Rd 11 2013 St Kilda v WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really, I'd agree that we were very fortunate with decisions all game. I think a lot on our board would say the same too.

Not the most high quality game but that was exciting, best of luck for the rest of the year.

I would disagree. I have been to enough eagles home games living in Perth to see the un educated football people who are eagles supporters . They would see it as oh we deserved the win we have natanui he is greats. Did nothing today actually. Every time we were about to get clear the fisty eagles got a Free and closed the margin. I'm fighting a losing battle trying to reason with an eagles supporter .

my eyes are going but doesn't laying on the ball not doing anything usually constitute a free kick, apparently not if its in the oppositions goal square. Then pay one against Saad when he tried to knock the ball on - what a f@#$%^&*(g joke !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joey - kick it straight over the goal umpires hat, not just a lob in his general direction

Precisely pebblesofsand.

Which is why I don't understand the resulting second goal by Priddis?

I would disagree. I have been to enough eagles home games living in Perth to see the un educated football people who are eagles supporters . They would see it as oh we deserved the win we have natanui he is greats. Did nothing today actually. Every time we were about to get clear the fisty eagles got a Free and closed the margin. I'm fighting a losing battle trying to reason with an eagles supporter .

OK champ. Think if you go through the Gameday thread on our board you'll see the more reserved posters are agreeing with my assessment that we were fortunate.

Watching Darling continually throwing his head back to try and milk frees is genuinely sickening, not to mention the Selwoods (at both clubs)

The saddest thing is that all four can seriously play, and the Selwoods in particular are genuinely tough kids, but their constant and consistent play-acting is a monstrous blight on the game.

Even worse, it is constantly rewarded.

They're a disgrace and they don't deserve to be in the competition.

Why are you taking pot shots at all eagle supporters, when 1) they had nothing to do with the loss and 2) an eagle supporter has been gracious enough to come onto our board and admit that the umpiring wasn't all that flash. Pull your head in

I only caught the last quarter, and you guys were very badly done by. How umpires allow players from a club of renowned duckers and divers, hold the ball, then when well tackled, take a dive, causing the player executing a legal tackle to fall to the ground with them fall for that.
You were robbed, and I hope we get better treatment in a couple of weeks.

I thought the game was at Patterson the way the divers were treated.

OK champ. Think if you go through the Gameday thread on our board you'll see the more reserved posters are agreeing with my assessment that we were fortunate.

I actually think it was a close game that could have gone either way and you guys were ahead in the last 20 seconds. Had nothing to do with the umpiring.

Sigh.

I bailed after the first game. I'm only popping in after hearing about this.

I had an almost psychic expectation that this was going to happen today. A close match against the Eagles, shit umpiring gets them over the line.

It happens every time.

What you need to understand is that this league is systematically corrupt in almost every single fashion. I wouldn't be surprised if St Kilda was complicit with what's been going on, to be honest.

This is not going to change. You can whinge, bitch and complain non stop. You can air your frustration. But it's going to happen. This will happen every single week and there's nothing you can do to change it.

I'm out. I don't follow the AFL. I decided that enough was enough. For you, you have two choices: Accept what happens and tolerate it, or stop following this league. It can't be fixed.

Ropeable is probably the word you heard. Can't imagine what you were leaning towards with your " LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL" just before it.

Mods, if I cannot quote posts from other boards, please delete. I think that rule is only for the main board and the bay.

I know ropable is the word they meant, pretty sure it came out as a massive Gaff which made me chuckle. Didn't mean to cause offence.

Because that is a fairly controversial topic.
I'm being a hardarse, because we lost, and it was to your team. And seeing that post, made me ropeable.

Fair enough. Laughed at it because it's been a horrid year for us and you tend to look for any source of humour when you're playing as poorly as we have been. I didn't mean for it to be taken seriously in any way!

For mine umpiring can be summed up in 2 instances over this round;

A too high call via a spoiling defender slapping the head instead; no free, because as the umpire stated "he was going for the ball";

A too high call via an attempt to slap the ball clear of a pack strikes the head; a free, because despite going for the ball he missed and struck the head.

Geisch is not the problem, the umps aren't the problem,

It is Mr Evans, Mr Bartlett, Joel Bowden, Leigh Matthews, Luke Power, Rowan Sawers, Michael Sexton, Beau Waters and Shane McCurry's fault for butchering the rules to the point where you have the above situation as both correct because it's all based on which umpire has which opinion on the same exact action.

Of course, the paranoid of us will see that list and grow long in the face due to the fact that Beau Waters is on the rules committee, otherwise known as
2961-main-0-240x-1.jpg

^That guy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know ropable is the word they meant, pretty sure it came out as a massive Gaff which made me chuckle. Didn't mean to cause offence.

I think it may be time for you to go back to your board after reading that.

'We're the duckers, West Coke duckers
and we're here ducking tackles.
We duck our heads when it's a big game
and we're the duckers, ducking tackles and getting frees."

Wasting opportunities and disgraceful biased umpiring cost us again.

Should've subbed on Robbie Muir in the last quarter to sort the umpires out.

Proud of our effort though against 3 extra players.

The fighting St Kilda I love was back today.

Great moral victory today.:thumbsu:

Just got back from the game, that last quarter was heartbreaking. The Eagles supporters had nothing to cheer about the whole game - apart from the bad umpiring. Disgraceful lot.

Umpiring was go bad that it was laughable in the end, well actually laughable from early on...

and to be honest its a win we didnt need, our year is already over and its all about getting games into kids and recruiting well for next year.

What pisses me off more is that saints are not on free to air TV much anymore, will be a stretch of 2 months!! Foxtell can go shit itself.

Firstly I am not here to bag you guys out.
Secondly I hope you guys have some luck after the bye.
Thirdly, bad luck about today's loss. Keep your chins up. Awesome effort to keep the eagles down to a low score, even if you lost.

Umpiring was go bad that it was laughable in the end, well actually laughable from early on...

and to be honest its a win we didnt need, our year is already over and its all about getting games into kids and recruiting well for next year.

What pisses me off more is that saints are not on free to air TV much anymore, will be a stretch of 2 months!! Foxtell can go shit itself.

The commentators completely ignore the shit biased umpiring as per usual.

Why do we always get idiots like BT and Derwayne commentating our games?

I wish we had Huddo commentating all our games or even Eddie.

Huddo, Eddie, Richo and Lingy would be my first choice commentary team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rd 11 2013 St Kilda v WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

Back