Teams Rate my 2014 AFL Fantasy team

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts?

Somehow need to try get Montagna into my side in Round 2... Not sure how, but I know I need it to happen. Think he's in for a big first few weeks! Maybe W

FvaOTlE.png

or even Franklin > Kennedy
Depending on money gain after R1 - trade a rookie who gains out, (hopefully have enough with $80k+ if franklin > kennedy) if not, pending Abletts score, trade him for Joey

Last edited:
Thoughts?

Somehow need to try get Montagna into my side in Round 2... Not sure how, but I know I need it to happen. Think he's in for a big first few weeks! Maybe W

FvaOTlE.png

or even Franklin > Kennedy
Depending on money gain after R1 - trade a rookie who gains out, (hopefully have enough with $80k+ if franklin > kennedy) if not, pending Abletts score, trade him for Joey
You have a donut on the ground down back.from DT talk..>
FULL LIST:
Kepler Bradley – 2-3 weeks (knee) Zac Clarke- 2-3 weeks (Knee)
Jonathon Griffin- TBC (Knee) Scott Gumbelton- 12 weeks (Hamstring)
Garrick Ibbotson- 2-3 weeks (Achilles) Anthony Morabito- TBC (Knee)
Alex Silvagni- Test (Ankle)

GEELONG

Is there anyone we missed? Let me know in the comments below!

Share:
3c0acdd9a8c5f9608336a9e8a97fdcde

You have a donut on the ground down back.from DT talk..>
FULL LIST:
Kepler Bradley – 2-3 weeks (knee) Zac Clarke- 2-3 weeks (Knee)
Jonathon Griffin- TBC (Knee) Scott Gumbelton- 12 weeks (Hamstring)
Garrick Ibbotson- 2-3 weeks (Achilles) Anthony Morabito- TBC (Knee)
Alex Silvagni- Test (Ankle)

GEELONG

Is there anyone we missed? Let me know in the comments below!

Share:
3c0acdd9a8c5f9608336a9e8a97fdcde

Oh boy. Guess I need to do some rearranging. Any ideas?

There's some risk but I like it Fitzey - 7.5/10

I was thinking about having three hawks in def. also. Are there any reasons to not do this apart from they all have the same bye round?

You could make a case for 4 hawks on the field and one on the bench.

Mitchell, Hodge, Birchall, Suckling and Langford.

But... There are byes to consider.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts on my team? Been stable for the past week.
View attachment 46188
Please give it a rating out of 10 as well please.

8/10

We have virtually an identical structure, although only 11 of the same starting 22, although I'm assuming you're starting Michie, if not it goes down to 10.

I'm not overly enthused in your choices of Wright and Monfries, but that's just a personal choice.

I'd love Enright myself after the way he started the year, but I worry about his age and I'm also not sure about Macrae.

Looks good and you should back yourself.

There's some risk but I like it Fitzey - 7.5/10

I was thinking about having three hawks in def. also. Are there any reasons to not do this apart from they all have the same bye round?
I have all 3 because they are simply having a ripping pre-season. I will slowly roll them out of my team one by 1 before the bye rounds anyway. If Birchall dosn't perform he will be gone. I honestly think you could start with 5 hawthorn defenders and still survive by the bye rounds if you trade them out at the right week. 2 Trades per week gives you that extra bit of confidence to be picking uniques to start with.

8/10

We have virtually an identical structure, although only 11 of the same starting 22, although I'm assuming you're starting Michie, if not it goes down to 10.

I'm not overly enthused in your choices of Wright and Monfries, but that's just a personal choice.

I'd love Enright myself after the way he started the year, but I worry about his age and I'm also not sure about Macrae.

Looks good and you should back yourself.

Thanks for that mate, Reasons behind Monfries and Wright are,

1, Unlimited trades round 1. Worst case scenario they gun round 1 but fail in round 2, Still have the two trades. Best Case, They both turn into keepers.

2, If you don't pick uniques you will most likely finish with the same score as 20k other people.

True on Enright. Seems unique which I like and will give him a go untill he starts getting scores sub 80. And Macrae vs Wines? I like Macrae as he is cheaper but Wines also looks solid.

So just read through what was linked above and came up with this. Pending anyone gets injured or ruled out this is going to be my final I think.

jnk4E9I.png

/10?

6.5/10 Good Uniques without being great.

Bolded are the players I am unsure about.
DEFENDERS: Mitchell, Hanley, Duffield, Suckling, Kolod, Mcdonald / Laidler, Langford

Defenders Rating: 6/10

Firstly, Not a fan of Duffield This year, I think you may need to change him to a Birchall, Enright type. Kolod Injured I think and Laidler and Langford may or may not be picked round 1.

MIDFIELDS: Swan, Ablett, Barlow, Bartel, Cotchin, Beams, Dunston, Michie / Ellis, Polec

Midfielders Rating: 8/10
Why are you picking Bartel in your Midfield...? Think about it, Watson is 20k cheaper and has better scoring potential this year, Thomas is about 170k Cheaper and will score better than Bartel on most occasions. Apart from that good midfield. Watch to see what Ablett scores round 1, He may be worth downgrading to a Watson/Priddis type players.

RUCKMAN: Sandi, Hampson / Currie, Naismith

Ruckman Rating: 7/10
Upgrade Hampson to a Premo or even Grundy. But go with your gut. Keep him if you want, High Risk, High Reward?

FORWARDS: Riewoldt, Martin, Zorko, Pavlich, Reid, Rohan / Kennedy-Harris, Kersten

Forward Rating: 6.5/10
Love the Riewoldt pick but im not sure he is worth top dollar, use him as an upgrade target later in the season, Pav and Reid just not worth it yet I think but go with your gut, If you feel Reid will play Forward with White and Cloke go with him. Rest looks good, Watch to see who gets named for that F8 spot.

Overall good team and good luck, Remember always go with your gut. :)

catsgreatest : I'd say 6.5 out of 10. Lacks balance. Solid defence, Shaw an interesting pick, my main worry would be having Laidler on the field with those bench options. Thurlow at 265k is not an ideal bench option. Good mids, like the Liberatore pick, but Claye Beams was injured in the last NAB challenge/practice game. Rucks are solid, haven't gone for Longer which is interesting, watch Mummy in the first round to see how he goes. Your forward line could possibly have one to many >300k players. I'd ditch one of Franklin/Wright/Chappy/Zorko/Caddy and get in someone cheaper, allowing you to upgrade someone in your back line. Good luck for the season :thumbsu:

This is my round 2 team. what is every ones thoughts? what would you rate this team ?/10
round 2 dream team v 2.jpg
EDIT: I originally had S.Selwood instead of Dal Santo and D.Swallow instead of Bartel. but thought this would be more balanced

6.5/10 Good Uniques without being great.

Bolded are the players I am unsure about.
DEFENDERS: Mitchell, Hanley, Duffield, Suckling, Kolod, Mcdonald / Laidler, Langford

Defenders Rating: 6/10

Firstly, Not a fan of Duffield This year, I think you may need to change him to a Birchall, Enright type. Kolod Injured I think and Laidler and Langford may or may not be picked round 1.

MIDFIELDS: Swan, Ablett, Barlow, Bartel, Cotchin, Beams, Dunston, Michie / Ellis, Polec

Midfielders Rating: 8/10
Why are you picking Bartel in your Midfield...? Think about it, Watson is 20k cheaper and has better scoring potential this year, Thomas is about 170k Cheaper and will score better than Bartel on most occasions. Apart from that good midfield. Watch to see what Ablett scores round 1, He may be worth downgrading to a Watson/Priddis type players.

RUCKMAN: Sandi, Hampson / Currie, Naismith

Ruckman Rating: 7/10
Upgrade Hampson to a Premo or even Grundy. But go with your gut. Keep him if you want, High Risk, High Reward?

FORWARDS: Riewoldt, Martin, Zorko, Pavlich, Reid, Rohan / Kennedy-Harris, Kersten

Forward Rating: 6.5/10
Love the Riewoldt pick but im not sure he is worth top dollar, use him as an upgrade target later in the season, Pav and Reid just not worth it yet I think but go with your gut, If you feel Reid will play Forward with White and Cloke go with him. Rest looks good, Watch to see who gets named for that F8 spot.

Overall good team and good luck, Remember always go with your gut. :)
Thanks man! Do appreciate it. The only reason I chucked Duffield in there was because I'm not too keen on having 3 Hawthorn players, let alone in defence. I think he is one I'll look to change, as for Kolod - think I'll hold out until a few days before when we know more. I don't think I've had a year where Bartel hasn't been in my side at one point - usually at times where he gives me big scores. A huge risk, I'm willing to take!

I think Hampson will be worth the risk. Do expect him to take majority of the ruck load as Maric is out!

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams Rate my 2014 AFL Fantasy team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back