AFLW Rd 1 West Coast vs Richmond, 30/08 9:15 Vic Time.

Remove this Banner Ad

This was a terrible result for our finals aspirations with only 11 games in the season.

We’re still to play the much-improved Sydney away, North Melbourne in Tassie, Geelong, and Melbourne. That’s probably 4 losses.

For the other games:

- We have Essendon, Hawthorn, Collingwood, and Carlton. These games are probably 50-50 games.

- We also have GWS and Port Adelaide, which I think we should win. Hawthorn might fit under this category depending on what we see from them this season.

See, West Coast was in the “we should win” category, yet here we are. Katie Brennan needs to step up and take responsibility for her kicking. She needs to get these goals if we’re to make finals.

Wouldn't be worrying too much about finals. We were awful last season, maybe winning that last game against an equally poor and slow collingwood side wasnt a good thing. We will be lucky to match the mens 2 wins for the season.

No she didn't there was a west coast player 5 meters away. They purposely lag off inviting you to pass and hope for a miss kick which our girls aren't the most skilled.
Yep, our capacity to get someone properly isolated whilst moving is the problem. So little ball ownership.

Yep, our capacity to get someone properly isolated whilst moving is the problem. So little ball ownership.

Eagles look quick and they do like to hand ball quickly but overall they aint much chop. If it wasnt for our undisciplined acts in that first half which cost us 3 out of the eagles 5 goals we win easy. With all that we should've still won once we hit the front.

Miller not to blame as we still won the ball from her kick at half back but Egan should've gone as long as possible past the wing but a silly little inboard kick cost the team the game. It was that bad kick that led to the eagles winning goal with 55 secs left on the clock.

Last edited:
I was saying before the last qtr that McKenzie needs to step up which she did and was instrumental in our fight back.
But i will say its time for Ellie to be a consistent top liner like Conti for longer in games. Needs to get from contest to contest.

Yassir also played a good last qtr which helped the team hit the front.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like the arrogance of the men’s team has filtered down to the women. Giving away 50’s, undisciplined frees, losing our cool etc… when will the RFC wake up and realise this garbage costs us games of football … constantly!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Would rather if they haven’t been practising goal kicking. At least they could start and there would be improvement

If that’s them with goal kicking practise then light a candle and pray

Brennan, what a stinker of a game.
32 I50’s Grieser 4 kicks, Reid 2 kicks, between those 3, 5 gettable goals for 0 return.
That’s not at the level.
They kicked 3.1 from free kicks.
That’s not at the level.

Ordinary competitive efforts in first quarter, not at the level.
I’d try Woods at FF for a few quarters.

They need to pull their heads out of their asses and turn up to play next Rnd.
That was shithouse.

The worry for us is the key backs , miller looks on the way out doesn’t take marks anymore leaving alot to graham , she competes ok but makes a lot of howlers . We had a lot of shots at goal which was encouraging , basically beat them on every single measure except the scoreboard
As the game wore on conti and Ellie Mc started to really impact . First game for Ellie in yonks , last Q was very good and millzy fired up eventually, that kid can be a star ,,,believe . I’d add a draftee into the line up for pace they’re all quick . Hopefully sherrin back asap , she was the difference, always contributes

Would rather if they haven’t been practising goal kicking. At least they could start and there would be improvement

If that’s them with goal kicking practise then light a candle and pray
Kb normally much better than that , the others I’d never back , costly loss in a short season , we desperately need sheerin in the side

Wouldn't be worrying too much about finals. We were awful last season, maybe winning that last game against an equally poor and slow collingwood side wasnt a good thing. We will be lucky to match the mens 2 wins for the season.
We had bad injury run tho , I was honestly expecting much better , oh we’ll see how we go next week , my expectations have been lowered significantly

We had bad injury run tho , I was honestly expecting much better , oh we’ll see how we go next week , my expectations have been lowered significantly
I didn’t see the game but not sure if this would explain the performance at all. Got told by a mate to back the eagles at $6 due to an illness that went thru half of the Richmond girls!

This game reminded me of the Suns game last year. We need to be much better at icing the clock.

The game would have looked different having Sheerin in the midfield alongside Conti and McKenzie, we still should have won without her regardless, you don’t give away silly 50’s like that, that’s the game right there.

Forward line again a thing. I thought Milsy was just a yard off it early, maybe an issue in preseason but by god she’s willing. Second only to Brennan for goals last season. She’s not the problem. Brennan will bounce back quickly but had a night to forget. Greiser, she’s no Wakefield in that she hasn’t shown that she can dominate games. If she is inaccurate with limited opportunity then we have a big problem so we also need another option to play FF. Probably would have looked to McKinnon but that’s gone for this season. Don’t think playing both Eastman or Reid should happen again. We needed pace to slow oppo exits. Coxy would have been great, but not to be this season, so play Mackenzie Ford, its a role she will do well.

It’s still the forward line that’s the issue. If Brennan has a bad game then there isn’t much happening up there

Wish we had a second quality target as I think then Jones and Yassir get a heap more opportunities and looks and I like both those girls as players

Stella Reid was very disappointing last night. It’s almost curtains for her if she continues to not be a marking threat

This game reminded me of the Suns game last year. We need to be much better at icing the clock.

The game would have looked different having Sheerin in the midfield alongside Conti and McKenzie, we still should have won without her regardless, you don’t give away silly 50’s like that, that’s the game right there.

Forward line again a thing. I thought Milsy was just a yard off it early, maybe an issue in preseason but by god she’s willing. Second only to Brennan for goals last season. She’s not the problem. Brennan will bounce back quickly but had a night to forget. Greiser, she’s no Wakefield in that she hasn’t shown that she can dominate games. If she is inaccurate with limited opportunity then we have a big problem so we also need another option to play FF. Probably would have looked to McKinnon but that’s gone for this season. Don’t think playing both Eastman or Reid should happen again. We needed pace to slow oppo exits. Coxy would have been great, but not to be this season, so play Mackenzie Ford, its a role she will do well.
I like Sheerin in the middle but I am not sure we can afford that luxury as the backline looked very shaky without her. We certainly missed her drive from defence as that creates so many attacks as well

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW Rd 1 West Coast vs Richmond, 30/08 9:15 Vic Time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back