Rate my team for 2010 (cont)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're starting Ladson, Sheppard and Broadbent on the ground.. AND Trengove AND Gumbleton.

Your team looks like a forward line with some other blokes thrown in.

Yes I am, and thats the reason my team is quite strong, as Ladson/Broadbent/Sheppard/Gumbleton will all score around 60-80pts and thats fine for the first month or so until I upgrade them to keepers later.

Not a bad team when some of the other blokes thrown in are: Goodard, Bartel, Hayes, Gibbs and co

Seems a majority of teams have tregrove in starting 22 or if not him another rookie like scully or martin, so I dont think im being a fool for starting he and martin.

Yes I am, and thats the reason my team is quite strong

But it's not quite strong. Because you're starting so many rookies/unproven players your overall team is actually quite weak.

Ladson/Broadbent/Sheppard/Gumbleton will all score around 60-80pts

Wish I had your crystal ball.

Not a bad team when some of the other blokes thrown in are: Goodard, Bartel, Hayes, Gibbs and co

They only get one score a week you know (except the captain of course).

Seems a majority of teams have tregrove in starting 22 or if not him another rookie like scully or martin

They do do they?

Well, if that's the case then obviously you should do it too then. :thumbsu:

But it's not quite strong. Because you're starting so many rookies/unproven players your overall team is actually quite weak.

Wish I had your crystal ball.

They only get one score a week you know (except the captain of course).

They do do they?

Well, if that's the case then obviously you should do it too then. :thumbsu:

1. Rookies and unproven players: - Last year I went with a 2 rookie midfield at round 1 with otten and rich. happy to do same again with 2 of Trengrove/Martin and Scully. Believe they are all good crop of ball winners and can be cashcows at worst, and keeper at best.

Had Broughton/Hill as a rookies last year with one starting any given week. Feel Sheppard/Davis will be a good couple to choose this year to try and follow same strategy. If they are 'duds' then can always trade for a suprise packet rookie back.

2. Ladson/Broadbent/Gumbleton - I expect them to be scoring in vicinity of 60pts plus with perhaps a best week score of say 80pts and Id def take 60pts from them each week. Can trade for better players once price increases! thats the idea, they are going to make me extra money.

3. Yes im aware that Hayes, Gibbs, Goddard and co get only one score a week, but Im banking on they getting 100+ avg.

4. Id say most teams Ive seen on BF and other forums have one of Trengrove/Scully/Martin starting in mids. Dont think its a risk to do this myself, and as mentioned already, Im hoping one is this years Daniel Rich.

Been playing around and here is the latest lineup:

Backs:
Enright, Doughty, Hodge, Maxwell, Hurn, Suban, Greenwood, Davis, Webberley
Centres:
Deledio, Tambling, Armitage, Ward, Masten, Martin, Shuey, Bastinac
Rucks:
Kreuzer, Mumford, Warnock, Lobbe
Forwards:
Riewoldt, ROK, Higgins, Franklin, Tippet, Ziebell, Dangerfield, TDL, Tapscott

$36,500 left over.

I know the mids look funny with 3 Tigers in there but I quite like Tambling playing off HB, especially when you consider he racked up a number of 100's doing so when moved there last year. The other thing I like with my side at the moment is all bar Ziebell Greenwood Armitage & Martin in my starting lineup played 19 or more games last year. My only real concern at the moment is making sure that I have cover for Buddy in round 1.

Id say most teams Ive seen on BF and other forums have one of Trengrove/Scully/Martin starting in mids. Dont think its a risk to do this myself, and as mentioned already, Im hoping one is this years Daniel Rich.

Yes but you're starting two not one plus all the other rookies/unproven players/players coming off long term injuries. It's an incredibly risky team. I think it would be lucky to score around 17-1800 in round 1 and that's being pretty generous. Things would more than likely get worse from that point forward.

Just my opinion though. Good luck with it.

- let me know your thoughts please.:thumbsu:

B- Carrazzo, Hodge, Harbrow, Hurn, Krakouer, Kennelly, Ladson (Trengove, Davis)

M - Bartel, Hayes, Vince, Sherman, Masten, Martin (Shuey, Bastinac)

R - Kruezer, Tippett (Lobbe, Warnock)

F - Goodes, Higgins, Pavlich, Brennan, Ziebel, Polkinghorn, Wannaeamirri (Gumbleton, Tapscott)

Have about 2K in the bank

Any advise/comments would be appreciated

Goddard, Ellis, Drummond, Ladson, Everitt, Waters (JWS, Rhyce O Keeffe)

Gibbs, Selwood, Mclean, Haselby, Cotchin, Van Berlo (Hannebery, Claye Beams)

Kruzer, Sandilands (Warnock, Stanley)

Reiwoldt, Pavlich, Staker, Vetspremi, Tippet, Dangerfield, Hall (Pods, R Tarrant)

Would love some advice/tips/feedback

- let me know your thoughts please.:thumbsu:

B- Carrazzo, Hodge, Harbrow, Hurn, Krakouer, Kennelly, Ladson (Trengove, Davis)

M - Bartel, Hayes, Vince, Sherman, Masten, Martin (Shuey, Bastinac)

R - Kruezer, Tippett (Lobbe, Warnock)

F - Goodes, Higgins, Pavlich, Brennan, Ziebel, Polkinghorn, Wannaeamirri (Gumbleton, Tapscott)

I'd downgrade Masten for Scully or Trengrove then upgrade Vince for Selwood and upgrade Carrazzo for Goddard.

Carrazzo is way too risky imo.

Hope that helps.

Goddard, Ellis, Drummond, Ladson, Everitt, Waters (JWS, Rhyce O Keeffe)

Gibbs, Selwood, Mclean, Haselby, Cotchin, Van Berlo (Hannebery, Claye Beams)

Kruzer, Sandilands (Warnock, Stanley)

Reiwoldt, Pavlich, Staker, Vetspremi, Tippet, Dangerfield, Hall (Pods, R Tarrant)

Would love some advice/tips/feedback

Hall is way too risky swap him for someone like LeCras, Kennedy or Gray. Make your emergencies Tapscott and Trent Dennis Lane because they're way cheaper and they will play in 2010. Vetspremi won't play a lot of games next year also.

How much money do you have left?

I'd downgrade Masten for Scully or Trengrove then upgrade Vince for Selwood and upgrade Carrazzo for Goddard.

Carrazzo is way too risky imo.

Hope that helps.

Hall is way too risky swap him for someone like LeCras, Kennedy or Gray. Make your emergencies Tapscott and Trent Dennis Lane because they're way cheaper and they will play in 2010. Vetspremi won't play a lot of games next year also.

How much money do you have left?
I find it interesting how you tell people what they should do rather than suggesting it to them? Not having a go at your feedback technique, because I know you are only trying to help.

Nice Team Kenndy 17 - Cunning Stunts is fairly similar to mine. Would be an even matchup if we were against each other in league or eliminator.
You are probably a touch stronger in the backs and Im stronger in fwd line.

My team is:

fatboysfifthfeb.jpg
Back- I Got burned by Drummond this year, not for me. Not sure about broadbent, maybe if he gets a game. Sheppard is a risk

Mid- A nice midfield, with some uniqueness. Maybe i would get rid of 1 premium and get a mid-pricer and use money where is other positions there is lest value

Ruck-Fine, just make sure Hille is alright round 1

FWD- Ok, i dont know about Didak or Higgins, bit to pricey for me. Also starting gumbleton IMO is a too bigger risk. As i said use money downgraded from the Midfield to make this better

I find it interesting how you tell people what they should do rather than suggesting it to them? Not having a go at your feedback technique, because I know you are only trying to help.

Well I was under the impression this thread was called "Rate my team" not "Fix my team".

The spoonfeeding is incredible, not to mention the lack of reasoning. What's wrong with just rating someone's team, perhaps pointing out where you think it's deficient if you feel like it and then letting that person go away and rethink?

...instead of saying swap this guy for that guy and downgrade this guy to that guy and use the extra cash to upgrade blah, blah, blah and then you'll have a cracking team that's a facsimile of everyone else's team in here. :thumbsu: :rolleyes:

I know the midfields a little top-heavy, so considering downgrading Ball to Masten or Trengrove, then upgrade backs or forwards. Thoughts?

EDIT - Gumby in for Weston, don't know why i had him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know the midfields a little top-heavy, so considering downgrading Ball to Masten or Trengrove, then upgrade backs or forwards. Thoughts?

EDIT - Gumby in for Weston, don't know why i had him
IMO team has too many injury riddled players, as you said your midfield strength is bringing your team to a much lower level, play around with in the next 45days or so, it should be good.

Dreamteam:
Backs: D.Fletcher, H.Taylor, H.O'brien, L.Hansen, D.Wojcinski, C.Tarrant, M.Maguire, (J.Dare, Z.Touhy)

Midfield: J.Selwood, S.Black, A.Cooney, S.Higgins, K.Jack, D.Kerr (D.Martin, K.Stevens)

Rucks: A.Sandilands, K.Tippett, (R.Warnock, W.Skipper)

Forwards:
J.Brown, M.Pavlich, B.Fevola, J.Brennan, C.Knights, L.Franklin, M.Hurley, (D.Mcneil, J.Podsiadly)

Opinions/Advice would be great

I'm new at this but Buddy I can't see anyone in your Backs who is going to score enough for you. One suggestion from a Freo perspective is that Taz doesn't score well at all.

I've got a big bet on with my 2 brothers for the season league we're in so I really want some help. I couldn't take the sledging if I lose.

Backs:Enright, Duffield, Hodge, MacDonald, Selwood Kennelly, Broadbent (Davis, Silvagni)

Mids: Alblett Selwood, Thompson, Cooney, Armitage Trengrove, (Shuey, Bastinac)

Ruck: Kreuzer, Hille (Warnock, Lobbe)

Fwds: Goodes, ROK, Pav, Higgins, Headland, Polkinghorne, TDL (Tapscott, Podsiadly)

$3k left

If I beat them I'm happy to share the cash with the people who help :D

I know Headland will be bashed but he is playing for his career this year and is completing his 1st preseason in 5. A guy like him with a gun to his head is worth a risk I think.

I'm new at this but Buddy I can't see anyone in your Backs who is going to score enough for you. One suggestion from a Freo perspective is that Taz doesn't score well at all.

I've got a big bet on with my 2 brothers for the season league we're in so I really want some help. I couldn't take the sledging if I lose.

Backs:Enright, Duffield, Hodge, MacDonald, Selwodd Kennelly, Broadbent (Davis, Silvagni)

Mids: Alblett Selwood, Thompson, Cooney, Armitage Trengrove, (Shuey, Bastinac)

Ruck: Kreuzer, Hille (Warnock, Lobbe)

Fwds: Goodes, ROK, Pav, Higgins, Headland, Polkinghorne, TDL (Tapscott, Podsiadly)

$3k left

If I beat them I'm happy to share the cash with the people who help :D

I know Headland will be bashed but he is playing for his career this year and is completing his 1st preseason in 5. A guy like him with a gun to his head is worth a risk I think.

Thats a pretty good team:thumbsu:

I don't think i would trust Headland but if you want him then go ahead as he could be a good unique pick.

I think I would downgrade one of Ablett/Thompson/Cooney for another mid-pricer (such as Masten) and use the cash to uprgrade either TDL or Polkinghorne.

Oh and btw u can keep the money if u win, I'm fine:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back