Rate my SuperCoach team 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Captain Chardy, you mids look weak but I guess it's at the expense of making the other lines stronger. One of the dramas might be htat when you want to trade up, you may have to use multiple trades to get the player you want as you may not have enough cash at hand to upgrade a rookie to a top liner.
Once again, I know SFA about this game and my opinions are just that.
Cheers

:thumbsu: ta....

Disagree with the mids being weak but thanks anyway. if anything, fwds & backs are the issue!! lol

Here's my team:

Our teams are not that different, apart from the three rookie mids tactic, which has freed up cash to use around the ground. A huge risk, but I like it. :thumbsu:
Here's my side (again, with a few minor tweaks):
Backs: Enright, H. Shaw, Fisher, Hodge, Kennelly, Ladson, Sheppard (Davis, Webberly)
Mids: Ablett, Gibbs, Vince, Cooney, Trengove, Martin (Morabito, Shuey)
Rucks: Sandilands, Hille (Warnock, Lobbe)
Forwards: Riewoldt, Higgins, Franklin, LeCras, Tippett, Dangerfield, Moore (Dennis-Lane, Tapscott)

All opinions welcome.

Backs: C. Enright, S. Gilbert, L. Hodge, N. Krakouer, T. Kennelly, L. Henderson, A. Raines. EMG: M. Maguire, B. Waters

Mids: J. Selwood, S. Mitchell, B. Vince, J. Sherman, S. Higgins, D. Martin. EMG: J. Trengrove, Lewis Jetta

Rucks: A. Sandilands, D. Hille. EMG: R. Warnock, W. Skipper

Forwards: P. Chapman, N. Riewoldt, J. Roughead, J. Waite, J. Ziebell, G. Rohan, S. Gumbleton. EMG: L. Tapscott, C. Hitchcock.

Gumbleton is a bit of a risk, see how the preseason plays out but shouldnt be a problem trading him for a first year.

Think I got the Balance right, I reckon there is 30 players there that will constantly play throughout the year.

Also, maybe trade Sherman for Masten? Upgrade somewhere on the board, Ruck perhaps, I think Sherman will be a pretty consistent player and can score BIG.
What do you think?

I think Duffield is WAY over priced. plenty others out there that are better value. Henderson is a bit of a mystery bet IMO and probably best avoisded on that basis.

Mids look good. I'd be tempted to slide in one of the saints players for Sewell or somehow get Masten upgraded.

Rucks look very handy but a bit of coin on the bench.

fwds look strong and if Hall fires so will you. On the other hand.....
Thanks for that, im thinking im going to take the risk on Henderson, ill check NAB of course. I downgraded duffield to N.Kraquer. Then upgraded Sewell to Montagna.

You posted your team?

Backs: J Drummond, S Hurn, L Hodge, T Kennelly, A Rance, J Hunt, J Patfull Emergency: M Maguire, J Trengrove (power)

Mids: G Ablett, M Murphy, B Vince, A Cooney, L Ball, T Scully
Emergency: J Trengrove, L Shuey

Rucks: M Kreuzer, N Naitanui
Emergency: R Warnock, B McCauley

Forwards: R Okeefe, L Franklin, D Giansiracusa, D Soloman, P Dangerfield, J Ziebell, C Hitchcock
Emergency: S Gumbleton, L Tapscott

$51 300 left in the kitty

Backs... Seem a bit too pedestrian to me and lack a Goddard, Newman type who is an 100pt a week type.. Drummond is injury prone but i get sick of reading the posts saying that you should just drop players with the reputation.. i mean they can burn you baaaad but they can also lift their game and you will wish you had of stuck with them at the start.. but all are running, half-back types, not bad selections..

Mids... Very strong. A bit of cash in there. Ball as a fifth midfielder at 457k is very nice, but i think the majority of teams will have the two rookie starters, so maybe drop one for one of either Martin or Morabito.. Either way, solid mids.

Rucks... NicNat played a great game last week but at best he is second fiddle to Dean Cox and wont be getting those kind of minutes that he had against the Bombers.. i would be looking at Hille if you dont have much spare cash of maybe use the downgrade of one of those more premium mid-types to get a good 1-2 ruck combo.

Forwards.. Liked Hitchcock, but he is rookie listed and would have to be elevated before he can play (i believe...?). I wouldn't touch Solomon with a 10ft pole. Gia looks to be in good shape after a big pre-season.

:)

My team, after so many hours of useless fiddling...

Backs: Goddard, Hodge, Enright, Krakour, Kennelly, Ladson, Sheppard (Davis, J. Trengove from Pt. Adelaide)

Mids: Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood, Cooney, Martin, Trengove (Shuey, Bastinac)

Rucks: McIntosh, Hille (Lobbe, Bass)

Forwards: Goodes, Riewoldt, Sylvia, Higgins, Ziebell, Burton, W. Thompson (T. Dennis-Lane, L. Tapscott)

Pretty darn happy with the squad but would love some critique-ing :)

My team, after so many hours of useless fiddling...

Backs: Goddard, Hodge, Enright, Krakour, Kennelly, Ladson, Sheppard (Davis, J. Trengove from Pt. Adelaide)

Mids: Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood, Cooney, Martin, Trengove (Shuey, Bastinac)

Rucks: McIntosh, Hille (Lobbe, Bass)

Forwards: Goodes, Riewoldt, Sylvia, Higgins, Ziebell, Burton, W. Thompson (T. Dennis-Lane, L. Tapscott)

Pretty darn happy with the squad but would love some critique-ing :)

fiddling??? is that what you call it?? ;)

I like that backline. A LOT.... :thumbsu:

Mids are good too. I went Vince instead of Cooney but might reconsider.... Seems like he might bounce back this year. i'm still wangling with my 5th mid.... Going to try for Burgoyne in there. We'll see. But your rookies seem about standard.

Good rucks. I think everyone forgets how good Hille was looking before he did his knee.

seeing a lot of teams with Sylvia but I'm still sceptical. melbourne are still a shit team and will struggle to get off the bottom of the ladder despit their recruits last year. Losing teams = low score IMO. Also, I think Goodes is an upgrade option later, not a starter as he'll almost certainly drop in value.

Onto my team.

DEF: Goddard, Enright, Hodge, Gilbert, Kennelly, Hunt, Sheppard
RES: Maguire, Davis

MID: Ablett, Selwood, Gibbs, Vince, Trengove, Martin
RES: Lucas, Bastinac

RUCK: Hille, Tippett
RES: Warnock, Jackson Trengove

FWD: Riewoldt, Pavlich, Harvey, Burton, Dangerfield, Dennis-Lane, Gumbleton (if he is alright)
RES: Franklin (you guys should know why), Tapscott

Now, I cannot see what is not to like of this team. But comments are awesome.

Thanks in advance guys.

Re: Rate my SuperCoach team

Backs
Goddard
Hodge
Fisher
Mackie
Waite
Maguire
Rivers

EMG: Sheperd, Davis

Mids

Ablett
Gibbs
Cooney
S. Burgoyne
Black
Bennell
EMG:Shuey, Bastinac

Rucks

Charman, Sandilands

EMG: Lobbe, Trengrove

Forwards

N.Riewoldt
Pavlich
Franklin
Murphy
Hansen
Burton
Watts

EMG: Tarrant, Tapscott

This is my team currently been tweaking it a bit, thoughts and criticism appreciated.

Backs : Very solid backs but be aware of Waite and Maguire, is waite over his injury and will maguire be in the lions best 22? and also downgrade rivers to levi greenwood which will give you about 100k leftover for your ruck division and forward line. 7/10 :D

Middle: Got some heavy hitters with GAJ and Gibbs but once agian be aware, is s. burgoyne over his injuries like waite? Risky but if it works your getting huge value as both will surely av about 100sc ,and ditch bennell for d.martin or j.trengove which both will play in a crappy team early and av about the same as bennell, that will leave u with 75-80k. Total 180k (should be your accountant lol) 8.5/10

Rucks: Disgusting, Sandilands good choice but get rid of Charman asap , upgrade to a tippett(Close to being an out and out superstar) or b ottens, with you new found cash:) and dont put 2 reserves that both play for the same team, get on w .skipper and he will surely get game time at hawthorn as they picked him as a mature age recruit and there ruckmen get injured quicker than p.chapman. 4/10

Forward: Good is the word, one of these 3 will have to go burton, watts or hansen(keep him , i rekon he'll hava breakout year) and tinker with it as now you have some cash to spend. 7/10 :)

Hope i helped!:)

Now for my team..

Backs: C.Newman, L.Hodge, C.Enright, N.Krakouer, T.Kenelly, J.Hunt,
R.Ladson
emg (D.Grimes, J.Carlisle)

Middle: J.Selwood, J.Bartel, S.Mitchell, NDS, D.Martin,
J.Trengove
emg ( L.Shuey, S.Blease)

Rucks: K. Tippett, Nic Nat
emg (J.Trengove, W.Skipper)

Forward: N.Riewoldt, M.Pavlich, ROK, L.Franklin, R.Murphy,
P. Dangerfield, W.Thompson
emg (P.Davis, L.Tapscott)
3k leftover

Feedback and your thoughts much appreciated :thumbsu:

Backs : Very solid backs but be aware of Waite and Maguire, is waite over his injury and will maguire be in the lions best 22? and also downgrade rivers to levi greenwood which will give you about 100k leftover for your ruck division and forward line. 7/10 :D

Middle: Got some heavy hitters with GAJ and Gibbs but once agian be aware, is s. burgoyne over his injuries like waite? Risky but if it works your getting huge value as both will surely av about 100sc ,and ditch bennell for d.martin or j.trengove which both will play in a crappy team early and av about the same as bennell, that will leave u with 75-80k. Total 180k (should be your accountant lol) 8.5/10

Rucks: Disgusting, Sandilands good choice but get rid of Charman asap , upgrade to a tippett(Close to being an out and out superstar) or b ottens, with you new found cash:) and dont put 2 reserves that both play for the same team, get on w .skipper and he will surely get game time at hawthorn as they picked him as a mature age recruit and there ruckmen get injured quicker than p.chapman. 4/10

Forward: Good is the word, one of these 3 will have to go burton, watts or hansen(keep him , i rekon he'll hava breakout year) and tinker with it as now you have some cash to spend. 7/10 :)

Now for my team..

Backs: C.Newman, L.Hodge, C.Enright, L.Gilbee, T.Kenelly, J.Hunt,
M. Maguire

Middle: J.Selwood, J.Bartel, S.Mitchell, A.Cooney, D.Kerr,
J.Trengove
emg ( L.Shuey, S.Blease)

Rucks: K. Tippett, B.Ottens

Forward: N.Riewoldt, M.Pavlich, B.Harvey, L.Franklin, R.Murphy,
P. Dangerfield, J. Watts

Overall good. Backline is alright, good scorers, Gilbee pissed me off last year, but personal reasons and such probably came into it and such.

Mids are good. You are looking for a lot of your players to improve, I assume. I have seen Kerr on some teams, hoping for your sake he can have a good year. Cooney should improve, everything else looks good. Surprised not to see Ablett though, he is everywhere (for good reason I guess)

Forwards pretty similar to mine, so good in my books. Watts should get more gametime this year, and should be a good pick. Everything seems good.

Tippett is a must-have on any team (In my humble opinion). I am not sure about Ottens, but playing on one of the best teams in the league is surely a good thing, and his average is sure to soar. I am a little worried about injuries, but he should be fine.

Overall quite good.

Onto my team.

RES: Shuey, Bastinac

FWD: Riewoldt, Pavlich, Harvey, Burton, Dangerfield, Dennis-Lane, Gumbleton (if he is alright)

Now, I cannot see what is not to like of this team. But comments are awesome. About 25K to spare

Thanks in advance guys.

Onto my team.

RES: Lucas, Bastinac

Now, I cannot see what is not to like of this team. But comments are awesome.

Thanks in advance guys.

I like the team. I wouldn't have Pav, Harvey and Burton but hey, it's your team. Do whatever blows back your hair....

Now for my team..

Backs: C.Newman, L.Hodge, C.Enright, L.Gilbee, T.Kenelly, J.Hunt,
M. Maguire
solid backline, i would go with ladson instead of Hunt..
Middle: J.Selwood, J.Bartel, S.Mitchell, A.Cooney, D.Kerr,
J.Trengove
emg ( L.Shuey, S.Blease)
Very nice mids although, maybe downgrade Kerr to mora or martin and then upgrade elsewhere..
Rucks: K. Tippett, B.Ottens
Not sure about how ottens will hold up, kreuzer isnt much more?
Forward: N.Riewoldt, M.Pavlich, B.Harvey, L.Franklin, R.Murphy,
P. Dangerfield, J. Watts
solid forwards, very similar to mine but im not sure about how well murphy will score or about his durability, but could be worth the risk.
My thoughts in bold.

My side,
DEF: H.Shaw, Fisher, Hodge, Cornes, Kennelly, Ladson, P.Davis. Trengove, Webberley
MID: Ablett, Okeefe, Cooney, Salopek/Boak, Trengove, Martin. Morabito, Shuey.
Ruck: Sandilands, Tippett. Warnock, Lobbe.
FWD: Riewoldt, Pavlich, Harvey, Franklin, Dangerfield, Medhurst, Dennis-Lane. Gumbleton, Tapscott.

Unsure with the ones in bold, but medhurst looks good value after a full preseason and would look to turn him into a premium at around round 5-6.. 7th forward is giving me grief, as is the 7th back. If salopek returns to his 08 form he could be a good get. thoughts would be appreciated..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had another crack......

Really like this team now.......

Backs:
Enright, Hargrave, Hodge, Everitt, Gram, Hunt, Shepheard (WCE)
Trengove (port), Davis (Adel)

Mids:
Ablett, Vince, Selwood, Pendlebury, Burgoyne, Martin
Shuey, Morabito

Rucks:
Hille, Sandilands
Lobbe, Warnock

Fwds:
Riewoldt, Tippet, ROK, Franklin, Medhurst, Wonna, Playfair.
Dennis-Lane, Tapscott

The starting rookie in each position is up for discussion but pretty settled on the rest now.... Maybe Medhurst for Dangerfield or Hargrave for another... maybe..... Just start the season already!!! :D

My thoughts in bold.

My side,
DEF: H.Shaw, Fisher, Hodge, Cornes, Kennelly, Ladson, P.Davis. Trengove, Webberley
FWD: Riewoldt, Pavlich, Harvey, Franklin, Dangerfield, Medhurst, Dennis-Lane. Gumbleton, Tapscott.

Unsure with the ones in bold, but medhurst looks good value after a full preseason and would look to turn him into a premium at around round 5-6.. 7th forward is giving me grief, as is the 7th back. If salopek returns to his 08 form he could be a good get. thoughts would be appreciated..

Good review of the previous... :thumbsu:

your team.....

backs: Cornes is interesting. seems to have gone out of favour with SCers but he is a proven point scorer. Nice backs combination

Good mids. Boak is a name I keep seeing but not that familiar with him. Seems like a good choice though.

Nice rucks. Lot of money there though.

Fwds look great. having the same dillemma with medhurst myself. let me know if you solve it.. ;) TDL is an almost certain starter and has huge wraps on him from everyone in the West. can't wait to see him run out in the mighty red & white!!

My thoughts in bold.

My side,

Thanks for the feedback mate, whoever came first in sc last yr is surely a genius and with good reason 2 so many options and risks lol.
Yeh "THE CHAD" is an interesting one , coz we all know when fully fit and waxing with his other brother will surely av 110 but all of that has to fall into place.

Go for Boak, like him alot and looked great in the nab cup game, or you could downgrade cornes to krakouer as he will def become the quarterback/c.newman type player now that p.burgoyne is gone, i predict his avg will b about 90sc this yr due to his high quailty disposal and upgrade medhurst or boak/salopek or dennis lane with 100k left over, other than that very solid team

CaptainChardonnay, my only issue with your side is having both Wonna and Playfair starting. But, as it's been said so many times before, SC is a game of risks, and you've defended these selections before (I'm pretty sure), so you should stick to your guns, because you'll more than likely be made to regret it if you don't.

Backs: Enright, H. Shaw, Fisher, Hodge, Kennelly, Ladson, Sheppard (Davis, Webberly)

Forwards: Riewoldt, Higgins, Franklin, LeCras, Tippett, Dangerfield, Moore (Dennis-Lane, Tapscott)

All opinions welcome.

I seem to have a knack for posting at the bottom of a page...

Can I get some help:

Goddard
Newman
Gilbee
Waite
Kennely
Suban
Maguire
--------
A.Smith
P.Davis

G.Ablett
Montagna
Watson
Masten
Ladson
Trengove
---------
Martin
Shuey

Sandilands
Charman
---------
Skipper
Roughead

Goodes
Riewoldt
Higgins
Giansiracusa
Rioli
Burton
Watts
---------
Dennis-Lane
Podsiadly

thanks guys

okay this is teamv2 which i like alot,

Backs: C.Newman, L.Hodge, S.Fisher, C.Enright, T.Kenelly, R.Ladson, B.Sheppard, solid is the word for my backs.

Middle: NDS, J.Selwood, J.Bartel, S.Mitchell, D.Martin, J.Trengove
emg (S.Blease, R.Bastinac), 4 heavy hitters and 2 cash cows i like.:)

Rucks: Tippett, Nic nat
emg(W.skipper, J.Trengove) Both nic nat and Tippett could both simoultanelsy explode and take the sc world by storm lol :thumbsu:

Forward: N. Riewoldt, ROK, L. Franklin, Pavlich, R.Murphy, P.Dangerfield,
W.Thompson
emg (L.Tapscott, D.Stewart (watch this bloke got great hands) Pretty settled forward line:)

Feedback and your thoughts much appreciated. :D

Had another crack......

Really like this team now.......

Backs:
Enright, Hargrave, Hodge, Everitt, Gram, Hunt, Shepheard (WCE)
Trengove (port), Davis (Adel)

Mids:
Ablett, Vince, Selwood, Pendlebury, Burgoyne, Martin
Shuey, Morabito

Rucks:
Hille, Sandilands
Lobbe, Warnock

Fwds:
Riewoldt, Tippet, ROK, Franklin, Medhurst, Wonna, Playfair.
Dennis-Lane, Tapscott

The starting rookie in each position is up for discussion but pretty settled on the rest now.... Maybe Medhurst for Dangerfield or Hargrave for another... maybe..... Just start the season already!!! :D

It's a good team, My issue is not enough midfielder types in the forward line. There are lots of key forwards in there who don't get a heap of the ball, and whilst they can score 150, they can also score 50.

Anyway, I have two teams. Here are mine:

TEAM 1

Defenders
1. Goddard, BPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$613,600

2. Hodge, LPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$485,600

3. Hayden, RPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$314,700

4. Ladson, RPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$249,300

5. Jones, BPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$236,100

6. Gillies, TPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$193,900

7. Waters, BPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$151,100

23. Sheppard, BPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$149,200

24. Maguire, MPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$114,000

Midfield
8. Murphy, MPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$599,500

9. Pendlebury, SPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$595,200

10. Boyd, MPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$552,600

11. Watson, JPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$541,000

12. Prismall, BPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$465,200

13. Cotchin, TPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$328,800

25. Trengove, JPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$174,200

26. Jetta, LPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$114,200

Rucks
14. Hille, DPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$311,300

15. Seaby, MPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$287,900

27. Charman, JPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$159,300

28. Lobbe, MPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$100,200

Forwards
16. Chapman, PPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$609,900

17. Pavlich, MPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$528,900

18. Harvey, BPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$499,300

19. Sylvia, CPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$480,800

20. Tippett, KPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$425,900

21. Dangerfield, PPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$332,700

22. Wonaeamirri, APts: 0 Avg: N/A
$177,900

29. Gumbleton, SPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$100,200

30. Podsiadly, JPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$83,400

I've loaded up on a massive starting midfield and gone with a lot of point scoring "midfield" forwards.

and Team 2

Defenders
1. Goodwin, SPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$554,400

2. Hodge, LPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$485,600

3. Carrazzo, APts: 0 Avg: N/A
$452,600

4. Kennelly, TPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$320,700

5. Hunt, JPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$252,300

6. Ladson, RPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$249,300

7. Waters, BPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$151,100

23. Sheppard, BPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$149,200

24. Maguire, MPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$114,000

midfield
8. Ablett, GPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$744,200

9. Cooney, APts: 0 Avg: N/A
$484,100

10. Burgoyne, SPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$386,100

11. Palmer, RPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$307,600

12. Trengove, JPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$174,200

13. Martin, DPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$169,200

25. Morabito, APts: 0 Avg: N/A
$164,200

26. Jetta, LPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$114,200

rucks
14. Kreuzer, MPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$421,100

15. Hille, DPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$311,300

27. Charman, JPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$159,300

28. Lobbe, MPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$100,200

Forwards
16. Goodes, APts: 0 Avg: N/A
$607,200

17. Riewoldt, NPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$600,500

18. Didak, APts: 0 Avg: N/A
$558,600

19. Harvey, BPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$499,300

20. Franklin, LPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$466,700

21. Tippett, KPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$425,900

22. Murphy, RPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$353,800

29. Gumbleton, SPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$100,200

30. Tapscott, LPts: 0 Avg: N/A
$94,200

CaptainChardonnay, my only issue with your side is having both Wonna and Playfair starting. But, as it's been said so many times before, SC is a game of risks, and you've defended these selections before (I'm pretty sure), so you should stick to your guns, because you'll more than likely be made to regret it if you don't.

I seem to have a knack for posting at the bottom of a page...

Wonna and Playfair are my big plays.... I just reckon they're going to be, at the very worst, spectacular cash cows. At the very best, Wonna could be a keeper. Provided both play, I'll probably be sticking with them....

Originally Posted by s1bbald

All opinions welcome.

Excellent ruck division.... :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::D:D:D

Like the backs a lot, Mids are good (But I just went from Vince to Cooney so I could get Burgoyne in). Maybe Swan or Pendles???

Fwds are good but probably short one premium IMO.

I take it you consider only Roo and Buddy to be premiums? What's your opinion on Higgins and LeCras? Obviously you rate Tippett, as you have him also.

def: goddard, fisher, hodge, waite, kennelly, suban, ladson
mid:ablett, selwood, cross, burgoyne, trengrove, martin
rck: sandilands, tippett
fwd: riewoldt, brown, franklin, murphy, burton warren rockliff

bench: maguire, trengrove(port)
morabito, cunnington
warnock, roughead
posiadley, denis-lane

not too sure on this team. advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.