Rate my team for 2010 (cont)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the rookie list.

But anyway.. my first draft at a team. This is definitely going to chop&change.

Backs
Adcock
Hodge
Shaw
Suban
Broadbent
Ladson
Waters
Sheppard
Davis

Mids
Ablett
NDS
Selwood
Masten
C. Young
Trengove
Shuey
Banner

Rucks
Tippett
Hille
Lobbe
Trengove

Forwards
Didak
Pavlich
Higgins
Franklin
LeCras
J. Riewoldt
Danger
TDL
Tapscott

145k to play with

Points to consider:

- I realise that the backs are more fragile than vases in a hurricane, but depending on form any of Waters/Ladson/Broadbent will end up on the out.

- Franklin I would put in this same boat, but if he can play like he did 1st half against Richmond - he'd be very hard not to take I think.

- Thinking about pulling some money out of the mids to upgrade Ruck/Backs.

- Want to take nicnat so bad, but the Cox factor makes that a very tough thing to do.

- What are people's thoughts on Young? I see a couple of these hawks boys as primed for potentially a very big season.

Anyone who thinks they have a genuine chance of winning Dream Team wouldn't dare post their starting team up here... That should be something to think of when selecting a generic BigFooty team.

That's why i havnt posted mine up :thumbsu:
The generic BF team actually performed very admirably in 2009 - I actually ran a mock team (on a spreadsheet) which started with the bigfooty hype team and traded, etc, etc and that team would of actually finished up coming top 50 overall. No unique players, no funny business - raines, petrenko, houlihan, krakouer, ablett, cox, skipworth, higgins...they were all there!

Very hard for hyped players not to be hyped for good reason, and its very hard for players showing value to fly under the radar.

WRT the dual position players i think it was really made as a 'marketing' tool for virtual sports. I mean its very 'cool' that you get to swap players between positions but I think using it as a strategy/means to improve coverage isn't very feasible or smart at all.

The first problem is that if you put too much emphasis on finding dual positioned players, you can miss out on some other real value picks. Another major major issue is that in most cases you actually need a dual postion player to be inactive for it to be useful to avoid zeros and this destroys the whole concept/meaning behind picking dual positioned players. You pick dual position players to cover injuries and ironically the only time they are useful to cover zeros is when another dual position player is inactive, definitely backwards thinking.

Although in saying that there will be cases where it isn't a dual position player that goes down but you swap for 'more adequate' cover, e.g you have two playing DP players such as Polak F/B in your forward line and Davis F/B in your backline. Assuming backman X goes down and Polak is averaging 20 more than Davis you can now play Polak in the backline as a replacement for injured backman X and move Davis to the forward line bench. However, these situations will be rare and the benefit will often be very minor.

In this respect i think it really is absolutely useless to get DP players because they are only useful for very minor gains in scoring due to injuries to non-DP players. Otherwise the only time they are benefitial is when another one of their kind is not playing. It is purely a bonus feature, no point using it as a strategy at all.

The only time it has any merit IMO is when the chance for injury to occur to a DP position player is very high (E.g 3/4+ of your team is full of DP players). At this point it will be clear that you have missed out on other bargains to accommodate your strategy.

Another way of expressing my thoughts above is that as you increase the % of DP players in your team, you are also relying on an increase in % of inactive DP players to get a greater % of potential benefit. Therefore, the only real benefit of choosing a greater number of DP players (Thus a greater % of DP's in your team) is for the increased benefit of 'minor gains' due to 'cross-covering' between positions like i stated above with the Polak/Davis situation. We all know there simply aren't enough suitable DP position players for this to work at all. I say treat DP as a pure bonus, don't factor it in even slightly when making your selections.

It's pushing towards midnight and my brain is functioning at an estimated 60% of its usual capacity so hopefully i am understandable.

dreamteame.png

$$130 grand left over..

Hey guys.. first post. What do you think of my team? Any advice would be great ! I only have $12,000 left.

Defenders: Goddard, Enright, Hodge, H.Shaw, Kennelly, Ladson, J.Hunt. (Trengrove, Davis)

Midfield: Ablett, Selwood, Carrazzo, Masten, Trengrove, Martin. (Shuey, Bastinac)

Rucks: Sandilands, Kreuzer. (Warnock, Lobbe)

Forwards: Riewoldt, Pavlich, Higgins, Franklin, Ziebell, Warren, Dangerfield. (Dennis Lane, Tapscott)

Untitlednewnew.jpg

OK take three i think this will be the team i stay with give or take some rookie performances in the rest of pre season preparation.

It's a good team, get rid of Rusling though. I also think you are potentially missing out on a bit of value in the midfield, but that's just me.

dreamteame.png

$$130 grand left over..

Great team!

Only concerns are Ellis/Buckley and Jurrah - see how they go in Nab and go from there! Also u might wanna downgrade montagna a tad as he cant really improve on last year....say for a kornes or watson whos price is just right imo

Advice for mine:

Backs - Enright, Fisher, Hodge, H.Shaw, Kennelly, Suban, Ladson (Davis, Trengrove)
Mids - Bartel (c), Selwood, (Watson/Kornes/Mitchell - <350k??), Masten, Trengrove, Martin (Shuey, Bastanic)
Rucks - Tippet, Kruezer (Warnock, Lobbe)
Forwards - Roo, Okeefe, Pav, Franklin, Medhurst, Zeibell, Dangerfield (Dennis-Lane, Tapscott)

4k left....

Took out goddard finally to have some more $$$ - any suggestions for a < 350k mid keeping in mind some extra cash isnt bad....ie watson is only 399 compared to mitchall at 449 ....what a think pal?

Thx alot!

In terms of that mid-spot I have had Kornes in and out of my team. Scores of been on a bit of a downward trend over recent seasons but that could mean he is well priced if he can bounce back and average 100 this year.

I actually have him out of my side at the moment because I generally play a strategy where I absolutely stack the mids but if wanted a more balanced midfield I definately think I would have him in.

Great team!

Only concerns are Ellis/Buckley and Jurrah - see how they go in Nab and go from there! Also u might wanna downgrade montagna a tad as he cant really improve on last year....say for a kornes or watson whos price is just right imo

Advice for mine:

Backs - Enright, Fisher, Hodge, H.Shaw, Kennelly, Suban, Ladson (Davis, Trengrove)
Mids - Bartel (c), Selwood, (Watson/Kornes/Mitchell - <350k??), Masten, Trengrove, Martin (Shuey, Bastanic)
Rucks - Tippet, Kruezer (Warnock, Lobbe)
Forwards - Roo, Okeefe, Pav, Franklin, Medhurst, Zeibell, Dangerfield (Dennis-Lane, Tapscott)

4k left....

Took out goddard finally to have some more $$$ - any suggestions for a < 350k mid keeping in mind some extra cash isnt bad....ie watson is only 399 compared to mitchall at 449 ....what a think pal?

Thx alot!

Good looking team! mine is very similar. By saying <350k you actually mean 'less than' but i understand what you mean. I'd prefer to put your salary cap on the field if you can so i'd go Kornes or Mitchell over Watto. (Kornes just IMO)

EDIT: hehe what are the chances of no-one posting for over 3 hours and then 2 people posting in the same minute..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how bout a rich? van berlo or mundy?

untitled.jpg

i was thinking maybe i should swap ryan murphy or cyril rioli

i have $4500 left

Ok here is my preliminary and first compiled team for 2010 - obviously nothing set in stone with the NAB cup barely underway:

15091484.jpg

Obviously, as I mentioned above, I play a strategy where I stack the midfield and have weaker forwards and backs.

Concerns/Issues:
- Montanga v Ablett - Initially had Gazza in but then was concerned about having a 3 pronged Cat midfield - should I be? Now I am concerned that Montanga may not be able to back up last year performance in 2010 - what are peoples thoughts on that?

- Forward/Backs - are they just too weak - Backs have only one premium (maybe he is the only one) and both areas have a rookie + 2 improves starting which means if they bomb there are going to be a few low scores coming from that area.

@ iluvparis: Solid team, however I think you have too much money spent in the centres, perhaps downgrade one to a mid-pricer and upgrade Sheppard or TDL.

I'm not going to post my entire team but I have a question.

My backs atm consist of 3 players who can also play mid (Carrazzo, Hodge, Ladson), while my forwards have 3 (perhaps 4) players that can also play mid (O'Keefe, Pav, Dangerfield)

I was wondering whether you guys think its a wise move to have a few mids capable of swapping with these players. Atm my midfield is Bartel, Goddard, Sylvia, Masten, Trengove, Martin .

I think that it could help fill a few holes throughout the season, and when the time comes to upgrade, I can swap someone like Danger into the mids and upgrade him, allowing Sylvia to play out the year in my forward line :)

Thoughts/criticisms?

Ok here is my preliminary and first compiled team for 2010 - obviously nothing set in stone with the NAB cup barely underway:

15091484.jpg

Obviously, as I mentioned above, I play a strategy where I stack the midfield and have weaker forwards and backs.

Concerns/Issues:
- Montanga v Ablett - Initially had Gazza in but then was concerned about having a 3 pronged Cat midfield - should I be? Now I am concerned that Montanga may not be able to back up last year performance in 2010 - what are peoples thoughts on that?

- Forward/Backs - are they just too weak - Backs have only one premium (maybe he is the only one) and both areas have a rookie + 2 improves starting which means if they bomb there are going to be a few low scores coming from that area.
Nice but risky. I would trade down Zeibell to someone like Danger and use a bit of the money to go from Shepperd to Hunt or Waters. Solid scoring and reduced risk in the backs. You could also then have a bit of extra money left over to make a move if needed wrt to Vez or go up to another cheap option in your forward rookies eg Rockliff if he continues to perform.

I'm not going to post my entire team but I have a question.

My backs atm consist of 3 players who can also play mid (Carrazzo, Hodge, Ladson), while my forwards have 3 (perhaps 4) players that can also play mid (O'Keefe, Pav, Dangerfield)

I was wondering whether you guys think its a wise move to have a few mids capable of swapping with these players. Atm my midfield is Bartel, Goddard, Sylvia, Masten, Trengove, Martin .

I think that it could help fill a few holes throughout the season, and when the time comes to upgrade, I can swap someone like Danger into the mids and upgrade him, allowing Sylvia to play out the year in my forward line

Thoughts/criticisms?

You have already got a mid C/B in Goddard, and a mid C/F in Sylvia...reckon thats probably enough cover if your are going dual....

Backs
Goddard
Enright
H. Shaw
Hodge
Waite
Ladson
Hunt

Midfield
Bartel
Corey
Selwood
McVeigh
D.Martin
Moribito or trengrove

Rucks
Kruzer
Hille

Fowards
Riewoldt
Didak
S. Johnson
Higgins
Ziebell
Dangerfield
Gumbleton

Nice but risky. I would trade down Zeibell to someone like Danger and use a bit of the money to go from Shepperd to Hunt or Waters. Solid scoring and reduced risk in the backs. You could also then have a bit of extra money left over to make a move if needed wrt to Vez or go up to another cheap option in your forward rookies eg Rockliff if he continues to perform.

In that case would it not be better for me to downgarde one of the 4 premium mids to a slightly cheaper option and replace a rookie with a mid pricer in the backs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back