Backs: Goddard, Enright, Hodge, Birchall, Kenelly, Hunt, Waters
(Maguire, Davis)

Mids: Pendlebury, Selwood, Mitchell, Deledio, Martin, Trengove
(Shuey, Bastinac)

Rucks: Sandilands, Tippett
(Warnock, Lobb)

Fwds: Brown, Pavlich, Franklin, Kennedy, Ziebell, Reimers, Warren/Dangerfield
(Hitchcock, Podsiadly)

jeez i've tinkered with this team so much and we're still far away!

Backs:
Goddard, Gram, Enright, Hodge, Kennelly, Waters, Farmer (Davis, Trengove)
worried about waters playing round 1, and questions over farmer

Mids:
Bartel, Dal Santo, Armitage, Burgoyne, Masten, Martin, (Jetta, Shuey)
concerns over armitage/masten scoring ability and burgoyne for round 1

Rucks:
Sandilands, Charman, (Warnock, Lobbe)

Forwards:
Riewoldt, O'Keefe, Pavlich, Giansiracusa, Franklin, Warren, Dangerfield (Dennis-Lane, Duncan)
need to get my ressies right, will see round 1

$500 in the bank. thoughts please!

With the number of good rookie choices in the midfield, is the following midfield too risky with a loaded up forward line and defence.

Mid: Bartel, Cooney, Masten, Strauss, Trengove, Martin, (Jetta & Shuey)

And does any see value in Barry Hall @ 280k

dtdude.jpg

lol how did you actually manage to do that?

Not my final team but just looking for some advice

(Maguire, Davis)

(Shuey, Bastinac)

(Warnock, Lobb)

(Hitchcock, Podsiadly)

Reimers could be a good pick. :thumbsu:

Personally I wouldnt get Tippett or Dangerfield. They are both players that have a high impact but only get a moderate amount of the ball. I think Dangerfield has had an interrupted preseason also. He doesnt really seem like a DTer to me.

Some very good photoshopping.. he did well to match up the lines of the field too.

Although you can see cropping lines separating the backs/mids/rucks/fwds.

It's easy to photoshop. Load up in the backline, do a cheap midfield/ forward line........ take a screenshot.

Then load up in the midfield, do a cheap fwdline/ bckline, take another screenshot.

... And again load up in the forward line like above.

Then merge the 3 screenshots.

lol that team above scared me, then i realised the magic of PS.

Here is my millionth attempt.

Backs: Enright, Hodge, Shaw, Symes, Hunt, Ladson, Greenwood
(Trengove, Davis)

Mids: Mitchell, Goodes, Masten, Cotchin, Martin, Conners
(Shuey, Barlow)

Rucks: Sandilands, Hille
(Warnock, Roughie)

Fwds: Roo, Pavlich, Franklin, Higgins, Ziebell, Pav, ROK
(Rockliff, Podsiadly)

(Trengove, Davis)

(Shuey, Barlow)

(Warnock, Roughie)

(Rockliff, Podsiadly)

Good alround team :) But didnt know Pavlich had a twin?

With the number of good rookie choices in the midfield, is the following midfield too risky with a loaded up forward line and defence.

Mid: Bartel, Cooney, Masten, Strauss, Trengove, Martin, (Jetta & Shuey)

And does any see value in Barry Hall @ 280k

It's easy to photoshop. Load up in the backline, do a cheap midfield/ forward line........ take a screenshot.

Then load up in the midfield, do a cheap fwdline/ bckline, take another screenshot.

... And again load up in the forward line like above.

Then merge the 3 screenshots.

Yep, that's what i was hinting.

(Trengove, Davis)

(Shuey, Barlow)

(Warnock, Roughie)

(Rockliff, Podsiadly)

Hard to know what you're forwards really are. I would consider upgrading Masten or Cotchin as would doubt either have huge potential as keepers and downgrading one or two forwards a bit. Apart from that think it's a solid team.

Cheers
Steve van

Not my final team but just looking for some advice

(Maguire, Davis)

(Shuey, Bastinac)

(Warnock, Lobb)

(Hitchcock, Podsiadly)

nothing wrong with your backline, mifield is good, although you might want to reconsider deledio personaly i think there are players with more improvement than him for basicly the same price. rucks good, i think you should reconsider kennedy i think there are better players such as robbie grey for same price, also think you should change Remiers to someone like zeibell for roughly same price. other than that your team looks fine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think someones been toying with photoshop.. theres no way you could fit that all in under salary cap..

what was the go last year? remember some clown claimed they had some code to increase the salary cap or something along those lines.

i reckon he'd been reading too many ps3 cheats.

Okay, I've revised my team on some of the advice previously given. Gumbleton still a concern but I'll wait until the end of the NAB cup to decide on his inclusion.

Thoughts?

cs9CO.jpg

pretty good but i would avoid having both swan and ablett it just cost too much also you have sppent too much on your fowards and not enough on backs try to balance it out by downgrading swan or ablett and upgrading suben to a premium like shaw. also your ruck is bad if you want a cheap ruck go for krezur and tippet, but personaly i think you should upgrade natanui to jolly.

Does it really matter which area of the ground is stronger though? Why does it have to be balanced?

Defenders:
Jason Gram, Xavier Ellis, Matthew Scarlett, Craig Bolton, Andrew Raines, Tadhg Kennelly, Xavier Clarke. Res: Jesse Smith, Matthew Maguire.

Midfielders:
Gary Ablett, Shaun Higgins, Trent Cotchin, Jack Ziebell, Mark McVeigh, Clinton Young. Res: Anthony Morabito, Lewis Jetta

Rucks:
Dean Cox, Nic Naitanui. Res: Robert Warnock, Daniel Currie

Forwards:
Nick Riewoldt, Adam Goodes, Ryan O'Keefe, Lance Franklin, Jarryd Roughead, Amon Buchanan, Liam Jurrah. Res: Matthew Lobbe, Trent Dennis-Lane

What do you think guys?

@Coiler
I'd start again mate. Scarlett, Bolton, Raines, Young, Naitanui, Roughead, Buchanan and Jurrah are all players taht no team should have.

Also the Xavier Ellis twins might have a hard time of it this year. Higgins and Ziebell should be in the mids. McVeigh suspended round one as is Buddy. Lobbe should be in the rucks.

Missing some rookies that should be locked in. Jessie Smith also a questionable pick.

DTdraft3.jpg

What do you think guys? 3 rookies very risky but there is very little to pick from in backs and forwards.

Defenders:
Jason Gram, Xavier Ellis, Matthew Scarlett, Craig Bolton, Andrew Raines, Tadhg Kennelly, Xavier Ellis. Res: Jesse Smith, Matthew Maguire.

Midfielders:
Gary Ablett, Shaun Higgins, Trent Cotchin, Jack Ziebell, Mark McVeigh, Clinton Young. Res: Anthony Morabito, Lewis Jetta

Rucks:
Dean Cox, Nic Naitanui. Res: Robert Warnock, Daniel Currie

Forwards:
Nick Riewoldt, Adam Goodes, Ryan O'Keefe, Lance Franklin, Jarryd Roughead, Amon Buchanan, Liam Jurrah. Res: Matthew Lobbe, Trent Dennis-Lane

What do you think guys?

Solid team! Would stay clear of D.Cox has had slow start to preseason and most likely fall in price. And you might want to change Morabito to Shuey, cheaper and potential higher scoring. Rains is to injury prone and ive been burnt by him twice.

Here my team, edited a millionth time.

Backs: Goodard, Hodge, Waite, Harbrow, Ladson, Hunt and Waters
(McGuire and Trengove)

Midfeild: Bartel, Cooney, Masten, Trengove, Martin and Shuey
(Jetta and Strauss)

Rucks: Sandi and Hill (Warnock and Lobbe)

Forwards: Roo, ROK, Pavlich, Higgins, Franklin, Brown, Zeibell
(Gumbelton and TDL)

Does it really matter which area of the ground is stronger though? Why does it have to be balanced?
because the team i commented on had spent more money in foward line than in the back which is bad becuase this year there are more good cheap players in fowardline than back, meaning you would be better of starting with a slightly stronger stronger backline to ensure that you didnt have to play any crap cheapies in the backline

Yeah you are right it doesn't matter. Its not like a real AFL team where a weak part of the ground can let the others down. In the end you have the same amount of keepers across the park.

WCE Phill, Buddy is supsended round 1 as i'm sure you know. Waite, Hill, Harbrow and Waters all have injury concerns. Otherwise not a bad team. Also watch Brown with the introduction of Fevola.

How much ahve you got in the bank?

@Coiler
I'd start again mate. Scarlett, Bolton, Raines, Young, Naitanui, Roughead, Buchanan and Jurrah are all players taht no team should have.

Also the Xavier Ellis twins might have a hard time of it this year. Higgins and Ziebell should be in the mids. McVeigh suspended round one as is Buddy. Lobbe should be in the rucks.

Missing some rookies that should be locked in. Jessie Smith also a questionable pick.

DTdraft3.jpg

What do you think guys? 3 rookies very risky but there is very little to pick from in backs and forwards.

Interesting midfield strategy, could pay off :thumbsu:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back