Rate my team for 2010 (cont)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I didn't say I was thinking of getting any more.

Anyone else have any useful feedback?

Sorry - it might be the wrong way to go but I am totally ignoring DP in intital squad selection.

I may consider it when brining in players later in the season but for now I'm not going to worry about it.

Hey guys just wondering what you think.

DT4.jpg

I will also post more comments on other teams

Hey guys just wondering what you think.

DT4.jpg

I will also post more comments on other teams

Great team mate :thumbsu:.

I would personally upgrade Sheppard to someone line Hunt or Waters (if he plays). Better job security with those players.

Also i wouldn't start Gumby. Bit risky. Unless of course he is named round 1.

Rest looks goood!

Great team mate :thumbsu:.

I would personally upgrade Sheppard to someone line Hunt or Waters (if he plays). Better job security with those players.

Also i wouldn't start Gumby. Bit risky. Unless of course he is named round 1.

Rest looks goood!

Thanks mate.

Who would you recommend starting instead of gumby, keep him in my squad and play dennis lane ?

So Hunt is right to go this season, starting from Rd 1 ?

untitled.jpg

3500 bucks left im not sure about rioli and murphy please help

I like Garland, Headland and McLean as unique picks.

Bradshaw I would dump. With Goodes and White in the side I don't think Bradshaw is going to put up very big numbers.

Rioli's only issue is fitness. Hawthorn are certain he will be right for round 1 but I'd keep an eye on him. Same deal with Medhurst. If they do play you are golden.

Murphy is all good. He will spend more time in the middle with Hall in the team and Johno n Aker being a year older. It's the same reason I picked up Gia. Both of these guys could average 90+ this season.

I've said it before but I don't get the Tippet love. I just cant see him playing consistantly enough. Yes he will score big points in some games but I dont think his average will go up enough. Expect him to get double teamed in games and score poorly.

Also no Martin??

My team:-

BACKS: Goddard, S.Fisher, Hodge, H.Shaw, Krakouer, Kennelly, Ladson (Davis, J.Trengove (PA))

MIDS: Ablett, Goodes, K.Cornes, C.Cornes, J.Trengove (Melb), Martin (Shuey, Bastinac)

RUCK: Kreuzer, Hille(R.Warnock, Lobbe)

FWDS: N.Riewoldt, Pavlich, Giansiracusa, Franklin, Ziebell, Dangerfield, Mayne (Dannis-Lane, Podsiadly)

Underlined are my expected keepers.
Italics are my possible keepers.

$2,500 left

I think at most I will have 6-7 upgrades to make.
I'm only trying to win my league but it'd be nice to finish high up as well :thumbsu:

What's the appeal of having Chad Cornes in your team, especially in the midfield?

I couldn't fathom picking him this year, he has no upside, isn't getting any younger, injury prone and his scoring has tailed off. Plus Port will be pretty average next year, I wouldn't want two of them in my midfield, let alone one. If memory serves me correctly they are one of the worst scoring teams in DT.

Not a fan of Krakouer either, he had his break out last year. Mayne's is an interesting buy though, I'll be watching him pretty closely over the next few weeks.

I like Garland, Headland and McLean as unique picks.

Bradshaw I would dump. With Goodes and White in the side I don't think Bradshaw is going to put up very big numbers.

Rioli's only issue is fitness. Hawthorn are certain he will be right for round 1 but I'd keep an eye on him. Same deal with Medhurst. If they do play you are golden.

Murphy is all good. He will spend more time in the middle with Hall in the team and Johno n Aker being a year older. It's the same reason I picked up Gia. Both of these guys could average 90+ this season.

I've said it before but I don't get the Tippet love. I just cant see him playing consistantly enough. Yes he will score big points in some games but I dont think his average will go up enough. Expect him to get double teamed in games and score poorly.

Also no Martin??

My team:-

BACKS: Goddard, S.Fisher, Hodge, H.Shaw, Krakouer, Kennelly, Ladson (Davis, J.Trengove (PA))

MIDS: Ablett, Goodes, K.Cornes, C.Cornes, J.Trengove (Melb), Martin (Shuey, Bastinac)

RUCK: Kreuzer, Hille(R.Warnock, Lobbe)

FWDS: N.Riewoldt, Pavlich, Giansiracusa, Franklin, Ziebell, Dangerfield, Mayne (Dannis-Lane, Podsiadly)

Underlined are my expected keepers.
Italics are my possible keepers.

$2,500 left

I think at most I will have 6-7 upgrades to make.
I'm only trying to win my league but it'd be nice to finish high up as well :thumbsu:

Awesome team there mate!

Backs: Look very similar to mine. My only querie would be Krakouer. He is certaintly a unique pick but he will still give you those 40s and 50s although he could also average you 75+. Very unpredictable so watch him in the NAB Cup. Ladson could be injured although the Hawks gave him a run on Saturday night. Still watch his progress.

Mids: Maybe take out the Cornes brothers from your midfield. They could get back to thier best but Chad is the wrong side of 30 and Kane is turning into a tagger so it would be wise to replace them with younger, more playmaking midfielders.

Rucks: All the same as mine barring Kreuzer. (Tippett instead) So IMO they look great! :thumbsu:

Forwards: All good. :thumbsu:

Isn't Palmer still really proppy? There was word he might not even be back til round 5?

Also, surely you aren't serious about Headland? He'd about about the worst buy in the game. Gotta take the blinkers off mate.

thanks for your opinion but ive heard good things about headland this year
and i figure if palmer can get back he will be a real cheap buy seeing he missed all last year

dt2010.jpg

suggestions welcome

was thinking Warnock for J Trengove in ruck

Will keep eye on broadbent and hunt in defense and gumby in the forward line .. will more than likely change before season starts

only got 5k left .. which is a worry .. but i think i have quite a few potential cash cows

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not that it would make a huge difference, I would pick Warnock over Trengove in the Ruck if it matters to you.

Swap NicNat for Lobbe also and use the cash to upgrade Gumby to someone like Mayne. Other than that, good team.

thanks for the tips mate i think this looks better but let me know your thoughts. i have 5400 left after the changes

dreamteam.jpg

thoughts???
I find the team a bit unbalanced but a bit unique at the same time.

Backline: I like it alot but I would consider to try and get Goddard in the backs - he is such a better prospect then Fisher. If its impossible, can't improve it much more. Don't know much about Colin Garland myself so will have to watch him in the NAB Cup. Just seems to be a cash cow - not a potential keeper. For Sheppard I personally think he will play more then 10 games so he is worth the money to be sitting on your backline. As for when it comes to money, you can save a whopping 40k, which could be used to upgrade Fisher too Goddard. Think about that :)

Midfield: Palmer.. hmm, very risky. Still unsure whether he will play round one and you will defiently not see him in the NAB Cup this year as they will be taking his progress very slowley being one of the youngest talents in the team. Morabito is one of my smokies whom I am thinking of trading in for Trengove. With Palmer I think a fair way off, Mora could take his position in which he could score a regular 60+ points which is great for a cash cow. I expect him to play a few more then a dozen games as Freo love their youngsters. Mora is still not a great ball position winner when he isn't playing his most preffured position so when Palmer comes back it could be all 30's from there (like a Hill for instance who changed positons later in the season and started to score 100+). Anyway away from Fremantle and onto your others. McLean I think is another one to keep an eye on in the NAB Cup. Hasn't caught my eye even with training reports saying he is 'burning up the track' etc etc. With such a great midfield that Carlton have, I will find it hard for him to score consistantly but watch out for him as I could be way off. As for the rest, nice picking but not unique :p everyone has them players. And if anyone asks about not getting Martin - good on you. Far out everyone jumps on board quickly. Just because he played one good game doesn't mean he is going to do it every other game. Along with Nic Nat - what will happen when Cox comes back hey?

Ruck: Tick, and another team with Nic Nat. Good luck but watch out when Cox comes back...

Forward: I like your first 3 players and then it gets risky. This could be the unique part of your team but why Headland? Personally I love Ziebell so thats one good players, Medhurst is risky but take it if you have a gut feeling, and Murphy I would keep my hands off him. Waaaay too injury prone. As for Rohan - downgrade him to a 95k players who will probably get more games (expect Rohan to be given time to develop. I watch them play and I do know he needs time. he may be given a few games but someone like TDL will get sooo many more games.).

Hope that helps :thumbsu: just thought I would give my thoughts as I haven't for a while haha

thanks for your opinion but ive heard good things about headland this year
and i figure if palmer can get back he will be a real cheap buy seeing he missed all last year

Headland hasn't played a full season in his whole career, that's 10 years of football without ever playing a full year. He has played 32 of a possible 66 in three years. Not only that, but in 10 years, he has never averaged over 80 points.
Nothing you've heard about Headland would be good enough to justify buying him, he is a DT spud through and through.

And yeah, Palmer is cheap, but he has missed a year of footy and has had a shitty pre-season. He'll start very slowly, so why not just wait and pick him up later in the year?

Anyway, your choice :thumbsu:

DT20102.png

alright thanks for suggestions

chopped and changed from last post .. i think this looks pretty good .. need to wait and see if garland gets game time tho

DT20102.png

alright thanks for suggestions

chopped and changed from last post .. i think this looks pretty good .. need to wait and see if garland gets game time tho

Woah man, your squad is eerily similar to mine.

Out of the total 30 players, 22 of them are the same! And i thought my team was somewhat unique! :eek:

yeah im still chopping and changing ... dang this is addictive

a lot rests on the rest of the NAB cup .. i dunno why Im putting so much effort into it now ..lol

Headland hasn't played a full season in his whole career, that's 10 years of football without ever playing a full year. He has played 32 of a possible 66 in three years. Not only that, but in 10 years, he has never averaged over 80 points.
Nothing you've heard about Headland would be good enough to justify buying him, he is a DT spud through and through.

And yeah, Palmer is cheap, but he has missed a year of footy and has had a shitty pre-season. He'll start very slowly, so why not just wait and pick him up later in the year?

Anyway, your choice :thumbsu:

who in your opinion would be a suitable replacement for headland? or palmer?

Here is my team.

Backs: Goddard, Duffield, Carrazzo, Fisher, Hodge, S. Selwood, Ladson (Emerg: Davis & Trengove)

Mids: Bartel, Selwood, Kornes, Armitage, Martin, Trengove (Emerg: Morabito & Shuey)

Rucks: Kreuzer, Ottens (Emerg: Lobbe & Gawn)

Fwds: Riewoldt, ROK, Pavlich, Le Cras, Ziebell/Hall, Dangerfield, TDL (Emerg: Podsiadly & Tapscott)

Thoughts anyone would be much appreciated.

Ottens? Not sure you will get 22 games from him and with a weak bench I think you are advised reviewing his selection. Not sure of cash situation but rucks is one area I always have quality in - don't go cheap in this area.

Also Carrazzo's role within the Carlton team is very difficult to guage - which means he will a bit hit and miss with his scores

thanks everyone for suggestions and tips: but here is my third team:
Hopefully better, im still worried about my rucks and not 100% on polkinghorne.

and i have 6k Left in the DT bank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back