Rate My Team (Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have a crack...

If you can afford it swap Gibbs for Gilbee, really dont like Gilbee as a pick. Can't take a tag and no longer that elite 100+ scorer we saw in past years.

Need a stronger premium in the mids, Goodes won't cut it. Look to upgrade him to a Selwood, Montagna etc. MPP is not worth sacrificing 15 points a game.

Gaff - Get him out now please. Especially if you plan him being on the ground.

Rucks and Forwards look good! Although not 100% sold on Didak's durability.

Good work, mate.

I agree with this.

You could get Selwood or someone similar for Goodes in the mids and then pick up Goodes for Dids in the forwards

Made a few changes over the last week... any advice would be appreciated.

Goddard, Broughton, Enright, Grimes, Adcock, Otten, Heppell (Buckley/Duigan/Toy)

Pendlebury, Selwood, Gibbs, Hayes, Mzungu, Hibberd (Swallow/Harris/Atley)

Sandi, Cox (Moran/Keefe)

N.Riewoltd, Franklin, Rioli, Pav, Higgins, Krakouer, Richardson (Matera/Darling/Smith)

So i dumped Swan for Pendles and upgraded Petrie in fwds to Higgins and Sylvia up to Rioli

Also got rid of Deledio for Gibbs in mids... my plan is to Swap Gibbs into the backline for Heppell//Buckley after they make money and get Swan/Ablett/Hodge in middle

Any thoughts?
i have $23,800 left

Still shuffling the team around of course, but this is where im at right now:

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Otten, Heppell, Hibberd (Duigan, Puopolo, Coad)

MID: Pendlebury, Judd, Boyd, Montagna, Kieren Jack, Swallow (Harris, Mzungu, Irons)

RUCK: Sandi, Cox (Derickx, Smith)

FWD: Riedwoldt, Franklin, Pavlich, Yarran, Knights, Krakouer, Prestia (Cam Richardson, Matera, Isaac Smith)

I know there are some holes and that I've loaded up in the midfield.

About $5k in bank

Any help as to where to go from here would be much appreciated, thanks guys.

Do I need more rookies? Better rookies? Is Pavlich past it etc etc

Is it a problem to have so many Defender-midfielders e.g. gibbs deledio heppel in backline and none in the midfield?

If I were to move heppel or hibberd into midfield who should i take out of midfield, and who is anther good cheap back option?

Just wondering if someone could help me out with DPP not sure how to re shuffle my team to bring them in i have both defenders and forwards that both play as midfielders but need to change midfielders but cant work it out.

DEFENDERS: Goddard, Gibbs, Broughton, Grimes, Otten, Heppell.
Krakouer N, Toy, Puopolo.

MIDS: Swan, Judd, Atley, Kennedy J (Sydney), Anthony, Gisberts.
Swallow, Harris, Wallis.

RUCKS: Sandilands, Cox, Campbell, Derickx

FORWARDS: Chapman, Riewoldt, Green, Rioli, Goodes, Krakouer, Richardson
Matera, Kerr R, Mzungu

Thanks for the help if you can
:thumbsu:

Hey guys a it of feedback woud be appreciated thanks.

Backs: B.Goddard, B.Gibbs, B.Deledio, G.Broughton, J.Grimes, A.Otten, D.Heppel (D.Stanley, N.Duigan, P.Puopolo)

Mids: D.Swan, J.Selwood, M.Priddis, T.Cotchin, D.Swallow, D.Harris (A.Gaff, S.Atley, M.Hibberd)

Rucks: A. Sandilands, D.Jolly (Z.Smith, B.McCauley)

Forwards: P.Chapman, N.Riewoldt, M.Pavlich, S.Higgins, C,Knights, A.Krakeour, C.Richardson (B.Matera, J.Darling, I.Smith)

Any thoughts on
- Priddis? picked him as a unique pick although he plays for wc he averages 100+
- Gaff - has he had a good pre season?
- Pavlich or Rioli/Franklin?
-Chapman same boat as pav

OK, so here is my third attemp (havent even saved this team yet, will wait for feedback on it).

Backs:
Brendon Goddard (D/M)
Bryce Gibbs (D/M)
Greg Broughton
Jack Grimes
Andy Otten
Kyle Cheney
One of:
Dyson Heppell (D/M)
Michael Coad
Josh Toy
Nick Duigan

MIDS:
Joel Selwood
Scott Pendlebury
Brett Deledio (M/D)
Liam Anthony
David Swallow
One of
Michael Hibberd (M/D)
Daniel Harris
Tendai Mzungu (M/F)
Andrew Krakouer (F/M)

RUCKS:
Aaron Sandilands
Darren Jolly
Zach Smith
Tom Derrickx

FORWARDS:
Paul Chapman (F/M)
Cyril Rioli
Brad Green
Mark LeCras
Shaun Higgins (F/M)
Chris Knights
Pat Veszpremi
Brandon Matera
Cam Richardson
Jarrod Lyons (or any other first year rookie who is going to play).

+ $194,300

Just a few points before people tell me to do this or do that:

- Kyle Cheney has had a very good pre season, according to tooserious.net Cheney only needs to average 38 over the first three weeks to increase his score, so surely he will do better than this.
- The two Gold Coast defenders in the back half? yes! two that should play a lot of games this year, not sold on many of the other rookie defenders, and one or even both of them may not still be there come round 7 (is it when they have the second bye?) so just a good old fashioned cash cow.
- Reallt like the mids, if everything goes well, potentially I may not have to do anything to it at all (unless I am in the right place at the right time, re: gun player drops to a right upgrade price.
- Rucks look good, thought do I go with the stock standard or do I look at utilising the MPP and try and work in Hale/Petrie combo?
- Quite a few risks on the forwards, Brad Green has been a mainstay in supercoach for the past few years, holding an average over 90 in every year since 05 bar his injury ravaged 09 season (still managed an 85 average over 12 games.
- Higgins and Knights are worth far to much to just be left alone, whilst LeCras has been ear marked for a far greater midfield role that could bump up his scoring.
- The 'Vez' is the most interesting one of my team, traded in for greater opportunities points to him playing a lot of games, again, according to TooSerious.net, he only needs to average ny on 50 to not drop in price (in seeing this, I may think about changing him, but to whom? a rookie?).

Any ways, just some justifications on a few players, I think the forward line is the biggest risk reward I have with the rest of my team really well suited.

Personally i really like the cheney choice, once upon a time he was touted as a future star perhaps all he needed was a change of scenery to get the best footy out of him? I also like the Lecras choice well worth the risk imo, little Gaz was a handy forward for a few years until he built up the engine to move into the midfield and start tearing it up. Lecras obvioulsy has the skills and footy smarts to boot so if he does play up the ground this year there is a huge upside to him. Also the Vez has had big wraps on him for a while now but not alot of opportunity so more game time could be just the thing for him... Lots of upside allround if you ask me, but what happens if they all fail to fire?
Here's mine, much the same but hopefully the recycled blokes lift their game and the kids go okay... Few risks i know any feedback appreciated..

DEFENDERS: Goddard, Gibbs, Broughton, Grimes, B.Sheppard, Otten, Cheney (Toy, Hibberd, Duigan)

MIDS: Judd, Pendles, Deledio, Gilbee, J. Kennedy, D.Swallow(Harris, Mzungu, Atley)

RUCKS: Sandi, Petrie (Smith, Bailey)

FORWARDS: N.Riewoldt, Rioli, S.Johnson, Higgins, Rohan, Krakouer, Gamble (Matera, I.Smith, J.Darling)

Ok, personally i think i am close to something pretty good.
Any ideas on fine tuning this team ??
I know my midfield looks a bitt iffy especially with Foley, but i expect big things this year. Especially because i have seen him in person and he looks as if he is about to explode.
Thanks in advance for the review. :)

Backs - Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes,Hurley, Otten, Heppel (Faulks, Toy, . Puopolo)

Mids - Swan, Montagna, Murphy, Kennedy, Foley, Polek, (Harris, Atley, Wallis )

Rucks - Sandi, Cox (Campbell, Derickx)

Forwards - Riewoldt, Franklin, Rioli, M. Morton, Vespremi, Krakouer, , Richardson (Matera, Mzunga, Callinan)

$31,300 left

Just need to pick another rookie to be honest.. no biggy :D
I think he means the MPP conection.

If applicable, one option is to;
1. Get rid of Mzungu
2. Bring in Ben Jacobs as 3rd sub Mid (this gives you MPP to the backs, although he does have Glandular Fever but he should be good in a few weeks)
3. Shift Heppell from M6 to B7
4. Shift Krakouer from F7 to M6 (this gives you MPP to the Forwards)
5. Replace Krakouer in the fwds.

goddard
gibbs
delideo
shaw
otten
heppell
coad
toy
duigan
hibberd

swan
judd
selwood
cross
swallow
polec
conca
atley
harris

sandilands
cox
keffee
smith

franklin
j riewoldt
sylvia
higgins
krakouer
gamble
richardson
matera
mzungu
i smith

forward line needs another premium... $262k left... thinking of swapping swan for pendels, upgrading sylvia to riewoldt...

please let me know what you think

Defense: Goddard Gibbs Grimes Drummond Otten Heppell Toy
Faulks - Duigan - Puopolo

Mids: Swan Montagna Sylvia Foley Swallow
Harris - Mzungu - Hibberd

Ruck: Sandilans Cox
Smith - Derickx

Fwd: Riewoldt Franklin Rioli StevieJ Higgins Krakouer Richardson
Prestia Talia Lamb

$13.900 in the kitty what should i do

Hey guys a it of feedback woud be appreciated thanks.

Backs: B.Goddard, B.Gibbs, B.Deledio, G.Broughton, J.Grimes, A.Otten, D.Heppel (D.Stanley, N.Duigan, P.Puopolo)

Mids: D.Swan, J.Selwood, M.Priddis, T.Cotchin, D.Swallow, D.Harris (A.Gaff :thumbsdown:, S.Atley, M.Hibberd)

Rucks: A. Sandilands, D.Jolly (Z.Smith, B.McCauley)

Forwards: P.Chapman, N.Riewoldt, M.Pavlich, S.Higgins, C,Knights :thumbsdown:, A.Krakeour, C.Richardson (B.Matera, J.Darling, I.Smith)

Overall not a bad side ... quite similar to mine

Any thoughts on
- Priddis? picked him as a unique pick although he plays for wc he averages 100+ Being in Perth and hearing/seeing the goss on WC players, I would avoid as many coasters as possible .... only viable option in my opinion is premium cox and rookie darling
- Gaff - has he had a good pre season? He has but hasnt shown too much in the pre-season ... in a likely bottom 4 team he will struggle
- Pavlich or Rioli/Franklin? I worry about franklin and his long term availability (suspension etc) .. Rioli is a good pick .... Pav is quality but is getting on a bit .... he tends to have a good month - 6 week period where he kills it SC wise, but then not much else throughout the year.... i see him more as a opportunistic purchase after he has a good couple of games .. get him in, enjoy the ride then cash out when it slows down
-Chapman same boat as pav
i am worried about the groin talk about him, but he is too good a player to not include in your team ... he is clearly better than most other forward options

My team for Round 1 (at the moment until I hear from the BF faithful!):

Backs: Goddard (B/M), Gibbs (B/M), Deledio (B/M), Broughton (now mzungu is doubtful his stock rises imo), J Grimes, Cheney, Hibberd (sell off shortly after making some $$)
Bench: B Smith, Toy, Duigan

Mids: Swan, Judd, Boyd, A Swallow, Higgins (M/F - open up options when byes happen), Atley
Bench: D Swallow, D Harris, D Heppell (M/B - here for MPP purposes for cover in the back should I need it)

Rucks: Sandilands, Cox
Bench: Z Smith, Derrickx

Forwards: Chapman (F/M - worried about his groin but if any problems, buddy or rioli here would free up serious cash), N Reiwoldt, Dangerfield (F/M), Krakouer (F/M), Gamble (cant find anyone else here??), C Richardson, Darling
Bench: Prestia (F/M), Matera, I Smith (F/M)

Cash left over $63,100

After round 1, Smith goes to midfield for Higgins, Swallow and Harris start in the mid ... Atley as a reserve ...... then either gamble/richardson/darling to the bench depending on round 1 results

Variations to the above will happen depending on injuries etc going into the season .... 3/4 options back and forward to flow through the mids ....

Any feedback on this strategy? ..... Am I missing anyone obvious? ....

Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he means the MPP conection.

If applicable, one option is to;
1. Get rid of Mzungu
2. Bring in Ben Jacobs as 3rd sub Mid (this gives you MPP to the backs, although he does have Glandular Fever but he should be good in a few weeks)
3. Shift Heppell from M6 to B7
4. Shift Krakouer from F7 to M6 (this gives you MPP to the Forwards)
5. Replace Krakouer in the fwds.

Any other players people think will play round 1 who are midfielder/forwards?

Am trying to squeeze in Higgins into the midfield, but not sure who I drop from the midfield whilst leaving myself open to a good medium priced/rookie forward short.

Here she goes.

Goddard Gibbs Deledio Duffield H,Shaw A Otten Heppel Reserves Strauss Puopolo Duigan

Swan Judd Pendlebury Jack J.Kennedy D.Swallow Reserves Harris M.Wallis C,Beams

Sandilands M.Clarke Reserves M.Bailey Z.Smith

N.Riewoldt Franklin Hurley Dawes Mzungu Krakouer C,Richardson Reserves Prestia Smedts Callinan

Thoughts appreciated thanks guys

Here she goes.

Goddard Gibbs Deledio Duffield H,Shaw A Otten Heppel Reserves Strauss Puopolo Duigan

N.Riewoldt Franklin Hurley Dawes Mzungu Krakouer C,Richardson Reserves Prestia Smedts Callinan

Ok I haven't rated anyones team yet but I'll have a go. Not keen on Shaw mate doesn't seem to be the scorer he was a couple of years ago. I would probably look at downgrading Jack or Kennedy for a rookie and using that cash to upgrade Shaw as well as Dawes as i don't think he will ave enough to be a keeper. You also need to keep an eye on Mzungu as he got injured yesterday and Callinan who is out for about 10 weeks. Hope that helps a bit:thumbsu:

Here she goes.

I like the selection of Heath Shaw. Possibly has some upside this year and apart from Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio there are not a lot of premium defenders that are particularly enticing.
I'm not sure about Strauss. Why not go for a Gold Coast defender such as Coad, Toy or Stanley.
If you put Hibberd into your midfield it will allow you to use MPP with Heppell and Hibberd might play earlier than Wallis or Beams.
I like the idea of having both Swan and Pendlebury, but it might leave you with a donut when Collingwood have the bye though. Might be worth the risk though.
Don't select Mitch Clark. He will make you want to smash your TV by Round 3. Had a terrible year last year in a terrible team. You could get Jolly or Cox for not much more.
Mzungu and Callinan are both injured.
Not sure about going with both Hurley and Dawes. I'd turn one of these into a rookie to free up some cash to upgrade the other one or someone like Clark to a premium.
Prestia and Smedts??? Maybe Matera, Darling and McKernan might be better options? Hard to know with the rookies prior to the teams being released.

Ok I haven't rated anyones team yet but I'll have a go. Not keen on Shaw mate doesn't seem to be the scorer he was a couple of years ago. I would probably look at downgrading Jack or Kennedy for a rookie and using that cash to upgrade Shaw as well as Dawes as i don't think he will ave enough to be a keeper. You also need to keep an eye on Mzungu as he got injured yesterday and Callinan who is out for about 10 weeks. Hope that helps a bit:thumbsu:

Thanks for that Badga,valid points taken on board.appreciate that mate:thumbsu:

Done some re-working.

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Otten, Heppell (Toy, Puopolo, Watson)

Midfielders Swan, Monatgna, Bartel, A.Krakouer, Swallow, Gaff (Harris, Hibberd, Irons)

Rucks Sandilands, Cox (Smith, J.Tippet)

Forwards Chapman, Riewoldt, Didak, Pavlich, Knights, Petrie, Matera (Richardson, I.Smith, McKernan)

+ $43,200

With Shaw you'll know what you're getting from the first bounce. :D If they put a forward tag on him, 60-80. If they let him run free, 120+. lol
Thats' true. I haven't got him in my team, but he could be a good semi-unique pick. He averaged 90 last year, but in previous years averaged 95, 92, 108, 102. Do you pick him because there aren't a lot of great defenders to pick from and he has the potential average 100? Or if you want him do you wait for the inevitable three consecutive weeks of 60-80 which plumets his price to $350,000? I don't know, but at $439,000 he's not a great risk. Just a matter of whether the selection pays off or not.

Done some re-working.

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Otten, Heppell (Toy, Puopolo, Watson)

Midfielders Swan, Monatgna, Bartel, A.Krakouer, Swallow, Gaff (Harris, Hibberd, Irons)

Forwards Chapman, Riewoldt, Didak, Pavlich, Knights, Petrie, Matera (Richardson, I.Smith, McKernan)

+ $43,200

Nice looking team mate. I haven't been too impressed with Gaff during the pre-season but could still put up a reasonable ave during the actual season. I think Knights is a risk well worth taking although I'm not so sure that is the case with Petrie, might be best to wait until round 5 to see how he is tracking before you get him in

Done some re-working.

+ $43,200

*Rookies to change come round 1 teams released I assume? :p *

I really like this side.. a lot, looks a lot like mine.

- Couple of things though, not sure on Watson to be honest, but you'll get the job done right ;)
- I think you will find Irons picked up an injury yesterday (or Friday maybe), but again you will get the job done. Also, not so sure on three rookies starting in the midfield, unless you are that confident that Krakouer or/and Swallow are going to be 'keepers' and average 70 + for the year.
- I like your forward line, very high risk reward for the season.
- Been thinking that Bartell may be on the slide so a downgrade to Boak may be a better option, use that money to upgrade a mid priced player anywhere.

My updated version:

BACKS: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, A.Otten, Heppell (Toy, Puopolo, Duigan)
MIDFIELD: Swan, J.Selwood, Montagna, Boak, D.SWallow, A.Krakouer
(D.Harris, Hibberd, R.Bewick [or insert any rookie less than $110,200])
RUCKS: Sandilands, Cox
(Z.Smith, Derrickx)
FORWARDS: N.Riewoldt, Green, Rioli, Higgins, Knights, Richardson, Skinner
(Darling, McKernan, Matera).

+ $28,900

...I'm not so sure that is the case with Petrie, might be best to wait until round 5 to see how he is tracking before you get him in

I think Petrie could be a perfect downgrade for a player like Knights come round 5 when Petrie is about to rise. Use that money to upgrade a player like Otten or Knights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back