Status
Not open for further replies.
Goddard - Hodge - H.Shaw - Mackie - Dempsey - Malceski - Hunt
Bartel - Selwood - Ball - M.McVeigh - Martin - Barlow
Sandilands - Naitanui
Riewoldt - Higgins - Giansiracusa - Franklin - Tippett - Ziebell - Dangerfield

Rookies picked next week.
Approx $80,000 left

In short, solid and balanced right across the board. Not totally sold on Ziebell and perhaps your forwards lack one more premium but that aside, one of the better teams I have seen on here.

ok guys here is my team

DEF: Duffeild, Hodge, Shaw, Dempsy, Malceski, Hunt, Waters (Farmer, Mcguire)

MID: Bartel, J. Selwood, Ball, Armitage, McVeigh, Martin (Barlow, Banner)

RUCK: Clark, Naitanui (Warnock, Skipper)

FWD:Riewoldt, ROK, Pavlich, Franklin, Gray, Betts, Dangerfeild (Rockliff, Gumbleton)

34.6K in the bank, any thoughts? no sure about Betts, if i should go for a hall, zeibell or ballantyne instead?
also looking for a suitable rooking option to replace farmer, preferably someone who is expected to play a majority of the games this year.

thanks in advance

Any tips for a forward under 117,000? I already have Rockliff and Gumbleton on the bench.

And thoughts on Hille? Too injury prone for a starter?

Enright, Duffield, Fisher, Hodge, Shaw, Ladson, Hunt................ Maguire, Trengove

Selwood, Mitchell, Cooney, Ball, Trengove, Martin............. Barlow, Banner/Shuey etc

Clark, Hille....... Skipper, A.N.Other

Voldt, Gia, Buddy, Gray, Medhurst, Hall, Dangerfield.......... Rockliff, Hitchcock/Gumby etc

Cons: Obviously no standout captain choice each week. Only 6k left in the bank.

Pros: Not many starting rookies. Easy upgrades if a few dont turn into keepers.

Opinions? :thumbsu: or :thumbsdown: :D

He'll only average about 50-60. He's averaging about 12-15 touches in the games he's played so far.

He had 30 possessions against Adelaide for 103 DT points. Did you miss that game ? He was relatively quiet against West Coast on the weekend.

You follow Brisbane - do you have any idea what Rich scored in his first two NAB matches last year ? He scored 46 and 39 for an average of 43. Palmer the year before ? 46 and 42. How did Stephen Hill look at the beginning of last year ? Have you seen Trengove as a junior ? You're severely underrating him to your own detriment. The NAB Cup is the perfect entree for these juniors to get a taste. You'll be very surprised by how he scores throughout the year.

Trengove will average 70, or better, imo. Hamish Hartlett averaged 65 last year and I'd be very surprised if he didn't exceed that number for the following reasons: he's already had experience against men in the SANFL (4 times out of 7 named in Sturt's best); he already has a more developed physique at a comparable stage; and his game is made for DT in that he kicks more than handballs, is a great mark and also has a history of kicking goals. He was the highest DT scorer in the 5 matches at the national junior champs last year.

He'll play a minimum of 20 games, but I'll be surprised if he and Scully don't play every one. As an example, Bennell and Jetta played 16 and 15 last year respectively, coming from considerably further back from a preparation view point. People are taking too much notice of the spin from Melb's footy dept. - "we won't overload them, blah blah blah". Trengove is already in the top 4 endurance athletes at the club along with Scully, Morton and Jones.

Good luck without him in your team. :thumbsu:

why would you swap dempsey with ladson? dempsey is by far the more in form player.

I had Dempsey in my team up until a week ago. I reckon he's a pretty sound pick and shows all the signs as having a break-out year. He'll also benefit from Lovett and McPhee no longer being at the club. He's a real chance to average 75 if he comes of age. The class is undoubted and last year he was in the top 10 kicks in the league from CD stats.

So why did I drop him ? If Ladson regains confidence and form (apperently he played well against Brisbane) he has a proven history of being able to average over 70 for an entire season. He's done it twice - 72 and 76. So, exposed form/history suggests that he's the safer pick as he's done it previously. Also, prior to last year when he was injured, he had 3 years of 25, 22 and 22 games. He played 69 of 71 games in those 3 years.

When one factors in the issue that he's 75K cheaper than Dempsey then it becomes quite reasonable to give Ladson the nod.

teamyo.png

49K left in the bank. Any advice welcome.

teamyo.png

49K left in the bank. Any advice welcome.

Decent looking team, 3 rookies starting will be popular amongst some....personally i see maybe a little too much risk with that. Forwards...Rockliff starting could be risky as well and of course the Mal/Hunt/Waters starting combination could also be dangerous. I'd probably downgrade Ablett and Harvey and spend the extra cash through both the backline and forwards......

Decent looking team, 3 rookies starting will be popular amongst some....personally i see maybe a little too much risk with that. Forwards...Rockliff starting could be risky as well and of course the Mal/Hunt/Waters starting combination could also be dangerous. I'd probably downgrade Ablett and Harvey and spend the extra cash through both the backline and forwards......

Thanks mate. Your concerns are similiar to mine. Rockliff looks like he'll be around the 20th-25th picked player for the Lions and that's a worry. With a fair amount of rookie mids I really wanted to put some scores on the board in the mids in the way of Ablett and Bartel to even that out. I think I will get rid of one injury prone backs soon.

There's certainly an element of risk with this team. Still got over a week to make some decisions. Thanks for the advice.

Continually updating.......thoughts.....

Backs
Enright, Doughty, Hodge, Harbrow, Dempsey, Ladson, Hunt....Maguire, Silvagni

Mids
Bartel, Boyd, Pendles, Mackay, Martin, Barlow.......Trengove, Banner

Rucks
Clark, Ottens......Warnock, Skipper

Forwards
Riewoldt, ROK, Gia, Franklin, Gray, Warren, Dangerfield.....Rockliff, Gumby

I know Ottens in the ruck is risky at this stage. I can downgrade Buddy to a 280k player and upgrade Ottens to Tippet........unsure at this stage...could also downgrade Pendles to maybe a Mitchell price player as well.....any thoughts.....

Hi Guys,

Not long now until the start of round 1 and i like evryone else have been changing my team constantly over the last few weeks to try and find the right balance.

Looking at club feedback, NAB Cup/Challenge Scores etc i have come up with the following team...

I would appreciate any positive/negative feedback on this team

BACKLINE
GODDARD Brendan
ENRIGHT Corey
HODGE Luke
SHAW Heath
LADSON Rick
WATERS Beau
MAGUIRE Matt

DAVIES MArcus
NASON Ben

MIDFIELD
ABLETT Gary
BARTEL Jimmy
MITCHELL Sam
THOMPSON Scott
JETTA Lewis
MARTIN Dustin

BARLOW Michael
BASTINAC Ryan

RUCKS
COX Dean
HILLE David

WARNOCK Robbie
SKIPPER Wayde

FORWARDS
RIEWOLDT Nick
JOHNSON Steve
DAVIS Leon
GIANSIRACUSA Daniel
MEDHURST Paul
DANGERFIELD Patrick
ROCKLIFF Tom

DENNIS LANE-Trent
ROBERTS Relton

my one concern with this team is a bit of risk with players returning from injury, however i believe those players returning from injury if they stay fit can score highly for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Continually updating.......thoughts.....

Backs
Enright, Doughty, Hodge, Harbrow, Dempsey, Ladson, Hunt....Maguire, Silvagni

Mids
Bartel, Boyd, Pendles, Mackay, Martin, Barlow.......Trengove, Banner

Rucks
Clark, Ottens......Warnock, Skipper

Forwards
Riewoldt, ROK, Gia, Franklin, Gray, Warren, Dangerfield.....Rockliff, Gumby

I know Ottens in the ruck is risky at this stage. I can downgrade Buddy to a 280k player and upgrade Ottens to Tippet........unsure at this stage...could also downgrade Pendles to maybe a Mitchell price player as well.....any thoughts.....

Fairly solid team. Lots of value and it looks like it's in the mould of previous years winning teams. Unfortunately it can also go pair shaped if Harbrow, Dempsey, Mackay, Gray, Warren and Dangerfield don't kick on. You'll be left wondering if they are worth burning a trade to get rid of or plunking them as your 7th/6th. That's without mentioning Hunt and Ladson who aren't really premiums either when fully fit.

Of course not all these players won't make it, some will and possibly all will(that's the gamble). I tried a very similiar set up last year and finished outside the top 1000 for the first time in 4 years. Fair to say it didn't work for me but that's not to say it won't work for you this year.

Fairly solid team. Lots of value and it looks like it's in the mould of previous years winning teams. Unfortunately it can also go pair shaped if Harbrow, Dempsey, Mackay, Gray, Warren and Dangerfield don't kick on. You'll be left wondering if they are worth burning a trade to get rid of or plunking them as your 7th/6th. That's without mentioning Hunt and Ladson who aren't really premiums either when fully fit.

Of course not all these players won't make it, some will and possibly all will(that's the gamble). I tried a very similiar set up last year and finished outside the top 1000 for the first time in 4 years. Fair to say it didn't work for me but that's not to say it won't work for you this year.

Yeah thanks for that. I can see what you're saying. I'm reasonably happy with the structure at this stage. It's more playing around with different players I have in mind around the similar price ranges. I know a risk or two...or three...will have to be taken, that's half the fun yeah?!?!

Ok so, with just over a week left I've finally done mine:

Defenders: Goddard, Goodwin, C. Cornes, Gilbee, Hurn, Greenwood, Thursfield, Maguire, J. Trengove (Port)

Midfield: Montagna, Vince, Burgoyne, Hartlett (Port), J. Trengove (Mel), Martin, L. Jetta (Syd), Shuey

Ruck: Sandilands, Clark, Warnock (Car), Lobbe

Forwards: Pavlich, Higgins, Gray, Tippett, Ziebell, Hall, Dangerfield, Rockliff, Tapscott

Yea or nay? I want David Mackay, but that would be too many Crows.

BACKS: goddard,engright,hodge,kennelly,hunt,ladson,waters
emg: maguire,shepheard,

MID: gazza,swan,watson,m.mcVeigh* subed for barlow for round1*martin,trengove EMG barlow,contin

RUCKS: sandilands,ottens EMG warnock,trengove

FOW: roo,pav,brown,harvey,r.murphy,gray,danger
EMG hitchcock,TDL

what do you guys think having swan and gazza in the same team to much cash used?

My Team:

DEF: Goddard, Enright, Duffield, Hodge, Shaw, Ladson, Hunt
RES: Waters & Maguire

MID: Bartel, Boyd, Ball, Skully, Trengove, Martin
RES: Barlow & Banner

RUC: Sandiland, Natinui
RES: Warnock & Skipper

FWD: Goodes, Lockyer, Gian, Murphy, Ziebell, Hall, Dangerfield
RES: Dennis-Lane & Tapscott

A pretty solid team? I decided to take Hall as a risk because he may have a temper but I can see him being a serious go-to man for the dogs and racking up some consistant points far beyond his current price tag.

BACKS: goddard,engright,hodge,kennelly,hunt,ladson,waters
emg: maguire,shepheard,

MID: gazza,swan,watson,m.mcVeigh* subed for barlow for round1*martin,trengove EMG barlow,contin

RUCKS: sandilands,ottens EMG warnock,trengove

FOW: roo,pav,brown,harvey,r.murphy,gray,danger
EMG hitchcock,TDL

what do you guys think having swan and gazza in the same team to much cash used?

Not a bad team, but I think your a little heavily invested in a few very expensive players. Your list will look nice at the top but thin out very quickly which will translate into a lot of reliance on those players to perform rather than having 14+ good players to rely on.

Need some help :D

Backs - Goddard, Enright, Hodge, H. Shaw, Mackie, Kennelly, Hunt
(Maguire, Silvagni)

Mids - Bartel (c), Boyd, Ball, Masten, Martin, Barlow
(Shuey, Banner)

Rucks - Sandilands, Hille
(Warnock, Skipper)

Forwards - Roo, ROK, Gia, Grey, Zeibell, Hall, Dangerfield
(Rockliff, Podsiadly)

A big 0 left in kitty lolz,

Concerns over Hille - but should be back on track...
3 Cats in defence.....
An option i have is to go Mackie/Hille OUT Dempsey/Tippett IN

thx for help,

Backs - B.Goddard, L.Hodge, H.Shaw, L.Gilbee, H.O'Brien, R.Ladson, J.Hunt (P.Davis and J.Trengove (port))

Midfield - J.Selwood VC, S.Mitchell, A.Cooney, L.Ball, J.Trengove, D.Martin (M.Barlow and L.Shuey)

Rucks - D.Hille, N.Naitanui (R.Wornock and M.Lobbe)

Forwards - N.Riewoldt C, A.Goodes, J.Brown, S.Higgins, K.Tippet, J.Ziebell, B.Hall (T.Dennis-Lane and J.Podsiadly)

whats are you thought??? any glaring mis picks?? maybe some suggestions on some swaps. thanks in advance

yeah good team, i'd lose waters get ladson. lose harvey and get goodes or buddy, apart from that awesome!

DEF: GODDARD, GRIMES, LADSON, HODGE, CARAZZO, HUNT, KENNELLY (MAGUIRE, M DAVIES)

MID: ABLETT, SELWOOD, GIBBS, TRENGROVE, MARTIN, MORABITO (BANNER, BARLOW)

RUCK: TIPPETT, KREUZER (WARNOCK, LOBBE)

FWD: RIEWOLDT, GOODES, GIANSIRICUSA, FRANKLIN, GRAY, DANGERFIELD, ZIEBELL (PODSIADLY, DENNIS-LANE)

$46K LEFT

any help greatly appreciated

How's this look fellas? Kinda looks the same as every other team here LOL

B - Goddard, Enright, Hodge, Harbrow, Shoenmakers, Hunt, Waters (Maguire, Silvagni)

M - GAJ, Gibbs, Selwood, Trengove, Martin, Barlow (Banner, Shuey)

R - Sandilands, Clark (Skipper, Lobbe)

F - Reiwoldt, ROK, Pavlich, Harvey, Ziebell, Hal, Dangerfield (Rockliff, Pods)

Deciding whether to go with the 3 rookie midfield approach or not.

2 rookie mid:
Backs - B.Goddard, Enright, L.Hodge, H.Shaw, Malceski, Waters, J.Hunt (Maguire, Silvagni)

Midfield - J Bartell (C), J.Selwood , S.Mitchell, L.Ball, Barlow, D.Martin (Banner and L.Shuey)

Rucks - D.Hille, Sandilands(R.Wornock and Trengrove)

Forwards - N.Riewoldt (VC), Okeefe, Pavlich, Gray, Medhurst, J.Ziebell, Dangerfield(Rockliff, J.Podsiadly)

OR 3 rookie mid:
Backs - B.Goddard, Enright, L.Hodge, H.Shaw, Duffield, Waters, J.Hunt (Maguire, Silvagni)

Midfield - J Bartell (C), J.Selwood , L.Ball, Trengrove, Barlow, D.Martin (Banner and L.Shuey)

Rucks - D.Hille, Clark (R.Wornock and Trengrove)

Forwards - N.Riewoldt (VC), Giansiracusa, Pavlich, Gray, Medhurst, J.Ziebell, Dangerfield(Rockliff, J.Podsiadly)

+20 k

So its basically mitchell, malceski, hille, okeefe Vs Trengrove, Gian, Clark and Duffield +20k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back