Rate My Team (Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an updated team and quite possibly the last one I post on here.

Backs - Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Otten, R.Tarrant, Heppel (Coad, Toy, Duigan)
Mids - Swan, Judd, Selwood, Boak, Swallow, Harris (Polec, Hibberd, Smith)
Rucks - Sandi, Cox (Smith, Derickx)
Forwards - Chapman, Riewoldt, Franklin, Rioli, Krakouer, Prestia, Richardson (Matera, Mzunga, R.Kerr)

Don't pay too much attention to rookies.

Ok, here's an effort to balance the hurt you're dishing out.

Otten has not shown anywhere near enough to indicate that he would be better off than a 100k player. There's no way he's going to become a premium player and a 180k cash cow would want to be a sure thing. He is not a sure thing.

For R. Tarrant the same applies.

Heppell has two L's

Boak is no more a sure thing than any other similar priced mid, he will likely stay the same. You're better off getting someone in the 400-450k range if you want a mid priced guy who "might" become premium. Boak is no more likely to pull out 110s this year than a number of guys. Better and cheaper picks would be guys like Stanton, Thomas, J. McVeigh Sylvia or Thompson. Boak is a nothing pick caught halfway between premium and value. Better yet, look in the 300-400k for value with players in the 3rd, 4th or 5th seasons. When players go premium they generally jump up to 110 fast, not creep up from 95s. (Goddard went 70s to 110, Swan 70s to 100, Selwood 70s to 100, etc)

Polec is too much value for the bench. If he can't get on the field ahead of Harris you should probably pick another cow with a 100k price on his head.

Cox is playing in a shocking team coming off a shit year. His pre-season looks good but he hasn't played any ruck of note, with an underdone Jolly in his first game all that counts. And Jolly is a slow starter.

Chapman has injury worries, as well as a new coach to contend with. You don't pick two premiums from the same side in the same forward line, and Krakouer is going to fall like a stone.

If you ditch Otten, Tarrant, Krakouer, Polec and trade in Boak for Stanton or Thompson or McVeigh you can get yourself almost an extra 400k to throw at a genuine premuim player.

How's that? :p

Return the favour with my evolved team (200k left over):

B: Goddard, Gibbs, Gilbee, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Hunt (Toy, Hibberd, Puopolo)
C: A. Swallow, Pendlebury, Bartel, D. Swallow, Heppell, Polec (Atley, Wallis, Irons)
R: Cox, Ryder (Smith, Derickx)
F: Riewoldt, Didak, Jetta, Rioli, Goodes, Mzungu, Prestia (Richardson, Matera, Darling)

Boak is no more a sure thing than any other similar priced mid, he will likely stay the same. You're better off getting someone in the 400-450k range if you want a mid priced guy who "might" become premium. Boak is no more likely to pull out 110s this year than a number of guys. Better and cheaper picks would be guys like Stanton, Thomas, J. McVeigh Sylvia or Thompson. Boak is a nothing pick caught halfway between premium and value. Better yet, look in the 300-400k for value with players in the 3rd or 4th seasons. When players go premium they generally jump up to 110 fast, not creep up from 95s. (Goddard went 70s to 110, Swan 70s to 100, etc)

I have Boak as my third "premium" mid behind Swan and Selwood and I think you are very very wrong. He CAN go on and average 110. He is at the stage now where he becomes Port's number #1 centre square mid. I couldn't have any of your suggested better picks ahead of him, different style of players that just don't have the upside of Boak. Boak is potentially Selwood/Pendelbury material. And the bye situation with Port also works in his favour. The knock on him is his body holding up more than anything IMO.

I have Boak as my third "premium" mid behind Swan and Selwood and I think you are very very wrong. He CAN go on and average 110. He is at the stage now where he becomes Port's number #1 centre square mid. I couldn't have any of your suggested better picks ahead of him, different style of players that just don't have the upside of Boak. Boak is potentially Selwood/Pendelbury material. And the bye situation with Port also works in his favour. The knock on him is his body holding up more than anything IMO.

I agree. I used to have him in and might put him back in. However I was just giving the bad side of the coin. :p

Otten has not shown anywhere near enough to indicate that he would be better off than a 100k player. There's no way he's going to become a premium player and a 180k cash cow would want to be a sure thing. He is not a sure thing.

Heppell has two L's

Boak is no more a sure thing than any other similar priced mid, he will likely stay the same. You're better off getting someone in the 400-450k range if you want a mid priced guy who "might" become premium. Boak is no more likely to pull out 110s this year than a number of guys. Better and cheaper picks would be guys like Stanton, Thomas, J. McVeigh Sylvia or Thompson. Boak is a nothing pick caught halfway between premium and value. Better yet, look in the 300-400k for value with players in the 3rd, 4th or 5th seasons. When players go premium they generally jump up to 110 fast, not creep up from 95s. (Goddard went 70s to 110, Swan 70s to 100, Selwood 70s to 100, etc)

Polec is too much value for the bench. If he can't get on the field ahead of Harris you should probably pick another cow with a 100k price on his head.

Cox is playing in a shocking team coming off a shit year. His pre-season looks good but he hasn't played any ruck of note, with an underdone Jolly in his first game all that counts. And Jolly is a slow starter.

Chapman has injury worries, as well as a new coach to contend with. You don't pick two premiums from the same side in the same forward line, and Krakouer is going to fall like a stone.

If you ditch Otten, Tarrant, Krakouer, Polec and trade in Boak for Stanton or Thompson or McVeigh you can get yourself almost an extra 400k to throw at a genuine premuim player.

B: Goddard, Gibbs, Gilbee, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Hunt (Toy, Hibberd, Puopolo)
C: A. Swallow, Pendlebury, Bartel, D. Swallow, Heppell, Polec (Atley, Wallis, Irons)
F: Riewoldt, Didak, Jetta, Rioli, Goodes, Mzungu, Prestia (Richardson, Matera, Darling)

Clearly Pez only has Boak there to turn into Ablett after GC second bye. I am leaning Cassisi as a 4th mid to do the same.

Heppell has two L's

Good read.

How come though you ripped into the Cox selection, then selected him yourself?

Also nearly every team has Goddard, Gibbs and Deledio who are all Def/Mid all playing in defence. I'm trying to understand the logic in this . Isn;t the benifit of having these MPP in that you can move them around if need be? In your team's cases this is negated by the fact that you can only subsitute them with Heppell??

Also nearly every team has Goddard, Gibbs and Deledio who are all Def/Mid all playing in defence. I'm trying to understand the logic in this . Isn;t the benifit of having these MPP in that you can move them around if need be?

I just think they are the three safe premium defenders.

I mean you could put one in the midfield for more flexibility, but the cost of that is having to find another defensive premium when it's much easier to find a more solid 100ppg midfielder at the same price point.

e.g. would you prefer Gibbs in the backline with Bartel/Salopek/A.Swallow in the midfield.

or Gibbs in the midfield with Bruce/Johncock/Milburn/Enright/Rawlings in the backline.

Pretty much a no brainer for me.

Anyone!!!!! please give a critique of my team. More than willing to return the favour. The one's in BOLD are my queries but i think they have upsides.

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Gwilt, Laidler, Otten, Heppell (Cheney, Coad, Hibberd)

MIDS: Swan, Judd, Chapman, Thomas, Cotchin, Swallow (Djerrkura, Conca, Harris)

RUCKS: Sandilands, Cox (Fraser, Campbell)

FWDS: Franklin, Goodes, R. Murphy, C. Knights, A. Krakouer, R. Gamble, T. Mzungu (M.Motlop, Matera, S. Motlop)

Anyone!!!!! please give a critique of my team. More than willing to return the favour. The one's in BOLD are my queries but i think they have upsides.

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Gwilt, Laidler, Otten, Heppell (Cheney, Coad, Hibberd)

MIDS: Swan, Judd, Chapman, Thomas, Cotchin, Swallow (Djerrkura, Conca, Harris)

RUCKS: Sandilands, Cox (Fraser, Campbell)

FWDS: Franklin, Goodes, R. Murphy, C. Knights, A. Krakouer, R. Gamble, T. Mzungu (M.Motlop, Matera, S. Motlop)

I think Duigan has Laidler covered and is less than half the price. I don't know what Djerrkura costs but just get a rookie. That should probably free up enough to bring Riewoldt into the forward line for R.Murphy. Cheap forwards need some work. I would be sacrificing one of Thomas/Cotchin to rookie to do so. Chapman is injury query, ditto Geelong Motlop who is no certainty to play anyway. Don't know about Marlon Motlop either.

Found a way to get Goddard in my team.

Please rate out of 10. $300 left. Thanks.

Untitled-10.jpg

I just think they are the three safe premium defenders.

I mean you could put one in the midfield for more flexibility, but the cost of that is having to find another defensive premium when it's much easier to find a more solid 100ppg midfielder at the same price point.

e.g. would you prefer Gibbs in the backline with Bartel/Salopek/A.Swallow in the midfield.

or Gibbs in the midfield with Bruce/Johncock/Milburn/Enright/Rawlings in the backline.

Pretty much a no brainer for me.

Yeah good point, if you are picking then because you think they are the best defensive options (Goddard obviously is) but I think alot of people are jumping on Gibbs and Delideo because they are MPP.

As you said there is much more choice with mids and the premium backs aren;t all that appealing.

But the flexability of having a MPP is very handy when shuffling your team around throughout the year.

Maybe a bit high risk/high reward but what do people think about this

Def - Goddard, Gibbs, Grundy, Grimes, E Wood, Puopolo, Mckernan, Hine, Hibberd, Dugain

Mid - Pendlebury, Priddis, Boak, Goodes, Stanton, Ward, Mzunga, I Smith, Wallis

Ruck - Cox, Jolly, Z Smith, Derickx

Fwd - Riewoldt, Pavlich, R Okeefe, Sylvia, Higgins, Dangerfield, Krakouer, Matera, Richardson, Skinner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

stay away from lake and look to get him in as an upgrade
dont think mcgovern is a good choice, try toy, duigan, puopolo.

too many risks in the mid especially cooney, and kerr. Will wallis play from round 1?

fraser is terrible r2. and you need sandi in there.

too many risks in the fwd too with sylvia, petrie, krak, higgins and callinan in out for 12 weeks.

sorry mate but you've got heaps of work to do

Only a little bit deflating this message, i was up and about with my team. I guess this is why we use the forum.

Hi guys,

can you have a look at mine and let me know what you think.

Defenders: Goddard, Gibbs, Enright, Grimes, Krakour N, Otten, Heppel (Stanley, Toy, Duigan)

Mids: Swan, Judd, Hodge, Hayes, Swallow, Harris (Polec, Atley, Wallis)

Rucks: Sandilands, Jolly ( Campbell, Bailey)

Forwards: Roo, Pavlich, Goodes, Sylvia, Higgins, Krakour A, Richardson (Mzungu, I smith, Callighan)

Thanks.....

*Review*

Backs - Looks solid. Krakouer is the weak link. You would want to see him return to his 09 avg of 70.4 or else he could easily become dead wood. Its hard to know what sort of role he will play as they seem to have options down back. I wouldn't be hanging onto Stanley if he isn't picked for round 2 either. Hibbered looks a better option there.

Mids - Are you referring to D.Swallow or A.Swallow? Looks as if you've loaded up in your midfield here. Its an obvious risk as if one or two should fall to injury then your side can be slightly de-railed your $$ stocks drop. Hodge is proven and tough as nails but surely he can't match his previous supercoach season?? My tip here would be to downgrade Hodge and free up some cash.

Rucks - The obvious pair. I'd be do everything i can to try and get Z.Smith on my bench though.

Forwards - A good mix of goalkickers and potential ball winners here. I've neve personally been a rap for Pav in supercoach. Goodes looks certain to start forward with Bradshaw having yet another setback. Will this affect his numbers?? I'm also banking on Sylvia and Higgins to have big years. I feel if they flop again then so will my side. I think you mean Callinan on your bench? If so, he's done for the first half of the year so you need a replacement there.

Tips - Your bench looks a little understrength IMO. I'd be downgrading Hodge to free up some cash and be getting the likes of: Hibbered, Matera, Gaff or D.Swallow in there. There's nothing worse than having players on the bench not playing and having to forcefully trade just to fill numbers on the ground. You won't win by doing this.

Looking for some feedback on the 2nd version of my team:

DEF:
Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Adcock, Otten, Heppell (Toy, Duigan, Puopolo).
Mid: Swan, Judd, J.Selwood, Montagna, D.Swallow, Harris (Atley, Hibberd, I.Smith)
Rucks: Sandilands, Cox (Z.Smith, Derickx)
Forward: N.Riewoldt, Franklin, Pavlich, Rioli, Krakouer, Mzungu, C.Richardson (Prestia, Matera, Darling)

My Team.....

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Bruce, Grimes, Otten, Heppell (duigan, puopolo, hibberd)

Mids: Swan, Judd, Montagna, Bartel, Swallow, Harris (Atley, Smith, Wallis)

Rucks: Sandilands, Cox (Smith, Derickx)

Fwds: Riewoldt, Pavlich, Rioli, Goodes, Krakouer, Richardson, Mzungu (Matera, Mckernan, Kerr)

Cheers

Nearly an identical team to mine (posted above yours) :eek:

Main differences are Franklin V Goodes, Selwood V Bartel, and Adcock V Bruce. In saying that, any criticism of your team would be to mine as well, I like it :p

Good read.

How come though you ripped into the Cox selection, then selected him yourself?

Also nearly every team has Goddard, Gibbs and Deledio who are all Def/Mid all playing in defence. I'm trying to understand the logic in this . Isn;t the benifit of having these MPP in that you can move them around if need be? In your team's cases this is negated by the fact that you can only subsitute them with Heppell??

I wanted to get out some of my own reservations on Cox and put him in perspective. He's probably the best value ruck if you don't have the cash for Sandi. Sandi will probably pip him in my final team, though.

The other three are in defence as the best value down there, nothing to do with the MPP in my view. I think MPP is severely overrated and hardly even makes a big difference.

Previous review done on post #441

Verdicts appreciated:

Backs - Goddard, Deledio, Grimes, Bock, Wood, Otten, Heppell
(Toy, Lower, Duigan)

Mids - Swan, Judd, Selwood, Burgoyne, J.Kennedy, Harris
(Gaff, Mzungu, Hibbered)

Rucks - Sandilands, Goldstein
(Smith, Bathie (dunno who he is either!))

Forwards - Riewoldt, Rioli, O'Keefe, Higgins, Yarran, Knights, Krakouer
(Matera, Richardson, Smith)

Thoughts?

Ah fair enough, makes sense now. Mind you, I only found out what MPP meant today :eek:

My side FWIW:

Backs - Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Otten, R.Tarrant, Heppel (Puopolo, Hibberd, Duigan)
Mids - Swan, Boyd, Watson, Foley, Swallow, Harris (Iles, Atley, Wallis)
Rucks - Sandi, Cox (Smith, Derickx)
Forwards - Riewoldt, Franklin, Pavlich, Goodes, Giansiracusa, Higgins, Jurrah (McKernan, Mzunga, Richardson)

Looking for some feedback on the 2nd version of my team:

DEF:
Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Adcock, Otten, Heppell (Toy, Duigan, Puopolo).
Mid: Swan, Judd, J.Selwood, Montagna, D.Swallow, Harris (Atley, Hibberd, I.Smith)
Rucks: Sandilands, Cox (Z.Smith, Derickx)
Forward: N.Riewoldt, Franklin, Pavlich, Rioli, Krakouer, Mzungu, C.Richardson (Prestia, Matera, Darling)

In a bit of strife in round 6 with that team.

Not the best mate. In fact it's quite terrible. A couple of risks are okay, and is usually what separates the contenders from the pretenders. But you have guys like Wood, Priddis, Stanton, Ward, Higgins, Dangerfield. It's just unnecessary. You've had to pick these mid price players because you don't have enough rookies starting. Play at least 2 rookies (I suggest Swallow and Harris) in your starting midfield. Krakouer shouldn't be your Fwd 7. Have a look at other teams on here and not many would have him as fwd 7. Start Richardson in the fwd line. You need to balance your team a bit better. Start again and have a look at how some of the other teams on here are structured :)

My Team.....

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Bruce, Grimes, Otten, Heppell (duigan, puopolo, hibberd)

Mids: Swan, Judd, Montagna, Bartel, Swallow, Harris (Atley, Smith, Wallis)

Rucks: Sandilands, Cox (Smith, Derickx)

Fwds: Riewoldt, Pavlich, Rioli, Goodes, Krakouer, Richardson, Mzungu (Matera, Mckernan, Kerr)

Cheers

Thanks mate. I expected this type of response. Not my real team TBH. Just wanted to put together a team which included alot of the players that could be great or terrible to see what it would look like and what people thought. Sick of seeing the sameish looking teams popping up all the time.

In saying that I think you're chosen a pretty good team. You're midfield could be risky come rd 1 with 2 GC rookies and Wallis and Smith (who may not get games) though.

Am i right is saying there is a supercoach bye that round?

It's a league bye, not an overall bye.

Geelong, Hawthorn, Fremantle with the multi bye which does make it tough to pick forwards with guys like Chapman, Varcoe, Duncan, Franklin, Rioli, I.Smith, Pavlich, Mzungu etc all possible picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back