Rate My Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 2011 Rate My Team

re post

any thoughts on my team?

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Mackie, Greenwood, Otten, Toy (Puopolo, Cripps, Duigan)

Mid: Swan, Judd, Sylvia, Hill, Houli, Harris (Polec, Heppel, Atley)

Ruck: Sandilands, Jolly (Petrie, Z.Smith)

Forwards: Chapman, Goodes, Franklin, Higgens, Tippet, Krakour, Prestia (Mzungu, I.Smith, Callinan)

Cheers in advance for the advice

Backs look good. Mackie doesn't score well enough in SC. Greenwood is 50/50 not sure he is consistent enough. Mids, Sylvia shouldn't been on there. Houli is an interesting pick. Watch the NAB with him. No Dave Swallow??Rucks good although Petrie shouldn't be on the bench. Maybe Swap Joel Tippet to ruck bench and move Petrie to fwds. Fwds.. Goodes is declining, Higgins is frustrating, likewise Tippet..

My team for round one unless someone suffers a major injury.

Backs - Goodard, Gibbs, Deledio, Enright, Hargraves, Maxwell, Heppell

Mids - Ablett, Swan, Judd, Hodge, Ziebell, D.Shallow

Rucks - Sandilands, Petrie

Fwds - N.Riewoldt, Franklin, Didak, Koschizke, A.Krakouer, Prestia, Mzungu

Players i woul have if i could fit them.

P.Chapman, J.Selwood, J Bartel, B.Rawlings, P.Ryder, J Watson, B.Stanton, J.Brown, H,Shaw and A.Cazzaro

All the bench players are $91,000 players expect for A.Steinberg up forward
Check Hargrave's fitness. Maybe injured?Maxwell? not sure he's a great scorer.Pretty strong midfield.. not really too 'shallow' :thumbsu: Rucks good, Fwds.. Kosi..hmm.. Players you could fit in.. wouldn't have Rawlings, Watson, Stanton, Shaw or even Carazzo mate..

Houli is an interesting one, at Essendon he was under played by Knights and i would expect him to fit nicely into the Tigers midfield.

Side note Richmond have a soild looking midfield this year

Yeah, the thing that sticks in my mind with Houli is that he is fast but a bit of a helicopter king. Bit like our other pick up, Shaun Grigg. Both I expect to be decent signings. Solid midfield especially if Cotch can stay on the park.

Backs: Goddard, Lids, Enright, Gilbee, Hurn, Otten (Coad, Strauss, Duigan)
Mid: Montagna, Pendles, Gibbs, Higgins, Swallow, Gaff (Atley, Libba, Callinan)
Rucks: Sandi, Petrie (fraser, Bailey)
Forwards: Riewolt.n, Franklin, goodes, stevie j, tippet, krak attack, Richardson (Prestia, Mzungu, Darling).
Pretty much all emergancies are subject to nab cup form. Like my structure, and few unique picks also. I know tippet and higgins can be frustrating but think they are both worth the risk.

Goddard Gilbee H.Shaw Carrazzo R.Murphey A.Otten D.Heppell

Swan Judd Bartell Goodes S.Selwood Hibberd

Cox Kruezer

Chapman Reiwoldt Pav Rioli C.Knights D.Petrie Mzunga

Bench
Tape Toy X.Clarke
Swallow Harris Curnow
J.Tippett Charman
Day Callihan Daniher

Any thoughts are appreciated not quite there but a good start i am thinkin
14,100 left over

Would you be able to remember who you started last season with and who you were able to upgrade your midfield?

From memory, my starting midfield was: Ablett, Swan, Dal Santo, Barlow, Scully, Martin. With Trengrove & some other bloke I can't quite remember. I think a guy from Port Adelaide.

Obviously these picks were spot on. From about mid-year I was able to complete a midfield of Ablett, Swan, Judd, Dal Santo, Montagna & Cross.

My team for round one unless someone suffers a major injury.

Backs - Goodard, Gibbs, Deledio, Enright, Hargraves, Maxwell, Heppell

Mids - Ablett, Swan, Judd, Hodge, Ziebell, D.Shallow

Fwds - N.Riewoldt, Franklin, Didak, Koschizke, A.Krakouer, Prestia, Mzungu

Players i woul have if i could fit them.

P.Chapman, J.Selwood, J Bartel, B.Rawlings, P.Ryder, J Watson, B.Stanton, J.Brown, H,Shaw and A.Cazzaro

All the bench players are $91,000 players expect for A.Steinberg up forward

You need to name them for us to be able to give your team a reasoned analysis. But my guess is, if you lock that team in at the start of the year, it will look very similar to your final side. Probably the biggest key to SC is finding the new players who are going to play every game, making money from them and then buying your final side with trades. You've got way too many established players, so you might start off with a few league wins, but if your opponents know what they're doing, they'll have overtaken you by mid-year and you won't have any money to upgrade.

My team at the moment:

Backs
Goddard
Gibbs
Deledio
Johncock
Broughton
Otten
Toy
-----------------
Faulks
Puopolo
Duigan

Mids
Swan
Bartel
Krakouer
Swallow
Heppell
Harris
-------------------
Polec
Mzungu
I. Smith

Rucks
Sandilands
Tippett (Oh, God...at least if I keep it this way, I've got the MPP option)
---------------------
Z. Smith
Bailey

Forwards
Chapman
N. Riewoldt
Franklin
Didak
Sylvia
Knights
Petrie
---------------------
Prestia
S. Motlop
C. Richardson

Goddard Gilbee H.Shaw Carrazzo R.Murphey A.Otten D.Heppell

Swan Judd Bartell Goodes S.Selwood Hibberd

Cox Kruezer

Chapman Reiwoldt Pav Rioli C.Knights D.Petrie Mzunga

Bench
Tape Toy X.Clarke
Swallow Harris Curnow
J.Tippett Charman
Day Callihan Daniher

Any thoughts are appreciated not quite there but a good start i am thinkin
14,100 left over

X is out until round 5 at least, and only that soon with LARS surgery. Avoid initially...maybe a mid-year downgrade target.

pretty please with my team so far, still been doing a few little changes here and there, but for now im pleased..

goddard lake enright deledio gilbee otten heppel (stanley n.lower duigan)

swan judd montagna pendles d.harris conca (blease callinan wallis)

sandi petrie (charman z.smith)

n.riewoldt buddy rok pav krak prestia mzungu (richardson matera i.smith)

112 k left over.... thoughts please?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Backs - Gibbs, Deledio, Enright, Duffield, Hurn, Drummond, Otten
(heppell, toy, duigan)

Mids - Pendelbury, A.Swallow, Bartel, Cooney, D.Swallow, Gaff
(conca, atley, wallis)

Rucks - Ryder, Petrie (Smith, Campbell)

Fwds - N.Riewoldt, Franklin, Pavlich, Rioli, Morton, krakouer, Prestia
(Mzungu, Smith, Darling)

This is obviously a provisional team but about 90% complete barring injuries or what have you.

Backs: Bryce Gibbs, Brett Deledio, Lindsay Gilbee, Jarrod Harbrow, Beau Waters, Dyson Heppell, Josh Toy Jake Batchelor, Nicholas Duigan, Paul Puopolo

Centres: Brendon Goddard, Brent Harvey, Trent Cotchin, Tom Scully, Justin Sherman, David Swallow Andrew Gaff, Jared Polec, Shaun Atley

Rucks: Sam Jacobs, Robert Warnock Jordan Roughead, Tom Derickx

Forwards: Paul Chapman, Nick Riewoldt, Lance Franklin, Ryan O'Keefe, Shaun Higgins, Mitch Morton, Andrew Krakouer Luke Tapscott, Isaac Smith, Ian Callinan

$8,500 left.

Gone for something a little bit different, last few years I've always found it difficult to get the backs and forwards upgraded to a sufficient level, but have never had any real problems getting the mids right. This year I'm stacking the backs and forwards early on and will be using most upgrades on the midfield. Another thing I've decided is rather than go with 2 gun rucks like I have in the past and then a couple of rookies I've decided to go for 3 lower range rucks. All 3 of Roughead Warnock and Jacobs should play a fair few games so this should see me right through the season.

Obviously there could be some tweaks between now and lockout but I'm pretty happy with the current set up of the side. However, I wouldn't mind some feedback so feel free to rip in.

Any obvious improvements?

B: Goddard, Gibbs, Newman, Grimes, Otten, Heppell, Toy
(Duigan, Puopolo, Faulks)

M: Swan, Deledio, Montagna, Carrazzo, Hodge, Harris
(Atley, Wallis, Swallow)

R: Sandilands, Petrie
(Bailey, Campbell)

F: Riewoldt.N, Pavlich, Rioli, Sylvia, Varcoe, Krakouer, Astbury
(Callinan, Smith.I, Mzungu)

$59K left

Feel free to be brutal, any comments appreciated (I will be playing around with the reserves)

Goddard, Lake, Deledio, Shaw, Trengrove, Otten, Moore (Heppel, Jacobs, Toy)

Swan, Burgoyne, Boak, Sylvia, Hartlet, Swallow (D) (Gaff, Atley, Wallis)

Tippett, Fraser (Petrie, Lycett)

Chapman, Riewoldt, Franklin, Didak, Watts, Krakouer, Prestia (Mzungu, Darling, Callinan)

$134 000 in the kitty.

Just made a couple of changes from my last side.

Backs - Goddard, H Shaw, Gibbs, Otten, Deledio, Cripps, Duigan
Emerg - Toy, Coad, Faulks

Midfield - Hodge, Swan, Pendlebury, Rich, Ward
Emerg - Harris, Conca, E Curnow

Emerg - Z Smith, Campbell

Forwards - Riewoldt, R O'Keefe, A Krakouer, Pavlich, Knight, Rioli, Richardson
Emerg - Patrick, Mzungu, I Smith

Any obvious improvements?

B: Goddard, Gibbs, Newman, Grimes, Otten, Heppell, Toy
(Duigan, Puopolo, Faulks)

M: Swan, Deledio, Montagna, Carrazzo, Hodge, Harris
(Atley, Wallis, Swallow)

R: Sandilands, Petrie
(Bailey, Campbell)

F: Riewoldt.N, Pavlich, Rioli, Sylvia, Varcoe, Krakouer, Astbury
(Callinan, Smith.I, Mzungu)

$59K left

Not really. You know the downsides and there's good upside there. Would consider passing on Hodge for now and Varcoe has had a bad shoulder injury for the last 2-3 months, but no huge need to play.

Ruck reserves are shaky, and Z Smith and even Charman might be more popular. Astbury is a good player, but don't think he's worth the $220k above all others in that category.

Everything is s.t. NAB anyway

pretty please with my team so far, still been doing a few little changes here and there, but for now im pleased..

goddard lake enright deledio gilbee otten heppel (stanley n.lower duigan)

swan judd montagna pendles d.harris conca (blease callinan wallis)

sandi petrie (charman z.smith)

n.riewoldt buddy rok pav krak prestia mzungu (richardson matera i.smith)

112 k left over.... thoughts please?

Prestia starting? Nah. Stanley injured. Blease - I'd wait. Mids will be hurt when Pies have the bye. Down Swan and Pendlebury will suck. Watch Conca but I don't think he's likely to do wonderfully, or even play much, early.

Remember to leave a trade for Judd in the GF...

Off Gilbee. Get Gibbs instead

Houli is an interesting one, at Essendon he was under played by Knights and i would expect him to fit nicely into the Tigers midfield.

Side note Richmond have a soild looking midfield this year

I am liking the Houli selection. At training they do a fair bit to get it in his hands. Him or Gaff is occupying my mind.

Backs: Goddard, Lids, Enright, Gilbee, Hurn, Otten (Coad, Strauss, Duigan)
Mid: Montagna, Pendles, Gibbs, Higgins, Swallow, Gaff (Atley, Libba, Callinan)
Rucks: Sandi, Petrie (fraser, Bailey)
Forwards: Riewolt.n, Franklin, goodes, stevie j, tippet, krak attack, Richardson (Prestia, Mzungu, Darling).
Pretty much all emergancies are subject to nab cup form. Like my structure, and few unique picks also. I know tippet and higgins can be frustrating but think they are both worth the risk.

I suppose Hurn is due for a good year - he was terribly frustrating last year as he often copped a tag and I think wasn't quite right for a fair while.

Higgins - urrgghhh. Best of luck, but I have broken that habit this year.

Stevie J and Tippett are capable of single figures, or 150. Up to you, but I am not going there

Expect to get some whiplash with this side. Should be a fun ride.

Feel free to be brutal, any comments appreciated (I will be playing around with the reserves)

Goddard, Lake, Deledio, Shaw, Trengrove, Otten, Moore (Heppel, Jacobs, Toy)

Swan, Burgoyne, Boak, Sylvia, Hartlet, Swallow (D) (Gaff, Atley, Wallis)

Tippett, Fraser (Petrie, Lycett)

Chapman, Riewoldt, Franklin, Didak, Watts, Krakouer, Prestia (Mzungu, Darling, Callinan)

$134 000 in the kitty.
Lake & Didak are underdone due to preseason injuries/surguries. Jacobs has glandular fever.

Playing both Tippett (I assume Kurt but Joel is also listed as a Rk/Fwd) & Petrie in rucks removes the flexibilty of their DP and drastically reduces their appeal. Move one to the forward line. You also have Trengrove in the backs but no Rk/Def player in ruck to take advantage of his DP. Surely Lycett (I know nothing about him) is behind Cox & Nic Nat in the pecking order to get a game for WCE?

Hartlett, Sylvia & Burgoyne are all too injury prone.

You have 4 backs with Def/Mid DP but no midfielders to swap them with again denying you the ability to swap positions to cover byes & injuries.

All up you only have 12 guns and 2 are underdone, 1 is a yoyo (H Shaw), & 2 are injury prone, 3 if you include Chapman.

In short: start again (you said be brutal)

Please comment/critisise my team. i have had a few goes now:

Goddard Gibbs Deledio Grimes R.Shaw Otten Heppell (Faulks, Puopolo, Duigan)

Swan Judd A.Swallow Bartel D.Swallow Gaff (Conca, Harris, Wallis)

Sandilands Tippett (Cordy, Derickx)

Chapman Pav ROK LeCras Knights Petrie Krakouer (Mzungu, I.Smith, Callinan)

any comments would be helpful

Lake & Didak are underdone due to preseason injuries/surguries. Jacobs has glandular fever.

Playing both Tippett (I assume Kurt but Joel is also listed as a Rk/Fwd) & Petrie in rucks removes the flexibilty of their DP and drastically reduces their appeal. Move one to the forward line. You also have Trengrove in the backs but no Rk/Def player in ruck to take advantage of his DP. Surely Lycett (I know nothing about him) is behind Cox & Nic Nat in the pecking order to get a game for WCE?

Hartlett, Sylvia & Burgoyne are all too injury prone.

You have 4 backs with Def/Mid DP but no midfielders to swap them with again denying you the ability to swap positions to cover byes & injuries.

All up you only have 12 guns and 2 are underdone, 1 is a yoyo (H Shaw), & 2 are injury prone, 3 if you include Chapman.

In short: start again (you said be brutal)

*ouch* thanks though!:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back