbed. The selectors seem to have a mentality that you need to have produced good seasons in the past also and that if you're young you'll get more opportunities in the future. Personally, I think this is disgusting. They are supposed toi be rewarding a player based on his individual merits for the one season and other factors shouldn't be factors at all!

I saw eight games a week this season and I'm absolutely convinced that over the course of the '07 season, McIntosh was far and way the best ruckman in the competition. Yes, he was pantsed by Charman and Cox late in the year (and Ottens in the finals), but over the full season he was clearly the best ruck. Did remarkable things for the Roos and was a major reason for their climb up the ladder.

I thought Brendon Lade was extremely lucky to get in. He was nowhere near as good in '07 as in '06. Had a few outstanding games, but definitely lacked the consistency of McIntosh. And this comes from a Port supporter.

Hamish McIntosh was blatantly robbed.

I thought he might have got a gig on the bench.

His start of the season was awesome. Dropped off a bit though.

Hamish MacIntosh didn't make the AA team for the same reason that Brad Johnson got in ahead of Brett Ebert. Both Ebert and Macintosh had breakout years where they improved immensly, but pound for pound, Johnson and Lade are better footballers and had slightly better years.

Hamish MacIntosh didn't make the AA team for the same reason that Brad Johnson got in ahead of Brett Ebert. Both Ebert and Macintosh had breakout years where they improved immensly, but pound for pound, Johnson and Lade are better footballers and had slightly better years.

9 Geelong players (OK 5-6 of 'em) also had breakout years, but that didn't prevent the selectors from picking them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with your first part, but the last line is not true.

Lade didn't have a better season than McIntosh.

McIntosh influenced more games, averaged 4 more possesions a game and only two less hit outs, has better disposal around the ground, pumped the ball into the forward 50 more and did it all with less experienced back up.

Lade clearly got in on rep and the selectors are wrong.

They are also wrong naming Mooney over Franklin, Corey over Hodge and Fletcher over...take your pick of the other back men in the forty.

It is a joke. I honestly believe I watched more games than most of the selectors. Walls and Bartlett regularly say - "well, didn't see that game"

IT IS YOUR JOB.

Get the tapes. Watch all the games before you go on TV and talk about it. Watch them twice before you make deciswions on your all Australian team. If you do, things like this might actually get close to being an accurate reflection.

I reckon Lade was lucky, but he also shouldered the ruck many times by himself this year.

He was better last year though...

Dont forget hamish shouldered the ruck middle during the 5 games of the season against the likes of Geelong, Brisbane (probably his two best games for the season), then Sydney and Essendon whilst Hale had a torn hamstring.

Agree with your first part, but the last line is not true.

McIntosh influenced more games, averaged 4 more possesions a game and only two less hit outs, has better disposal around the ground, pumped the ball into the forward 50 more and did it all with less experienced back up.

Lade clearly got in on rep and the selectors are wrong.

They are also wrong naming Mooney over Franklin, Corey over Hodge and Fletcher over...take your pick of the other back men in the forty.

It is a joke. I honestly believe I watched more games than most of the selectors. Walls and Bartlett regularly say - "well, didn't see that game"

IT IS YOUR JOB.

Get the tapes. Watch all the games before you go on TV and talk about it. Watch them twice before you make deciswions on your all Australian team. If you do, things like this might actually get close to being an accurate reflection.

Absolutely spot on.

It'd be a shock if Robert Walls even knew of McIntosh or Adcock.

There were four guys who this year could claim to be rucking at a standard required for AA inclusion, McIntosh was one. That he couldn't get in front of guys like Lade and Cox shouldn't be taken that he wasn't deserving of AA inclusion.

A good season overall. A ruckman who can find the footy are worth their weight in gold...ala Cox and White.

Played well when the Roos were hot, but went missing a little during their losses I felt.

How many times did McIntosh tap the ball perfectly to a running midfielder, resulting immediately in a goal? Lade's work with S. Burgoyne is sublime.

I am glad he didn't get it, should give him more motivation over the pre-season if it means anything to him.

on sen the sed that mcintosh wast he first bloke there to the dinner so would have been very excited young fella and i think he will feel it somewhat and will give him more motivation for this week and next year!

Remove this Banner Ad

Rate a Season: Hamish McIntosh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back