AFLW Rd 1 West Coast vs Richmond, 30/08 9:15 Vic Time.

Remove this Banner Ad

I will reserve judgement on Ferguson & recruiting until later in the season, as maybe it was an off game. Yet I'm not overly confident after watching some of the newer teams work ethic & skills, as they look way better than ours at the moment.
exactly couldn't agree with you more
i'd say 4 newer teams definitely have gone past us (Swans, Saints, Hawks and Port)

we're a contested side with no uncontested component to our game, no kick mark either
if we get beaten at the contest, it all turns to shit

in the presser he said he had the team ready, but did anyone see it for 2 1/2 Q?
he looked deflated as well, i'm not sure he'll take us any further up the ladder

with 5 already by far better, i'd count 4 extra teams that look better than we are ATM
that leaves us mid table and by the end of the North game we could be 3w or worse
The other thing is that we seem to be trading in dead set battlers ,,,look what hawthorn and even saints bought in and I haven’t mentioned ess yet . I’m a broken record but play the kids and get peck in the side too , she’s better than woods and several others , we are so bloody slow , all the kids we’ve drafted are quick as ,get em in

When KB was at her best she was good, as some of these younger players, that have obviously been exposed to AFL from a younger age, are showing that these original players are just average now. KB as a player would now just be a pass mark for any new recruit, so over the next few years that the standard should lift significantly. The only player I rate as above average in our team at the moment is Conti, there are a few others that could also lift to be there as well. Which is my main concern with our team, when you watch other teams that seem to have multiple above average footballers in the team & will only improve in leaps & bounds, which could leave us languishing towards the bottom of the ladder.
yep all of this is my main worry as well

i may be looking too far ahead, but this coming draft i'd love QLD Havana Harris 180cm moves like a mid
we haven't got anyone like her, would fix the fwd line really fast

our backline troubles are that we haven't got a young KPD or 2, that we've drafted
have to get Peck back in and drop Miller or Graham
bring in Bacon and Ford for some pace

in our team Conti is in another universe compared to the rest, other teams are starting to or have got 2 or more like her

The other thing is that we seem to be trading in dead set battlers ,,,look what hawthorn and even saints bought in and I haven’t mentioned ess yet . I’m a broken record but play the kids and get peck in the side too , she’s better than woods and several others , we are so bloody slow , all the kids we’ve drafted are quick as ,get em in
yep we bring in Wicksteed, Brown and Eastman who are solid B-C graders with youth/potential
then we either don't play them or play them out of position

then we again bring in solid B-C graders in Dallaway and Hicks and play them instead of the other 3
we give a 2 year contract extension to Lynch another solid B-C grader
how many do you need in a team?

McKinnon is the only A grader we've ever traded in after entering the comp

yep we bring in Wicksteed, Brown and Eastman who are solid B-C graders with youth/potential
then we either don't play them or play them out of position

then we again bring in solid B-C graders in Dallaway and Hicks and play them instead of the other 3
we give a 2 year contract extension to Lynch another solid B-C grader
how many do you need in a team?

McKinnon is the only A grader we've ever traded in after entering the comp
Yep we been bloody stiff with McKinnon , reckon wicki looked better than the 2 newbs tbh

our backline, as well as our fwd line are our Achilles heel

Miller and Graham are risky 1 on 1, Peck has to come in for 1 of them
there's no run and carry, kick outs are whoa full, no one showing some leadership down there
send Eastman to the backline, send Bacon back there as well and tell her to run, run and run some more

Woods has to play in fwd line, get Greiser out of there, not up to it
Brennan not getting any younger and it's starting to show, have to find another KPF sooner rather than later
Reid and Jones aren't the answer up fwd for the future
we need someone like a Bodey, Ponter or Hore who are goal kickers and we have to find them fast

Tamara Luke won't be ready until around Rd3, has to get fitness up

Ferg said in presser that "we anticipated what WCE were going to do" and "everything can be fixed quickly"
WOW, we really were ready for them weren't we
seems not much has changed at RFC since last year, probably won't until we get a new coach
Poor result. In a 10 game season, just have to hit the ground running. Brennan was actually OK except for conversion. She won't be that bad again. Backline was below average. Graham played dumb, Lynch quiet. But GWS flying so, I can't see a win next week.

I feel Seymour wasted in the backline Seymour for Greiser.

Brain fart 50m penalties and easy goals conceded by the team are a worry.

Couldn't ice the win after getting the lead late showed no improvement. Mon & Grace good in the middle. Mon's kicking reminds me of Hopper, no one to kick to.

Last edited:
Poor result. In a 10 game season, just have to hit the ground running. Brennan was actually OK except for conversion. She won't be that bad again. Backline was below average. Graham played dumb, Lynch quiet. But GWS flying so, I can't see a win next week.

I feel Seymour wasted in the backline Seymour for Greiser.

Brain fart 50m penalties and easy goals conceded by the team are a worry.

Couldn't ice the win after getting the lead late showed no improvement. Mon & Grace good in the middle. Mon's kicking reminds me of Hopper, no one to kick to.
sadly all true

how many sides gave away 3 x 50's or gave undiscipline free kicks near goal = none
can't be a top team with that sort of monkey on our back

backline in Hicks, Lynch, Mclelland, Miller and Graham had very poor games
fwd line in Jones (other than 1 goal), Reid, Eastman (why play a HB at HF?), Ryan and Greiser had very poor games
how do you win games with so many players playing poorly?

we put out a strong team on paper, but the games played on grass, not on paper
Poppy Kelly played well, has been a slow burn but worth the wait

one other glaring problem we have is, our mids don't kick goals
all the top mids from other good teams hit the score board

34 x I50's for 14 scores (5g 9b), that's really shit

i may be looking too far ahead, but this coming draft i'd love QLD Havana Harris 180cm moves like a mid
we haven't got anyone like her, would fix the fwd line really fast
Now you're talking my language. 182cm QLD captain, target her this year as a package and draft her mate Georja Davies 183cm next year and we are set at both ends. Only problem is are Suns Academy players.

sadly all true

how many sides gave away 3 x 50's or gave undiscipline free kicks near goal = none

fwd line in Jones (other than 1 goal), Reid, Eastman (why play a HB at HF?), Ryan and Greiser had very poor games

Has Lord of the Wings pinched your phone haha, not like you to be so negative Stan, you are usually the optimist that keeps us all going !!

sadly all true

Poppy has been a positive , on the improve

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just read haw two recruits Sherrif and west had 43p bw them , this is exactly my point , while our rivals are securing very good players from the top sides we’re getting plodders that would have been lucky to get 10p bw them and did nothing at all to raise the eyebrow
Giants, and other clubs, AFL and W teams have very good Irish players. Speaking of that, what happened to Sheerin? Not on injury list, didn't play.

Ellie McKenzie with ball in hand more be good. I noticed Egan using it quite well.

Giants, and other clubs, AFL and W teams have very good Irish players. Speaking of that, what happened to Sheerin? Not on injury list, didn't play.

Ellie McKenzie with ball in hand more be good. I noticed Egan using it quite well.
Sheerin strained a quad , said on here 3w , that’s a major blow as she’s clearly sec best player in our side

that's on the coach, not having all the strings to the bow
undisciplined acts are RFC's DNA, again the coach needs to stamp that out

not sure Ferguson is the man going forward, Erin Phillips maybe?
Did you watch Ferg's Presser?

None ofthem played like they need to win in the first quarter, it was flipping diabolical and our Captain( alotve kicks hits the ground in front of her all game) should have a scruffed all of em and told them to get fair dinkum but it didn’t happen.
I’m disappointed with that.
Brennan is in real danger of drifting into the Moana Hope category of a footballer who could have been something.
No, Brennan ain't no Moana Hope

exactly couldn't agree with you more
i'd say 4 newer teams definitely have gone past us (Swans, Saints, Hawks and Port)

we're a contested side with no uncontested component to our game, no kick mark either
if we get beaten at the contest, it all turns to shit
Yep, we are too one dimensional. How many seasons now, and you could count on one hand the games we have had a decent sprinkle of chains. Would go so fair as we are the worst for chains. Now that's actually Ok if your contested game is supported by inside 50 conversions, but that is our actual Achilles heel. Desperately need some versatility in our play.

The only place for Greiser is in the goal square. She can't pivot, is slow - play to whatever strengths she has.

I hope Wickstead has built a bit more tank, because she can at least run and kick to a lead. She Ellie and Mon need to be getting handball receives from Egan at every opportunity.

Yep, we are too one dimensional. How many seasons now, and you could count on one hand the games we have had a decent sprinkle of chains. Would go so fair as we are the worst for chains. Now that's actually Ok if your contested game is supported by inside 50 conversions, but that is our actual Achilles heel. Desperately need some versatility in our play.

The only place for Greiser is in the goal square. She can't pivot, is slow - play to whatever strengths she has.
yep perfectly summed up everything I've been thinking

Greiser is a big problem as is Reid and Jones, they don't get much of the ball, contested marking nonexistent, not the least bit quick, don't know what the answer is, they all can't play out of the goal square

I hope Wickstead has built a bit more tank, because she can at least run and kick to a lead. She Ellie and Mon need to be getting handball receives from Egan at every opportunity.
my previous post was....... we already had Wickstead, but bring in Dallaway, the same sort of player???

Hicks i'm not a fan, lost a lot of drive with Sheerin and Shevlin moved into the midfield
maybe with Lavey back in, move Shevlin to the Backline, drop Hicks???

I'm very happy what Egan does for the team, can't understand the hate that's going on about her
has never had pace, we knew that, but she does the grunt work feeding it out to Conti and Ellie, blocking, shepherding, all that sort of stuff, the 1%ers that you don't normally notice, until you look for it
gets her 20-25 possies a game, can't ask any more than that

yep perfectly summed up everything I've been thinking

Greiser is a big problem as is Reid and Jones, they don't get much of the ball, contested marking nonexistent, not the least bit quick, don't know what the answer is, they all can't play out of the goal square
Greiser gets isolated ball hits the deck and u just got to look away as it’s like a car crash in slowwwww mo . Ferg needs to make finals or he gets the chop for mine

my previous post was....... we already had Wickstead, but bring in Dallaway, the same sort of player???

Hicks i'm not a fan, lost a lot of drive with Sheerin and Shevlin moved into the midfield
maybe with Lavey back in, move Shevlin to the Backline, drop Hicks???

I'm very happy what Egan does for the team, can't understand the hate that's going on about her
has never had pace, we knew that, but she does the grunt work feeding it out to Conti and Ellie, blocking, shepherding, all that sort of stuff, the 1%ers that you don't normally notice, until you look for it
gets her 20-25 possies a game, can't ask any more than that
Agree with all that , hope Tess comes back in good nic , at her best was quite dynamic , did brown off some , we ll see hope she bounces out of the blocks as u say it adds some qty options to us

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW Rd 1 West Coast vs Richmond, 30/08 9:15 Vic Time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back