Rate My Team for 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way too risky going in with that midfield. 2 or 3 untried players max for mine else you could be looking at a number of zeros/sub 50 scores. There are a few decent options below $250k in both the forwards and backs.

How many upgrades will you have to make? I will have to make 6

BACKLINE:

Goddard, Hargrave, Hodge, Waite, Suban, Kennelly, Broadbent (O'keefe, Davis)

MIDFIELD:

J. Selwood, Gibbs, Cooney, Ward, Trengrove, Martin (Cunnington, Bastinac)

RUCKS:

Kreuzer, Tippett (Warnock, Lobbe)

FORWARDS:

Riewoldt, Okeefe, Pavlich, Harvey, Franklin, Dangerfield, Gumbleton (Tapscott, Dennis-lane)

not sold on some of these players especially Gumbleton, Waite and Suban...but thats my first crack, cheers in advance for any advice

noobdt.jpg

Why get Connors when you can get Kane Lucas for less? ;)

And until you make those upgrades, you will likely take donuts and lose hundreds of points per week to the pack. You have also ruled out the possibility of picking stars on the rise in any position other than the midfield.

If the mids don't perform like you want them to, you won't be able to generate the cash to get guns in their place.

At what cost? I've opted for a few mid-price players and am hoping atleast one or two of them can become near keepers. Chances are you'll be copping zeros in the midfield and if not, it's likely at least a couple sub 50s in the midfield.

Also, how are you going to finance your upgrades? You're bench players, bar one or two, don't seem to have much scope for improvement.

Forget about it you won't win. Starting 6 rookies (all in the same postion too for that matter) is just about the most riskiest thing that you could do.

I have done this exact same thing! If you look at past years the best rookies tend to always come from the midfield and the most options for downgrades come from midfield players. And especially this year there are not many good options less then 250K on the backs and forwards.

Also, because now players like Goddard, Goodes, Gram and Chapman can be substituted in the midfield if need be, it makes this option more attractive.

I think its a great idea but it could easily be a total flop. I think its worth the risk.

BACKLINE:

Goddard, Hargrave, Hodge, Waite, Suban, Kennelly, Broadbent (O'keefe, Davis)

MIDFIELD:

J. Selwood, Gibbs, Cooney, Ward, Trengrove, Martin (Cunnington, Bastinac)

RUCKS:

Kreuzer, Tippett (Warnock, Lobbe)

FORWARDS:

Riewoldt, Okeefe, Pavlich, Harvey, Franklin, Dangerfield, Gumbleton (Tapscott, Dennis-lane)

not sold on some of these players especially Gumbleton, Waite and Suban...but thats my first crack, cheers in advance for any advice

Waite hasnt had a good pre season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What happens if scully, trengove, martin, connors and morabito play all 22 games and avg 70?

Will i win?

No you won't win:p

IIRC you have 16 keepers in your team with 6 rookies starting
My team has 15/16 keepers but is only starting TWO rookies.

see the difference.

If you want to gamble with some rookies and they can score pretty well in the first 1/3 of the season you'll be a favourite because you would've saved money by starting them at the beginning of the season and then could've had better players in other positions as well. If you want to win it all I reckon you should start atleast 4 rookies.

I'm a believer that J Brown is great target for an upgrade during the year.

I have zero stats - but i'd hazard a guess that the back-end to his seasons are a mile better than the start!

He usually does take a bit to get going, but he has usually also always had problems over the off season. Played a great FULL season last year and has had a full pre season this year as well. He will be as fit as he ever has been, and i think having Fev playing deep is going to free him up to do what he loves best, and thats getting on his bike. When he starts taking marks 70-80m from goal out on the wing, he is usually in for a big game.

Previous years he has started a big higher, but i dont think he is priced too bad this year. I dont think he is going to drop enough in price to be worth buring a trade on, and after a few games he will get back to where he started, so no money is lost if u dont trade him out.

BACKS:

FISHER
HODGE
ENRIGHT
H.SHAW

KENNELLY
SUBAN
SHEPPARD

Davis
Webberly

MIDS:

SWAN
SELWOOD
VINCE

SWIFT
MARTIN
TRENGOVE

Bastanic
Shuey

RUCKS:

KRUEZER
TIPPETT

Lobbe
Trengrove

FOWARDS

RIEWOLDT
OKEEFE
BROWN
PAVLICH
GIANSIRACUSA
ZIEBELL
GUMBLETON

Tappscot
Dennis - Lane

Like most in here Ladson has thrown out backlines a little bit. I decided to upgrade to Suban think heil have a decent year and average 75. This is my first crack for this year so tell me what you all think?

That was my team shaunn sorry, but you have 4 rookies starting in the midfield.

Personally I think that's too many, Hodge is better in the backline, you can't just think about upgrades, you have to save trades for injuries aswell.

B: Beau Waters, Jarrad Waite, Rick Ladson
HB: Luke Hodge, Brendon Goddard, Tadhg Kennelly
C: Rhys Palmer, Daniel Kerr, Shaun Burgoyne
HF: Jack Ziebell, Nick Riewoldt, Shaun Higgins
F: Mark LeCras, Matthew Pavlich, Cyril Rioli
Foll: Dean Cox, Chris Judd, Gary Ablett
INT: Brad Ottens, Pat Dangerfield, Dan Hannebery, Josh Hunt
EMG: Jesse Smith, Rob Warnock, Dustin Martin
Others: Austinn Wonaemirri, Phil Davis, Callum Bartlett, Matt Lobbe, James Podsiadly.

48K left over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back