Rate my SuperCoach team 2012 (Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
umm my team hasn't been rated??

Well i suppose the worry would be the consistency of those players you are worrying about.

Ballantyne lookslke he might sneak in midfield. Fitness maybe a query. Probably find him down fwd soon into the proper season.

J.Riewolt...all depends on how the tiges go i reakon. They will be stronger than last, needs to kick his 80 goals to be worth the spot

Not a bad team though

plz tell me what u think?

B: Scotland Shaw Birchal Smedts Broughton Clarke Tomilson
(Brown, Wilkes)

M: Ablett Murphy Selwood Jack Coniglio Macdonald
(Mitchell, Magner)

R: Jacobs Kreauzer (Giles, Stephenson)

F Franklin Goodes Fyffe Martin Reid Patton Saad (Trelore, Rowe)

Will Jack be a consistent 100+ scorer this year?

Rucks are a risk. Kreazer back from injury and Jacobs has not proven himself. IMO
Backs look fairly solid with 4 high scorers in there...

good job

Backs; Goddard, Deliedio, Shaw, Scotland, Clarke, Ellis, Mohr (Morris, Blee)

Mids; Pendles, Ablett, Murphy, Selwood, Docherty, Miles (Pfeiffer, Magner)

Rucks Kruezer, McKintosh (Giles, Stephsen)

Forwards Frankiln, Fyfe, Goodes, S. Johnson, D.Smith, Saad, Zorko (Smedts, J.Cameron)

Sorry for judging and running without any constructive comment...

For me, I have been burnt with grimes and with a pre-season injury, I'm very wary. If he stays healthy, the extra responsibility in leadership might make him a pod, but together with another relative mid-pricer, seems a little risky strategy IMO.

As for forwards, Petrie and Clark a bit iffy for me. I lapped up Petrie last year, but think he might be a bit overpriced at this point. I just think there's a bit better options out there.

For recommendations on inclusions, it probably depends on how much cash on hand you have???
I didnt have any cash left, but today i did change my team around and it now looks like this
BACKS: Goddard, Scotland, broughton, Shaw, hargrave, tomlinson, Ellis, (Bugg, Smedts)
MIDS: Ablett, Boyd, Fyfe, Delidio, Hoskin Elliot, kavanagh, (Yeo, Mitchell)
RUCKS: Kreuzer, Mcintosh (giles, Stephenson)
FORWARDS: Pavlich, Martin, Petrie, Zaharakhis, Dangerfield, D Smith, Walsh, (Kerridge, A Hall)

I did get rid of Grimes for Broughton, Wingard for Yeo, Nat for Kreuzer, and got rid of chapman and clark for dangerfield and zaharakhis.

I didnt have any cash left, but today i did change my team around and it now looks like this
BACKS: Goddard, Scotland, broughton, Shaw, hargrave, tomlinson, Ellis, (Bugg, Smedts)
MIDS: Ablett, Boyd, Fyfe, Delidio, Hoskin Elliot, kavanagh, (Yeo, Mitchell)
RUCKS: Kreuzer, Mcintosh (giles, Stephenson)
FORWARDS: Pavlich, Martin, Petrie, Zaharakhis, Dangerfield, D Smith, Walsh, (Kerridge, A Hall)

I did get rid of Grimes for Broughton, Wingard for Yeo, Nat for Kreuzer, and got rid of chapman and clark for dangerfield and zaharakhis.

I actually like that team. Fairly similar to mine but with a few minor changes.

Backs: Very strong. I am still not sold on Goddard for that price this year but he is a gun so hoping he fires immediately.
Mids: Interesting you have Fyfe & Lids in mids. Yes for MPP its good. I toyed with the idea aswell but people were telling me it was a waste having them in the mids.
Rucks: Solid but risk with both when Goldstein and Warnock respectively return. Who knows but they are improvers.
Fwds: Okay but not sold on Petrie. He was at a good price last year but this year. Maybe swap Hoskin-elliott for Magner (providing he gets promoted off rookie list - which he should) and upgrade Petrie to Goodes.

Here's mine: Currently looking at the 1 premium/3 rookie ruck option

B: Scotland, Shaw, Birchall, Shaw, Hargrave, Ellis, Darley (Smedts, Bug)
M: Ablett, Swan, Murphy, Selwood, Magner, Stevens (Clifton, Golds)
R: Leuy, Giles (Redden Stevenson)
F: Franklin, Martin, Zaharakis, Fyfe, Dangerfield, D.Smith, Hampton (Cameron, kerridge)

Comments or suggestions will be appreciated

I actually like that team. Fairly similar to mine but with a few minor changes.

Backs: Very strong. I am still not sold on Goddard for that price this year but he is a gun so hoping he fires immediately.
Mids: Interesting you have Fyfe & Lids in mids. Yes for MPP its good. I toyed with the idea aswell but people were telling me it was a waste having them in the mids.
Rucks: Solid but risk with both when Goldstein and Warnock respectively return. Who knows but they are improvers.
Fwds: Okay but not sold on Petrie. He was at a good price last year but this year. Maybe swap Hoskin-elliott for Magner (providing he gets promoted off rookie list - which he should) and upgrade Petrie to Goodes.

Here's mine: Currently looking at the 1 premium/3 rookie ruck option

B: Scotland, Shaw, Birchall, Shaw, Hargrave, Ellis, Darley (Smedts, Bug)
M: Ablett, Swan, Murphy, Selwood, Magner, Stevens (Clifton, Golds)
R: Leuy, Giles (Redden Stevenson)
F: Franklin, Martin, Zaharakis, Fyfe, Dangerfield, D.Smith, Hampton (Cameron, kerridge)

Comments or suggestions will be appreciated

Looks pretty good, Hargrave will be an interesting one however, he looks ok atm. Good rookie mids. Rucks are risky but i hope it pays off for you and forwards look ok, Dangerfield the obvious risk but i also have him. Plenty of GWS players obviously going to hopefully upgrade before the byes. It is similar in a way to my team, off which i would like some feedback. I taken a risk with players that i think will rise in value as opposed to the high priced premiums.

Shaw, Fisher, Birchall, Carrazzo, Adcock, Spurr, Webberly, (Darley, Brennan)

Boyd, Priddis, Swallow, Isacc Smith, Neale, Magner, (Gibson, Cunningham)

McEvoy, Jacobs, (Giles, Reddan)

Fyfe, Martin, Zaharakis, Sidebottom, Dangerfield, Smith, Pfiffer, (Smedts, Hall)

critism please

Roughly like it without going through all the names. Some names I probably don't like are Kerr (just not worth the $, too up and down etc), Kreuzer (very good player but poor scorer relative to true ruck premiums like Sandi/Cox/Mumford etc), Hepps (too expensive - someone like Suckers from the Hawks might be better around the same price - Suckling gets a lot of free points from playing on after kicking out), Dangerfield (may be proven wrong here and he might have a breakout season under a new coach -but when they put him in the midfield last year he didn't offer enough and thus they put him up forward where he scored poorly relative to his talent). Don't know all of the rookie names but of those ones I know I like - Saad for example - the rest of it :thumbsu:

Thanks for the advice. Made a few changes just before..

My edited side:
Def: Goddard Scotland Shaw Suckling Hargrave Webberley Smedts
Wilkes Darley
Mid: Pendlebury Ablett Murphy Selwood D.Smith Ledger
Wingard L.Brown
Ruc: Cox H.Mac
Giles Stephensen
For: Franklin Fyfe NRoo Dangerfield Saad Treloar Kerridge
Hampton Couch

Looks pretty good, Hargrave will be an interesting one however, he looks ok atm. Good rookie mids. Rucks are risky but i hope it pays off for you and forwards look ok, Dangerfield the obvious risk but i also have him. Plenty of GWS players obviously going to hopefully upgrade before the byes. It is similar in a way to my team, off which i would like some feedback. I taken a risk with players that i think will rise in value as opposed to the high priced premiums.

Shaw, Fisher, Birchall, Carrazzo, Adcock, Spurr, Webberly, (Darley, Brennan)

Boyd, Priddis, Swallow, Isacc Smith, Neale, Magner, (Gibson, Cunningham)

McEvoy, Jacobs, (Giles, Reddan)

Fyfe, Martin, Zaharakis, Sidebottom, Dangerfield, Smith, Pfiffer, (Smedts, Hall)

critism please

Changed all bolded players. Premium mids are good but lacks and ablett pendles swan murphy selwood. better options than jacobs also.

My team

Backs: Goddard Deledio Shaw Broughton lake clarke morris (bugg lockyer)

Mids: Ablett Swan Murphy Selwood Coniglio Stevens ( Shiel Magner)

Rucks: Mumford Giles (Redden Stephenson)

Fwds: Franklin Fyfe Martin Zaharakis Porplyzia Saad Smedts (treloar hall)

My team

Backs: Goddard Deledio Shaw Broughton lake clarke morris (bugg lockyer)

Mids: Ablett Swan Murphy Selwood Coniglio Stevens ( Shiel Magner)

Rucks: Mumford Giles (Redden Stephenson)

Fwds: Franklin Fyfe Martin Zaharakis Porplyzia Saad Smedts (treloar hall)
nice team mate, im just not keen on the 1 - 3 rooks in the ruck appart from that i like it, similiar to mine... strong backs mmm forwards not quite as strong but still good....heres mine

Backs: Goddard Scotland Shaw broughton hargrave guthrie ellis (smedts darley)

Mids: Ablett Goodes Shuey Coniglio McDonald (neale magner)

Rucks: leuenberger McIntosh(Redden Giles)

Fwds: Franklin Fyfe Chapman Dangerfield Porplyzia Saad Couch (weedon Hall)

nice team mate, im just not keen on the 1 - 3 rooks in the ruck appart from that i like it, similiar to mine... strong backs mmm forwards not quite as strong but still good....heres mine

Backs: Goddard Scotland Shaw broughton hargrave guthrie ellis (smedts darley)

Mids: Ablett Goodes Shuey Coniglio McDonald (neale magner)

Rucks: leuenberger McIntosh(Redden Giles)

Fwds: Franklin Fyfe Chapman Dangerfield Porplyzia Saad Couch (weedon Hall)

Like you defence. Pretty similar to mine.
Your midfield lacks that 110avg per week, and your one short as well!
Your ruck combo is a bit risky (as In going bergs nd h.mac) I think you need that power ruckman that can average 100-110 per week!
Your forward line seems good, only thing I would change there would be chapman.. Overall 7/10

Like you defence. Pretty similar to mine.
Your midfield lacks that 110avg per week, and your one short as well!
Your ruck combo is a bit risky (as In going bergs nd h.mac) I think you need that power ruckman that can average 100-110 per week!
Your forward line seems good, only thing I would change there would be chapman.. Overall 7/10

cheers man sorry i missed out selwood heres my actual midfield: Ablett Selwood Hodge Shuey Coniglio McDonald (magner neale) i switched goodes into the forward line and traded chapman for hodge ..oh yeah and the rucks i was just having a look at leuenberger im def gunna go for Mumford! better?? ill see how h. mac goes in nab or might grab kreuzer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cheers man sorry i missed out selwood heres my actual midfield: Ablett Selwood Hodge Shuey Coniglio McDonald (magner neale) i switched goodes into the forward line and traded chapman for hodge ..oh yeah and the rucks i was just having a look at leuenberger im def gunna go for Mumford! better?? ill see how h. mac goes in nab or might grab kreuzer

If I was in your situation, I'd change hodge to pavlich or lids, so that case you can sub them with a def/forward if needed (if any injuries pop up, or with bye weeks).

If I was in your situation, I'd change hodge to pavlich or lids, so that case you can sub them with a def/forward if needed (if any injuries pop up, or with bye weeks).
yeh man i had pav but ive been changing my team like crazy...he just doesnt average as much as hodge...cheers for that but!!!

Gee, Thrown together a team......Why didn't you just hit Auto Team :confused:

Alot of work to be done here and I'll make comment above, but man.....You gotta get your priorities right for 2012!

Brilliant, honest feedback...thank you very much!:thumbsu::thumbsu:

After changes due to feedback and further research here is my team

Goddard, Birchall, Broughton,Lake,Hargrave, Clark, Ellis, Mohr, Smedts

Ablett, Priddis, Bartel, Cotchin, Melksham, Smith (d), Magner , Zorko

Sandilands, Maric, Stephenson, Giles

Franklin, Pavlich, Martin, Sidebottom, Rohan, Porplyzia Pfeiffer, Saad, Trelor

(Rookies obviously subject to round 1 selection)

Would love any constructive criticism.

Cheers

Wouldn't mind some criticism or feedback, just thought I'd share to see what others think..

DEF: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Broughton, Lake, Smedts, Bugg (Darley, Morris)

MIDS: Ablett, Murphy, Selwood, Coniglio, Wingard, Magner (Neale, Zorko)

RUCKS: Cox, McIntosh (Stephenson, Rowe)

FORWARDS: Franklin, Goodes, Chapman, Martin, Sidebottom, D.Smith, Saad (Hall, Weedon)

Wouldn't mind some criticism or feedback, just thought I'd share to see what others think..

DEF: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Broughton, Lake, Smedts, Bugg (Darley, Morris)

MIDS: Ablett, Murphy, Selwood, Coniglio, Wingard, Magner (Neale, Zorko)

RUCKS: Cox, McIntosh (Stephenson, Rowe)

FORWARDS: Franklin, Goodes, Chapman, Martin, Sidebottom, D.Smith, Saad (Hall, Weedon)

Word out of Port is that Wingard, for all his talent, does not have the required fitness to play AFL this season. If he does play it will probably be later in the season and as a sub - obviously we'll know more after the preseason is over. The Weedon pick I like given his NAB Cup form and the tragic Le Cras injury but again it seems it will be a stretch for him to get game time apparently - best off asking the West Coast forum what they think. The Neale pick is a good one I think and I think he'll get game time from rd 1 given his form, though expect he'll also face subbing at some stages. The rest is pretty good - good luck for the Supercoach season.

After changes due to feedback and further research here is my team

Goddard, Birchall, Broughton,Lake,Hargrave, Clark, Ellis, Mohr, Smedts

Ablett, Priddis, Bartel, Cotchin, Melksham, Smith (d), Magner , Zorko

Sandilands, Maric, Stephenson, Giles

Franklin, Pavlich, Martin, Sidebottom, Rohan, Porplyzia Pfeiffer, Saad, Trelor

(Rookies obviously subject to round 1 selection)

Would love any constructive criticism.

Cheers

Like the Sandi pick as he's capable of huge scores - obviously had his season ruined last year by injury - you can make him skipper for parts of the season and be happy with the return if he stays fit. Have not really seen that midfield approach you've taken there - do you have an upgrade plan in place? I don't think there is a doubt the true premiums in the midfield will drop in price at some stage in the season - so maybe you are onto something there. Cotch could be set for a breakout season so could be an inspired selection. Prids, Bartel, Melkshake are not true midfield premuims so you might be dropping points early to the rest - but if you plan to upgrade early (shedding picks in the process) it might leave you with cash in the bank later on.

It's going to be tough this year because we wont know the composition of all but two teams going into the first round - so picking rookies outside of GWS is going to be a lottery. I think those with inside information at clubs will have about 3 steps ahead of the rest of us - whereas previous season they were only 2 steps ahead. :D

Word out of Port is that Wingard, for all his talent, does not have the required fitness to play AFL this season. If he does play it will probably be later in the season and as a sub - obviously we'll know more after the preseason is over. The Weedon pick I like given his NAB Cup form and the tragic Le Cras injury but again it seems it will be a stretch for him to get game time apparently - best off asking the West Coast forum what they think. The Neale pick is a good one I think and I think he'll get game time from rd 1 given his form, though expect he'll also face subbing at some stages. The rest is pretty good - good luck for the Supercoach season.

Alright thanks for that might get onto it! any other suggestions as who may be better rookie options?

[/B]
Alright thanks for that might get onto it! any other suggestions as who may be better rookie options?

Assuming they get picked, here are some..

S.Reid, A.Treloar (FWD), L.Brown, T.Couch, T.Ledger, S.Gibson, S.Kerridge, J.McDonald.. The list goes on..

Defenders:
B.Goddard, B.Deledio, H.shaw, B.Lake, B.Stratton, B.Ellis, T.Bugg (S.Darley, D.Wilkes)
Midfielders
G.Ablett, M.Murphy, S.Mitchell, M.Boyd, L.Hayes, S.Reid (J.McDonald, J.Magner)
Rucks
D.Cox, J.Giles (O.Stephensen, S.McNamara)
Fowards
L.Franklin, A.Goodes, N.Fyfe, M.Pavlich, D.Smith, R.Cooyou, G.Weedon (D.Zorko, Z.Skinner)

Please give me some feedback/advice on the team and where it can be improved thanks.

The rookie options do appear thinnish on the ground apart from GWS but the midfield is more stocked than most - as I said above a bit difficult as with the break inbetween the 1st round so we won't know for sure what teams will definitely start with what rookies going into that first round. If I had a preference I would pick rookies from established clubs but that appears difficult at this stage. Everyone will be looking very closely at those final preseason games to see what direction the clubs are going in in terms of their best 22 players.

Had a bit of a go at tweaking my side as I sat in a meeting today...I think i hid it pretty well from the boss...wonder if i have improved much?

Defenders
1. GODDARD, Brendon [MID]
2. SHAW, Heath
3. BROUGHTON, Greg
4. SUCKLING, Matt
5. ELLIS, Brandon
6. SPURR, Lee
7. DARLEY, Sam
8. SMEDTS, Billie [FWD]
9. BUGG, Tomas
Midfielders
10. PENDLEBURY, Scott