Rate My Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 2011 Rate My Team

Just a question, does anyone know how Lindsay Gilbee and Ryan Hargrave are travelling from the Bulldogs?

Cheers :thumbsu:

Best to ask on the bulldogs board. Will get a quicker 'more accurate' answer

Have made a couple of changes. But any feedback would be nice:

Goddard Gibbs Broughton Delidio Otten Heppel Tape (campaigner Duigan Puopolo)

Hodge Dal Santo Watson Krakeour Swallow Gaff (Cocna Harris Callinan)

Sandi Jacobs (Z.Smith Bailey)

Roo Franklin Pav Goodes Slyvia Knights Petrie (Day Mzungu I.Smith)

all MPP back/mids. you have no MPP back/mids in your midfield

Not bad although you may have to trade in before round 6:
Franklin/Pav/Mzungu/Smith all have a bye.

Goodes is on the decline, Jacobs not a lock yet (although Nab cup may sort that out).

campaigner would be a concern. May get some games early for media reasons, but when everyone realilzes he can't play :D. Maybe Toy? Your defence is almost identical to mine though.

Defenders Goddard, Lake, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Otten, Heppell, (Toy, Duigan, Puopolo)

Mids Swan, Gibbs, Bartel, Foley, D.Swallow, Gaff (Conca, Hibberd, I.Smith)

Rucks Sandilands, Petrie (Fraser, Z.Smith)

Forwards Chapman, N.Riewoldt, Franklin, Tippett, Knights, A.Krakouer, Mzungu (Richardson, Prestia, Callinan)

Note: Tippett will probably burn me however he can ruck as well. Also $104K left - looking to use when upgrading my cash cows.

Thoughts anyone???

BACKS: C.Enright, H.Shaw ,J.Russell ,N.Bock, B.Waters, J.Gwilt, R.Shaw
EMG: M.Watson, M.Hibberd, N.Duigan

MIDS: B.Goddard, C.Judd, S.Mitchell, S.Hill, T.Scully, D.Swallow
EMG: D.Prestia, E.Curnow, I.Smith

RUCK: A.Sandilands, D.Petrie
EMG: A.Cordy, J.Charman

FWDS: L.Franklin, M.Pavlich, P.Dangerfield, M.Hurley, L.Hansen, G.Rohan, J.Watts
EMG: B.Smedts, S.McKernan, I.Callinan

Thoughts?

Not bad although you may have to trade in before round 6:
Franklin/Pav/Mzungu/Smith all have a bye.

Goodes is on the decline, Jacobs not a lock yet (although Nab cup may sort that out).

campaigner would be a concern. May get some games early for media reasons, but when everyone realilzes he can't play :D. Maybe Toy? Your defence is almost identical to mine though.
Swapped Mzungu and Callinan around fwd/mid. Jacobs not a lock. After what we spent for him? Seems all most silly in a way

Defenders Goddard, Lake, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Otten, Heppell, (Toy, Duigan, Puopolo)

Forwards Chapman, N.Riewoldt, Franklin, Tippett, Knights, A.Krakouer, Mzungu (Richardson, Prestia, Callinan)

Note: Tippett will probably burn me however he can ruck as well. Also $104K left - looking to use when upgrading my cash cows.

Thoughts anyone???
Found an injury list that says Lake is out for 10. Thats why I got rid of him. 2 GC ruckmen as Emg's thats the only other thing I can pick out really

Thoughts anyone???

I'm Pretty sure Lake isinjured for 8-10 weeks. I think you need a proven speedy forward/Midfielder. I really don't think you need Fraser, waste of money imo, considering you have Sandilands, Petrie, Smitth and Tippett.

B.Goddard B.Delidio C.Enright A.Carrazzo J.Adcock
A.Otten D.Heppell (S.Tape N.Duigan M.Hibberd

D.Swan C.Judd N.Dal Santo J.Bartell L.Gilbee
A.Gaff ( D.Swallow D.Harris I.Smith

D.Cox D.Jolly ( J.Tippett J.Charman

N.Reiwoldt M.Pavlich C.Rioli C.Knights D.Petrie
A.Krakouer T.Mzunga (S.Day D.Prestia I.Callihan

$7,200 Left any thoughts on this side are greatly appreciated a few ? in there and some picks that are unusual like Adcock

My first draft for the new season;

DEF: B Goddard, B Gibbs, B Deledio, J Grimes, M Hurley, A Otten, D Heppell
(J Toy, P Puopolo, N Duigan)

MID: D Swan, C Judd, M Boyd, A Swallow, D Swallow, R Conca
(M Lock, S Atley, M Wallis)

RUCKS: A Sandilands, D Jolly
(J Tippett, Z Smith)

FWDS: N Riewoldt, L Franklin, M Pavlich, S Higgins, C Knights, A Krakouer, S Day
(T Mzungu, I Smith, I Callinan)

Thoughts so far, early days yet? :thumbsu:

Found an injury list that says Lake is out for 10. Thats why I got rid of him. 2 GC ruckmen as Emg's thats the only other thing I can pick out really

Originally Posted by RobbieGray17
I'm Pretty sure Lake isinjured for 8-10 weeks. I think you need a proven speedy forward/Midfielder. I really don't think you need Fraser, waste of money imo, considering you have Sandilands, Petrie, Smitth and Tippett.

Thanks guys. Wasn't aware of Lake so will get onto that :thumbsu:.

I'm using Fraser as a cash cow. Will play every game and was averaging 90+ at Collingwood before he fell out of favour. Cheapest option under 300K who will play.

(J Tippett, Z Smith)

FWDS: N Riewoldt, L Franklin, M Pavlich, S Higgins, C Knights, A Krakouer, S Day

Looks pretty good. Only one of Tippett and Smith will play though. If one of your rucks gets injured then you're using a trade right there.

None of your mids are duel position players.

Nice team though :thumbsu:!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DEF
Goddard, Deledio, Broughton, Enright, Greenwood, Otten, Heppell
(Smedts, Toy, Duigan)

MID
Swan, Gibbs, Bartel, Kroakouer (A), Swallow (D), Gaff
(Harris, Atley, Hibberd)

RUCK
Sandilands, Cox
(Tippet (J), Smith)

FWD
Chapman, Riewoldt, Franklin, Brown, Tippet (K), Pertie, Ablett
(Prestia, Talia, Mzungu)

$5 200 remaining

Thoughts/comments? Obviously rookies are pending NAB cup :)

I'm using Fraser as a cash cow. Will play every game and was averaging 90+ at Collingwood before he fell out of favour. Cheapest option under 300K who will play.

That is sounds good in logic and i was going to have Fraser but i noticed Petrie cost about the same and i think he could be used in much the same way.

I think Fraser will be the GCS number 1 ruckman and should play most games.

That is sounds good in logic and i was going to have Fraser but i noticed Petrie cost about the same and i think he could be used in much the same way.

I think Fraser will be the GCS number 1 ruckman and should play most games.

Yeah I scrapped that idea. With the cash I saved with Lake injured on the sidelines I upgraded to jolly and will use Petrie as a stop gap / cash cow, interchanging when needed with Tippett up forward.

Yeah I didn't think that way about Fraser. Valid point is valid

No comments on my previous team and have made some changes, so here goes again...172.4k left in the bank, happy to leave the side as is until I see a couple of weeks of the NAB Cup. This is how they would line up for Rd 1 (i.e. Suns players on the bench). Colour coding displays MPP.

Goddard (StK), Gibbs (Car), Deledio (Ric), Johncock (Ade), Broughton (Fre), Otten (Ade), Faulks (Fre), Toy (GC), Duigan (Car), Puopolo (Haw)

Swan (Col), Chapman (Gee), Bartel (Gee), Polec (BL), Mzungu (Fre), Smith (Haw), Swallow (GC) Heppell (Ess), Harris (GC)

Sandilands (Fre), Tippett (Ade), Smith (GC), Bailey (Haw)

Riewoldt (StK), Franklin (Haw), Didak (Col), Higgins (WB), Knights (Ade), Petrie (NM), Krakouer (Col), Prestia (GC), Motlop (Gee), Richardson (NM)

Probably Higgins vs Sylvia is the question I'm agonising over the most at the moment. But, pretty comfortable so far...happy with the team and have enough to make changes as required depending on who goes well in the NAB Cup. No consideration given to byes yet (beyond avoiding more than two players from the same club in the same position), so will have to look at that more closely as the season draws nearer, but with the flexibility of the squad, I reckon I should have most bases covered. No forward/defender MPP in the squad, suppose I could be talked into Gilbert and Grundy.

Yeah, it's a fair call. I'm just wary of those 250k type cash cows, because it's easier for Zac Smith to go from 117 to 280, than it is for Josh Fraser to go from 237 to 400. The Fraser/Petrie cost territory is risky because, as I've illustrated, to make their cash cow status worthwhile, they've just about got to reach keeper status to justify their inclusion. If he is back to his best, it's worth a punt, but he looked awful in his last game in black and white stripes...

DEF
Goddard, Deledio, Broughton, Enright, Greenwood, Otten, Heppell
(Smedts, Toy, Duigan)

MID
Swan, Gibbs, Bartel, Kroakouer (A), Swallow (D), Gaff
(Harris, Atley, Hibberd)

RUCK
Sandilands, Cox
(Tippet (J), Smith)

FWD
Chapman, Riewoldt, Franklin, Brown, Tippet (K), Pertie, Ablett
(Prestia, Talia, Mzungu)

$5 200 remaining

Thoughts/comments? Obviously rookies are pending NAB cup :)

Haven't heard much about Hibberd...is he likely to play? Yeah, the backup rucks are a concern, especially with Cox and Sandilands' history. K. Tippett or (more likely) Petrie should definitely be chosen as a ruck and I'd say Joel Tippett goes, because it's my understanding he's behind Smith and Fraser already. Don't know about the Nathan Ablett choice either, but I guess no-one's too sure about what to expect from him.

$7,200 Left any thoughts on this side are greatly appreciated a few ? in there and some picks that are unusual like Adcock

Carrazzo burned me big time last year...role seems to have changed from an accumulator to getting a lock-down job most weeks. I didn't consider taking him again for a second. I like the choice of Adcock, most reports indicate he's flying this year and he's a fair chance to get into my final side. Gilbee's very up and down...possibly past his best? Backup rucks are a concern, wouldn't have thought Charman or Tippett are first XXII at the moment. Wait for the NAB Cup and trade a solid rookie in for one or both of them (unless of course they perform well in the pre-season).

Carrazzo burned me big time last year...role seems to have changed from an accumulator to getting a lock-down job most weeks. I didn't consider taking him again for a second. I like the choice of Adcock, most reports indicate he's flying this year and he's a fair chance to get into my final side. Gilbee's very up and done...possibly past his best? Backup rucks are a concern, wouldn't have thought Charman or Tippett are first XXII at the moment. Wait for the NAB Cup and trade a solid rookie in for one or both of them (unless of course they perform well in the pre-season).

Tippett there simply as a MPP For the byes when petrie will go into ruck
gilbee i can understand i just like him tho same with carrazzo
and agree NAB will determain alot about all teams i think made a few changes

Gibbs in for Delidio
Montagna fo Dal
Rioli for Cloke
Gilbee to def and carrazzo to mid:)
not sure how this court stuff will affect rioli so will wait and see

(J Tippett, Z Smith)

Like it alot.
Defence good. Seems to be the norm with Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes
Not sure on Hurley but big things expected.
Mids: Good. I am wary of Judd for some reason at this stage. A few niggles atm but should be fine.
Rucks: Okay but think Sandi maybe be overpriced early on.
FWDS: Looks good however Pav looks to be on the way down.

Overall though looking great.

Heres mine:

Backs: Gibbs, Goddard, Deledio, Grimes, Broughton, Otten, Duigan
subs: Watson, McKernan, Toy
MIds: Swan, Cross, K.Jack, Foley, Swallow, Gaff
Subs: Heppell, Conca, Mungzu
Rucks: Mumford, Warnock
Subs: Petrie, Z.Smith
Fwds: N.Riewoldt, Chapman, Franklin, Knights, Silvia, Krakourer, Daniher
subs: C.Richardson, I.Smith, I. Callinan

Cheers

Backs
B Goddard, B Gibbs, B Deledio, G Broughton, C Enright, A Otten, D Heppell
(J Toy, N Duigan, P Puopolo)

Mids
D Swan, J Selwood, L Montagna, D Swallow, A Gaff, J Polec
(D Harris, T Mzungu, S Atley)

Rucks
D Cox, D Petrie
(Z Smith, M Bailey)

Forwards
P Chapman, N Riewoldt, M Pavlich, B Green, A Goodes, C Knights, A Krakouer
(L Tapscott, I Smith, I Callinan)

$100 left, tried to spend every last dollar. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back