Autopsy Rd 11 Vent thread Carlton vs ... some team

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else expect us to put up a good show against the hawks, only to lose by a couple goals.. this pattern is really starting to shit me. No excuses tonight, not many unpaid frees.. only 1 player missing.. just bad football.

Was it favouritism of Eddie or just high expectations? I could be wrong, but I don't perceive Mick to be as caught up with "favourites" and "non-favourites" as Ratts was. I feel like everyone expects Eddie to be best 22 regardless of a three week suspension. I certainly didn't question his inclusion in the side tonight, but then again, I am super biased.

Well its not his fault but we really did throw him amongst the wolves when the guy wasn't match fit.

Kane Lucas, you just get better and better every week

Deserves its own thread...

Time for people to WAKE up and smell the roses...

Lucas is an outside player, period...

Outside players need to have elite skills by foot which Lucas has average at best...

He will get bashed and crushed against the Hawks, needs a spell...

Anyone else expect us to put up a good show against the hawks, only to lose by a couple goals.. this pattern is really starting to shit me. No excuses tonight, not many unpaid frees.. only 1 player missing.. just bad football.

im really worried about next week surely we are due against them though going to have to improve big time though

Well, the story was a lie. We were made to believe that all they years of pain at the bottom of the ladder had an end result that was worth it. We'd have a team of champions who would take us to a premiership. Judd came across. We got Gibbs. Murph. Walker. We brought McLean over. We were supposed to be putting together a top team. It was a lie. We have a mediocre team who crumble under pressure. Judd Waite Scotland and Simpson are all due to retire in the next two years. We have a rebuild coming up soon. There won't be any premierships for this group. They don't have the discipline. Malthouse can't squeeze blood from a stone. We will likely miss finals this year and from there the future is bleak. Unless mitchell and McCarthy and Watson can turn into heroes overnight we have no future.
:rolleyes:

Ok obviously I am new but does 40yearblue have a serious problem of some sort. I'm sorry but I have been finding it all amusing and laughing which I know I shouldn't be.

ODN you are doing a great job, one I don't envy you for.

It is spelt censoring.

Well, the story was a lie. We were made to believe that all they years of pain at the bottom of the ladder had an end result that was worth it. We'd have a team of champions who would take us to a premiership. Judd came across. We got Gibbs. Murph. Walker. We brought McLean over. We were supposed to be putting together a top team. It was a lie. We have a mediocre team who crumble under pressure. Judd Waite Scotland and Simpson are all due to retire in the next two years. We have a rebuild coming up soon. There won't be any premierships for this group. They don't have the discipline. Malthouse can't squeeze blood from a stone. We will likely miss finals this year and from there the future is bleak. Unless mitchell and McCarthy and Watson can turn into heroes overnight we have no future.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Outside players need to have elite skills by foot which Lucas has average at best...

he is worse than outside player... at least outside players can hurt

I had a family function on tonight so I only saw the game from a few minutes into the third. My wife couldn't understand my reaction to, if memory serves me correct, three consecutive missed shots on goal (Judd, Kruezer & Lucas) saying, "We're still well ahead." To which I replied, "Misses like those could cost us the game." If only they hadn't! Why did I look forward to this game? Bad day at work capped off with a loss to the Hate.

Casboult: wtf? Wow! He is going to be a gun. And Waite... zomg he deserved a win. Unstoppable.

Ahh... there you are Lance :D

I thought we should have won this one... it was a tough arm wrestle of a match and we did fold a bit... but a bit of luck went your way in the first with the goal ump not calling for the review. But in the end... it was a good hard tussle and we failed to hold onto our advantage.

Whats your take on the match... honestly?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

40yearBLUE

I know you probably can't reply to this right now but...

From the now-closed gameday thread.

And there you go again. It is a ridiculous assertion that our executive is entirely to blame for losses like tonight. Ridiculous. The hyperbole runs thick and fast with you.

By reiterating your point over and over, in the manner in which you do it, only alienates you amongst the one group of people who may be those who would otherwise side with your opinion... and perhaps be those who help you to champion your position... but instead you just keep ramming it down our throats... until we write you off as the ornery old-timer who's gone someway to losing his marbles.

Hallelujah! I could not agree more!

About the goals Lucas kicked against Brisbane, WC and Geelong.

Venting doesn't excuse your amnesia.

Melksham kicked 3 goals tonight. The odd goal or two a good player that don't make. Lucas needs to sharpen up his disposal and learn to make tackles stick. I'm not expecting him to be at the bottom of packs, but he needs to work on his kicking skills, handballs, decision making, marking, and needs to add 5-8kgs to his frame. Until then, he can hone his craft in the VFL.

Ahh... there you are Lance :D

I thought we should have won this one... it was a tough arm wrestle of a match and we did fold a bit... but a bit of luck went your way in the first with the goal ump not calling for the review. But in the end... it was a good hard tussle and we failed to hold onto our advantage.

Whats your take on the match... honestly?
I think we were very lucky. The amount of turnovers we gave up meant we nearly deserved to lose. I was blown away by Waite and Casboult, and as you can imagine, am gaga over getting a good result. You won't see me gloating though. Carlton the better team for about 80% of the game

I really hate losing on a Friday night. Puts a dampener on the rest of the weekend.

About the goals Lucas kicked against Brisbane, WC and Geelong.

Venting doesn't excuse your amnesia.

how about the turnovers that cost goals... then has the chance to make up by running into an open goal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lucas turned the game for all the wrong reasons tonight. and he has been ordinary all year.. cant kick cant tackle

how do we keep picking these duds .. Russell, Bower, Hampson and now Lucas all top picks and not one of them can kick

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 11 Vent thread Carlton vs ... some team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back