Rate my team for 2010 (cont)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
open to suggestions on morabito, as there is quite a few good rookie mids... mayne i reckon will end up in the 300k's and walker looks good, but may not be a high scorer... although i remember him being on 57 or something at quarter time vs the hawks last year... willing to trade walker...

I'd chuck Martin onto the ground, although Trengove might be safer from your bench and throw Martin there.

I'd chuck Martin onto the ground, although Trengove might be safer from your bench and throw Martin there.

martin did look good... almost richmonds best... may hold on until scully/trengove play to decide who...

the thing about Trengrove is - he's played against men already. From a settling into afl perspective - i think that helps a lot of the sanfl and wafl players

he's a definite starter for me = and wouldn't be surprised at all if he becomes a keeper

the thing about Trengrove is - he's played against men already. From a settling into afl perspective - i think that helps a lot of the sanfl and wafl players

he's a definite starter for me = and wouldn't be surprised at all if he becomes a keeper

For a Trengove to become a keeper in the mids he would need to avg 95+. I dont even think Palmer managed that and he was the best first year DT player Iv seen.

team has undergone a little tinkering...

enright
hodge
h.shaw
kennelly
ladson
maguire

bartel
gibbs
m.mcveigh
cooney
watson
martin

jolly
nicnat

didak
pav
higgins
franklin
buchanan
danger
mayne

sheppard
trengove
shuey
bastinac
skipper
lobbe
gumby
tapscott

only $2500 left...

Opinions?

79aut.jpg

I still have 37k left over. Thoughts?

I'd be cautious around Kelly. Not going to push any major cogs out of the geelong midfield means he is usually played as a utility (tagging sometimes,playing free others). I think he is an excellent player but I would be worried about how consistent his output would be, his hammies are a worry too, might be one of the cats many boundary riders due to injury concerns

79aut.jpg

I still have 37k left over. Thoughts?

A strong team. The most solid forward line I've seen yet. Naitanui could turn out to be anything and Masten, Kennelly, Ladson, Hunt & Dangerfield are all good choices. Do you see Gray and Masten as potential keepers?

If there's anything to fault it's selecting J Kelly in the backline, as he rarely plays 22 games in a season.

Also, I would not pick Gumbleton because of potential back-related problems.

okansr.jpg

This is mine at the moment. Previously had a lot of money in the backline but now have selected a fair few bf favourites and released some cash to upgrade the forwards a bit. Looks a bit risky injury wise though. Hopefully one of my forwards on the bench will play to cover for LF in round one. Ill be keeping an eye on Hille for the rest of the nab cup, i had him in before and if he looks good ill change Kreuzer to him to free up some more cash and maybe upgrade another forward or burgoyne/ward

A strong team. The most solid forward line I've seen yet. Naitanui could turn out to be anything and Masten, Kennelly, Ladson, Hunt & Dangerfield are all good choices. Do you see Gray and Masten as potential keepers?

If there's anything to fault it's selecting J Kelly in the backline, as he rarely plays 22 games in a season.

A strong team? LOL. He's got a good midfield and a weak back/forward and terrible rucks. Expect 0's from your rucks and backs and an injury or two up forward. Or accept the risk and beat me and everyone else with your awesome side. (@ poster, not at commentor)

Though i do think that your midfield is at least different... if you consider stacking it different....

Not sure gray will play rnd 1 considering he just had his appendix out. Though i guess it's possible...

Just to you know have something a bit different to everyone else...

What about this one: (aka Team After Midnight)

teamaftermidnight.jpg

Top 3 backmen are Goddard, Duffield and Hodge (Stupid printscreen)
Palmer ==> Masten if he isnt right r1
Might change Mitchell to Sewell/Lewis
What do u guys think?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top 3 backmen are Goddard, Duffield and Hodge (Stupid printscreen)
Palmer ==> Masten if he isnt right r1
Might change Mitchell to Sewell/Lewis
What do u guys think?
Palmer??? Do you read at all?? I really would suggest to re-think this team, so many high priced players which is a coin toss if they will have another year lik last year. I strong dislike this team!

Realistically its not a bad team at all, sure Palmer needs to go but alot of the players seen are ones that are starting to be seen in alot of teams.

Sure Duffield has had one good season and Montagna has had one season as a true top liner but you have to take risks and these guys might push it even harder this year.

It seems the majority of teams are going with:

Backs - Goddard & Hodge + 2 or 3 of: Kennely/Ladson/Hunt/Waters

Mids - Bartel/Mitchell + Trengove & Martin

Rucks - Sandi + Hille/Kreuz

Fwds - Riewoldt & Pav & Buddy + Ziebell & Danger

.. then fililng their teams around that.

Palmer??? Do you read at all?? I really would suggest to re-think this team, so many high priced players which is a coin toss if they will have another year lik last year. I strong dislike this team!

I actually quite like the team but think your just short maybe 1 or 2 keepers, looking at it i see as many as 10 players that will probably need an up grade.

i'd look at morabito -> banner or other min wage rookie
same with sheppard, for back rookies look at phil davies and jackson trengove should probably replace silvagni with one of these two as well given he is a rookie and has to be upgraded before he even gets a game

one of your top end premium mids to anther closer to 400k
then upgrade 1 maybe 2 of suban, kennelly, ladson and hunt to players like shaw, fisher, mackie, or any 300k+ keepers, ellis may be one if your strapped for cash, personally i'd go with montagna as i think he's at his absolute peak price wise and you could get him later in the season much cheaper

also palmer -> masten would be a good move as i read palmer has had set backs and may return via the wafl

forward line, mids and rucks look good

Not sure gray will play rnd 1 considering he just had his appendix out. Though i guess it's possible...
I would stick clear on commenting on things you obviously have NFI about. And for your reference, Gray will be fine to take on WCE next weekend.

Thanks for your help.

Masten and Gray I do see as potential keepers. I expect both to improve. If either decline I could be in trouble though.

I'll look into upgrading Kelly with the money I have left over. Also considering swapping Swan for Goodes in order do upgrade elsewhere.

Will keep an eye on Gumbletons preseason and swap him out at the last minute if he's not fit.

Appreciate any comments on

B: Goddard Enright Hodge Ellis Kennelly Ladson Shonemakers (Waters/Hunt Webberly)

M: Bartel Gibbs Cooney Cotchin Dangerfields Martin (Shuey Trengrove)

R: Kruezer Hill/Ottens (Warnock Skipper)

F: Riewoldt O'Keefe Pavlich Franklin Ziebell Warren Burton (TDL Pods)

Will comment on teams below.

Cheers
Steve

Backs are solid not sold on having so many hawks, yet to see much about ellis

Midfield looks solid except you have dangerfield, probably better option to have in forward line for warren atm

Rucks don't have that huge premium quality that you'd want however hill or ottens could surprise

Forwards are nice not keen on Franklin but that's just me... and Burton is out with injure and wrong side of 30 so be wary

Should be renamed to rate above then post own team... make things much neater.

Anyway team to date:
Backs:
Goddard Enright Carrazzo Hodge Suban Kennelly S Buckley

Mids:
Pendlebury Selwood Mitchell Morton Trengrove Martin

Ruck:
Cox Mumford

Forwards:
Roo ROK Pavlich J Kennedy Ziebell Dangerfield TDL

Res
J Trengove
P Davis
Shuey
Banner
Lobbe
Warnock
Tapscott
Podsialdy

Thanks Membling - yes might change it around a bit with one less Hawk in backline and Burton out for another midpricer.

Membling
"Anyway team to date:
Backs:
Goddard Enright Carrazzo Hodge Suban Kennelly S Buckley

Mids:
Pendlebury Selwood Mitchell Morton Trengrove Martin

Ruck:
Cox Mumford

Forwards:
Roo ROK Pavlich J Kennedy Ziebell Dangerfield TDL

Res
J Trengove
P Davis
Shuey
Banner
Lobbe
Warnock
Tapscott
Podsialdy"

Overall team looks pretty good.

Backs: Carrazzo want to make sure he's place in the team is safe. Not sold on Suban and Buckley but maybe you know more about their situation and potential.

Mids good but don't think Mitchell will necessarily improve much from last year.

Rucks: Not sure if Cox will score as well this year. Worsfold talking about sharing ruck with Nic Nat.

Forwards good.

Overall a fairly aggressive team with the rookies starting and cheap rookies on the bench so you have to be fairly sure enough of your rookies will string games together.

Cheers
Steve

Yeah not 100% sure on Buckley or suban, was also thinking of downgrading cox to sandilands to free up some cash and allow for upgrades that probably make after pre seasons done.

Rookie wise fairly sure of martin, trengrove and TDL all being rd 1 inclusions barring injury.

Yeah considering changing mitchell after pre season but see how he and others perform first.

Maybe shoenmakers out with hunt in for your side, if buckley ain't in hunt will be for me

For a Trengove to become a keeper in the mids he would need to avg 95+. I dont even think Palmer managed that and he was the best first year DT player Iv seen.

I would think if he could average 80 - 85 he would be a player who would comfortably hold their own - and you could upgrade to a GUN if you had trades in hand.

However - if you are struck by injuries, an 80+ average is not bad for a low end keeper.

Many still had Palmer in their team come round 22.

Going from 85 - 110 nets you 25 points.

Going from 50 points in the backline to a Goddard or Enright could net you 45+ points per week.

So whilst ideally you'd get trengrove up to a superstar - if he could do what palmer did - it's not a woeful situation if he remains in your best 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back