Autopsy Rd 10 Carlton vs GWS Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

To be honest Armfield in past seasons used to frustrate me. But this season he has been brilliant. He has improved so much.
To answer your question about Jeffy and Yaz....No, he's not quicker.
Those two are just so good to watch when they run, just superb.

He'd be close! Maybe we should approach the club and ask them for a bit of half time entertainment :D

I really think MM is allowing others to step up in the middle. One game he takes mclean and leaves him in the forward all day. The next week it is Judd the week after is murphy. I think its great, MM gives younger lesser names have a crack thru the middle and sticks with it all game. Everyone is getting proper time to prove themselves. This means the kids feel like they have to carry just as much of the load as the experienced guys. It instills confidence and it makes everyone feel worthy to be in the best 22 that week (just like MM has said).

Havnt seen the game but by god i love casboults marking, 8 marks, 4 contested! Let him roam and take marks forward or back, his kicking will come! Our structures and gameplan are really coming about. Cant wait till next WEEK. Lets smash these scumbag cheats!!!

not too sure about Casboult's kicking... just watched some footage of him kicking set shots and his action is a little concerning. If you watch him closely, he moves the ball around on his run up, and his action is really stiff.

Love his work in the marking contests, his kicking from set shots really worries me.

To be honest Armfield in past seasons used to frustrate me. But this season he has been brilliant. He has improved so much.

wasn't too long ago I think I was the lonely supporter of army constantly shot down

Loved seeing Casboult inside defensive 50 taking a timely grab. There are no stats for marks inside the defensive 50 so just wanted to acknowledge that one before it is forgotten.

I hopped in the car after not catching a score update all day at work. Gary Lyon gave best on ground to Callan Ward and Danny Frawley gave worst on ground to Marc Murphy. Can some one explain how they came to that conclusion when we won by 94 points.

I hopped in the car after not catching a score update all day at work. Gary Lyon gave best on ground to Callan Ward and Danny Frawley gave worst on ground to Marc Murphy. Can some one explain how they came to that conclusion when we won by 94 points.

That is just stupid, how ?

I wouldn't get too upset at anything Lyon or Frawley say, their jealousy & bias is pathetic.

Kicking for goal - a significant improvement from last week.

Apart from the obvious - Walks and Jeffy...

Cachia, looks strong and poised (more so than Bell).

I really liked the Kreuzer/Casboult combination - I missed the clear tapwork of Warnock, but far more offered around the ground. Casboult took a couple of one grab contested at both ends of the ground - the sort he was criticised earlier in the year for - kudo's for coming back.

I thought there were some glimpses of Murph, the deft touch around the pack, skillful ball handling - don't get me wrong, not his best ever game, but there were promising signs.

Bryce Gibbs. He's a good player, but it's his vision moving the ball that's elite. He looks up and sees option A, B, C and D. Then he kicks it to option AA+. Having him in the midfield pushing forwards, thanks MM. (Yeah I know Ratts wanted to in 2012 - but he's doing more this year).

Big win, took my eldest to the footy for the first time (Daddy, why are we clapping so much? :thumbsu::hearts::thumbsu: ). Good day for me, her and the club. Well played boys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really liked the Kreuzer/Casboult combination - I missed the clear tapwork of Warnock, but far more offered around the ground. Casboult took a couple of one grab contested at both ends of the ground - the sort he was criticised earlier in the year for - kudo's for coming back.

It was like Kreuzer, Casboult and Henderson were doing circle work between the fifty arcs and you couldn't pick who was going to bob up where. Loved those onfield rotations.

As for missing the clear tapwork of Warnock. Giles is no slouch and we won the hitouts 50-36 and the taps to advantage 16-8. Not much difference to some of the Warnock games, but so much more scope with the contested marking and versatility.

Bias?

I mean 20 Disposals at 90% 5 tackles and 4 clearances. It's not like Murph sat in a BP and frowned

Really liked the idea of starting with Henderson up forward today. We just seem a bit more mobile and dangerous with him up there. Wonder if any possibility of Watson coming in soon which may give Hendo the chance to play forward more?

not too sure about Casboult's kicking... just watched some footage of him kicking set shots and his action is a little concerning. If you watch him closely, he moves the ball around on his run up, and his action is really stiff.

Love his work in the marking contests, his kicking from set shots really worries me.

Yea I can see it as well. Its just that its such a waste to see such a good contested grab not be able to do much else. The optimist inside me thinks he can turn it around. Give him some time and who knows what he will bring to the table

Like Hendo back. But, I LOVE Hendo forward. God how I wish there were two of him.
This is when we miss Andy Mac. We could have Jamo, White & Andy back with Walker, Tuohy & Simmo. Maybe even Watson gets a shot? Maybe as some people mentioned we could try Rowe there?
Hendo's decision making & field kicking is beautiful. His kick across goal to set up (can't remember who) in the 2nd instead of blazing away for a difficult shot was just great to watch.
Felt he was set to kick a bag had he stayed up forward all day.

Thanks again Vossy.

Like Hendo back. But, I LOVE Hendo forward. God how I wish there were two of him.
This is when we miss Andy Mac. We could have Jamo, White & Andy back with Walker, Tuohy & Simmo. Maybe even Watson gets a shot? Maybe as some people mentioned we could try Rowe there?
Hendo's decision making & field kicking is beautiful. His kick across goal to set up (can't remember who) in the 2nd instead of blazing away for a difficult shot was just great to watch.
Felt he was set to kick a bag had he stayed up forward all day.

Thanks again Vossy.

Is it just me, or is Hendo really underrated by neutral supporters? He's fantastic, such an asset to the team. Keeps a cool head under pressure, seems to always find the right option, beautiful kicking...

Malthouse admits game plan change
''The game structure that I had delivered in October in Arizona is different to what it is now,'' Malthouse said.

He said rather than being ''pig headed and just keep bashing it and pounding it'', he had to ''find out what the playing group were equipped to do, what do they enjoy -- because footballl's about enjoyment as well -- and what they can they tell me about the best way they play.

''So it's give and take on both. And I reckon what we've done over the past few weeks is we've started to do is cut off bits and pieces that I had, and cut off bits and pieces that I perhaps didn't like ... and what's happened is that we've got a game structure that meets the criteria. And as long as we don't stray from it now we can be a good football side.''
Malthouse admits game plan change

Interesting that the game plan has changed to fit the side.

Gary Lyon picked Mark Neeld
Danny Frawley ended up with poo all over punt road.

Disagree, he would beat both of them over 100m easily... Id put a any amount of money on it, Tuohy is ridiculously fast as well, just doesn't show it as much

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 10 Carlton vs GWS Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back