Teams Rate my 2014 AFL Fantasy team

Remove this Banner Ad

First draft,

DEFS: Bartel, Hanley, Burgoyne, H. Shaw, Suckling, L. McDonald, M.Fuller, J. Laidler.

MIDS: Gablett, Pendles, Jelwood, Watson, D. Beams, Murphy, J. Martin, C. Beams, J. Polec, X. Ellis.

RUCKS: Grundy, Sandy, Nankervis, Currie.

FWDS: Dangerfield, Kennedy, Franklin, M. Clark, L. Taylor, D. Garlett, F. McInnes, G. Rohan.

Need to cull a defender or mid for a stronger forward line and also find at least one DPP to slot into my midfield.

So far I've got

DEF:
McVeigh, Grimes, Birchall (XXXX)
Suckling, XXXX, XXXX, (XXXX)
MID:
Swan, Cotchin, Beams, Murphy (J. O'Rourke)
Thomas, B. Ellis, XXXX, XXXX (X. Ellis)
RUC:
Kreuzer, McIntosh (Currie, Naismith)
FWD:
Dangerfield, Martin, XXXX (XXXX)
Franklin, Clarke, XXXX (XXXX)

I've got about 2 and a half mill left. So i've probably got room for rookies and maybe one more premium

Which obvious rookies/mature agers/injuries have I missed

So far I've got

DEF:
McVeigh, Grimes, Birchall (XXXX)
Suckling, XXXX, XXXX, (XXXX)
MID:
Swan, Cotchin, Beams, Murphy (J. O'Rourke)
Thomas, B. Ellis, XXXX, XXXX (X. Ellis)
RUC:
Kreuzer, McIntosh (Currie, Naismith)
FWD:
Dangerfield, Martin, XXXX (XXXX)
Franklin, Clarke, XXXX (XXXX)

I've got about 2 and a half mill left. So i've probably got room for rookies and maybe one more premium

Which obvious rookies/mature agers/injuries have I missed
Zorko ;)

Watson >> Murph in my opinion fbi. I just see so much more upside with Jobe. Dunno about either of the ellis' either, Brandon fair enough but I cant see Xavier getting much game time. I would tell you who I've got instead but he seems to have majorly slipped under the radar so I'm keeping that quiet for now :p Solid side otherwise, maybe Sandi in for Hmac now that Clarke is out for the starting rounds.

EDIT: WELL SHIT, WHO CARES ABOUT KEEPING GUYS SECRET AND TRYING TO GET THESE UNIQUES ANYWAY. THERES A WHOLE FUUUUAARRRKKING ROUND FOR EVERYONE TO JUMP ON THOSE GUYS. MAN OH MANNNN

Zorko ;)

Watson >> Murph in my opinion fbi. I just see so much more upside with Jobe. Dunno about either of the ellis' either, Brandon fair enough but I cant see Xavier getting much game time. I would tell you who I've got instead but he seems to have majorly slipped under the radar so I'm keeping that quiet for now :p Solid side otherwise, maybe Sandi in for Hmac now that Clarke is out for the starting rounds.
Not Zorko again! ;) Although he is tempting. . Nooooo I can't do it.

X. Ellis is in there at the moment just hoping that he has a spot somewhere in the side and wasnt just traded to play for peel. wait till the nab cup for rookies.

Murphy is priced at an average of 85 and I CANNOT see him not averaging at least 105 this year, he has had no inuries this pre season (like last year) and until or if he gets an injury this year I think he will shoot out of the blocks and average 110

Brandon is in their because 1. I absolutely love him as a player, but more importantly he is priced at a 71 average due to all his sub/inury affected games last year. Outside of those games he was averaging above 100 easily so he is in there to score 90+ and make money.

With the tighter pricing I think we are all trying to find solid qualit money makers who will not be flashes in the pan.
My goal is to find players who are underpriced and can score at just under uber-premium consistently to the point that they make 40 or 50k.
Obviously others will make 100-200k in less than a month but they will be higher trade priorities so im hoping guys like Ellis, Murphy and Thomas can make money but be consistent enough to keep until the time suits

Not Zorko again! ;) Although he is tempting. . Nooooo I can't do it.

X. Ellis is in there at the moment just hoping that he has a spot somewhere in the side and wasnt just traded to play for peel. wait till the nab cup for rookies.

Murphy is priced at an average of 85 and I CANNOT see him not averaging at least 105 this year, he has had no inuries this pre season (like last year) and until or if he gets an injury this year I think he will shoot out of the blocks and average 110

Brandon is in their because 1. I absolutely love him as a player, but more importantly he is priced at a 71 average due to all his sub/inury affected games last year. Outside of those games he was averaging above 100 easily so he is in there to score 90+ and make money.

With the tighter pricing I think we are all trying to find solid qualit money makers who will not be flashes in the pan.
My goal is to find players who are underpriced and can score at just under uber-premium consistently to the point that they make 40 or 50k.
Obviously others will make 100-200k in less than a month but they will be higher trade priorities so im hoping guys like Ellis, Murphy and Thomas can make money but be consistent enough to keep until the time suits
Fair call, I'm playing the same way. Banking on guys who have been there before, and I can rely on for decent scores. Just have a feeling about Murph, can't bring myself to consider him.

Ellis is a decent pick also I guess, you make a convincing argument :p Predicting big things for Zorko this year, he's been in every team of mine to date haha. Back to the midfield hopefully!

Just don't tell many then! :p Jed Anderson is my pick for my cheapie, played a lot of vests last year, I think that'll change this year with some games in him. Can see a possible 77-85 average there. I'm keeping a keen eye on him!

Fair call, I'm playing the same way. Banking on guys who have been there before, and I can rely on for decent scores. Just have a feeling about Murph, can't bring myself to consider him.

Ellis is a decent pick also I guess, you make a convincing argument :p Predicting big things for Zorko this year, he's been in every team of mine to date haha. Back to the midfield hopefully!

Just don't tell many then! :p Jed Anderson is my pick for my cheapie, played a lot of vests last year, I think that'll change this year with some games in him. Can see a possible 77-85 average there. I'm keeping a keen eye on him!
Jed has resumed training after his illness but he won't be named round one. Optimistically I'd like to hope he'd be able to come back after the bye (seniors). He has lost a lot of weight and in particular looks thin around the arms. It's just a matter of time before Hallahan and Woodward get a game though the chap who has done the most impressing around the club is Hartung.

Jed has resumed training after his illness but he won't be named round one. Optimistically I'd like to hope he'd be able to come back after the bye (seniors). He has lost a lot of weight and in particular looks thin around the arms. It's just a matter of time before Hallahan and Woodward get a game though the chap who has done the most impressing around the club is Hartung.
Oh really? Wow was not aware of that at all aha.. damn

DEF : j.mcveigh, s.mitchell, j bartel, k.simpson, d.swallow, suckling (laidler,tippet)

MID : ablett, watson, cotchin, d.thomas, c.beams, j.martin, d.sheed, d.tyson (ellis,polec)

FWD : l.franklin, p.dangerfield, c.wingard , c.rioli, d.martin, g.rohan (l.taylor,f.mcinnes)

RUC: leuenberger , sandilands (longer,currie)

let me know what you think

DEF: McVeigh, Hanley, Simpson, Swallow, Suckling, McDonald (Fuller, Laidler)
MID: Ablett, Pendlebury, Duncan, D. Beams, Thomas, Cotchin, C.Beams, X.Ellis (Michie, Polec)
RUCK: Kruezer, Sandilands (Longer, Currie)
FOR: Dangerfield, Martin, Franklin, Chapman, Clark, Rohan (Kersten, Fasolo)

+ $27,600

Is it just me or does it seem a lot easier to pick a team this year? My round 1 team this year is so strong compared to last. Have 6 premo mids, including Ablett, Swan and Pendles and did not have to sacrifice other lines for it.

Seems too easy....

B: Suckling, Mitchell, McVeigh, Hodge, L McDonald, K Kolodashnij (Laidler, C Howard)

M: Swan, Pendlebury, Ablett, Beams, Thomas, C Young, M Crouch, J Martin (Polec, Morabito)

R: Sandilands, Leuenberger (Daw, Longer)

F: Cloke, Dangerfield, Wingard, Walker, Bock, D Garlett (Rohan, Fasolo)

$58,500 left.

Thoughts?? How did Walker pull up from the scans the other day?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just my two bobs worth on Garlett. He'd be 100/1 at being named round 1, even with Cyril out. Hartung looks much more likely at this stage, and having said that have to be very impressive in the Nab Cup to deny the 21year olds like Woodward, Hallahan and Langford who have served long VFL apprenticeships.

Early days and I haven't been able to give as much attention to the pre season as I had hoped. Feedback would be much appreciated

BACK: McVeigh - Mitchell - David Swallow - Suckling - Luke McDonald - Fuller (Clurey - Battersby)

MIDFIELD: Pendlebury (C) - Watson (VC) - Thompson - Rich - Savage - D. Thomas - Jack Martin - Michie (Josh Kelly - Xavier Ellis)

RUCKS: McEvoy - Sandilands (Longer - Currie)

FORWARD: Dangerfield - Sylvia - Franklin - Hogan - Lamb - Lennon (Fasolo- Dayle Garlett)

$519,700 left. Can already see cracks in the forward line but

View attachment 41304
Thoughts? Strong all over I think.

I like it, I've got a very similar backline, think your mids may let you down with 3 new guys on the park.
Would be tempted to drop longer for a cheaper ruck, swap fuller for a cheaper rookie back, downgrade Clark to a cheaper forward, and downgrade one of Martin or Tyson and Upgrade the other.

Defenders

L. McDonald, H. Shaw, P. Hanley, M. Suckling, J. Bartel, J. McVeigh
(K. Kolodjashnij, M. Fuller)

Midfielders
D. Swan, G. Ablett, C. Beams, J. Martin, S. Pendlebury, S. Selwood, D. Thomas, J. Polec
(X. Ellis, J. Aish)

Rucks
M. Lobbe, A. Sandilands
(T. Derickx, B. Longer)

Forwards
L. Franklin, S. Menegola, R. Gray, J. Roughead, L. Dahlhaus, A. Fasolo
(R. Nahas, S. Kersten)

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams Rate my 2014 AFL Fantasy team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back