Autopsy Rd 12 Lacklustre Blues Break Our Hearts Again

Who played well for the Blues in Round 12 vs the Eagles?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully we have a core in the future of Walsh, Weitering and Harry as a starting point. I reckon TDK has what it takes as well.

Hopefully so but even then that's not enough, we need more of the type and I don't know that we have recruited them.

exactly - you're dealing with the biggest troll on the site though..........you can use your time better.........
Mate, there was a time when you were cutting and witty. Personal attacks and name calling were beneath you. This is poor by you. It’s amateur.

Owies was too far out, wouldn't have made the distance. In the end was a much ado about nothing in a way.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk
Was he? Didn't seem it, but I don't really know his VFL form.
The end result may have been a goal, but it's a sign of a larger problem IMO.

I had faith pretty much until then. Owies is a great set shot. He should have gone back and taken that, but he's still very fresh. Murphy is a vet and was virtually directly in front. His pass to a younger player in a worse spot was almost unforgivable.

It was . Self preservation. Not good

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Stocker made a couple of minor mistakes early in the game... didn't make them again so that's a win for me.

JSOS was good working up the ground... our only issue is that we didn't have any talls apart from the resting ruckman or Cripps up front.
JSOS was good in patches and is real quality at times but kicked 0.2 so had no impact on scoreboard when he could have quite easily. The snap he missed he should kick and set shot kicking continually let's him down.

JSOS was good in patches and is real quality at times but kicked 0.2 so had no impact on scoreboard when he could have quite easily. The snap he missed he should kick and set shot kicking continually let's him down.

No impact on scoreboard? Ask Eddie.

Shown up big time today. Really poor performance..

lots of talk on here about Murphy being gifted games, and with his output over the last season or so I don’t want to see him out there either, BUT it’s on the players below him to actually have an impact and take his spot.

while he was poor today, I think Setterfield, Dow, Cotrell, Ed Curnow, Newnes and Martin were probably worse.

These kids can’t take a game off a mid 30s player who is a shadow of his best form from years gone by is a real concern moving forward.

Dows kicking is still trash

Don't scratch out a positive there, you'll only hurt yourself long term
First full game for a month so I am not going to go to hard on his disposal especially without H to open the forward line. What worried me was what he does without the ball.
19 and 5 clearances sounds ok but the Coaches need to demand tackles above all else

Really wasn’t the round to introduce him to the midfield. Especially once H went down stretching or rucks. Ed needed to hard tag Sheed. Nic Nat monstered us.

How often did we get a goal and they respond straight away from the CB. Why did we choose to play the SCG over Homebush where CB are more damaging

Oh for the days Cripps averaged 9 clearances a game

Was he? Didn't seem it, but I don't really know his VFL form.
The end result may have been a goal, but it's a sign of a larger problem IMO.
Never seen his VFL form but from what I've seen in AFL, outside of 40 he'll struggle to kick accurately going for distance. Think he would have been kicking from 50 in that bit of play mentioned?

One big difference between us and West Coast was that they had a core group of senior players who were able to perform and drag their team mates along with them, we just don't have that at all.
This point can’t be understated. And why a scorched earth policy to a re-build leads to such a long time to recovery. Melbourne are classic example of this. As are we

Owies was too far out, wouldn't have made the distance. In the end was a much ado about nothing in a way.

Murph got the shot. He’s 35 metres out ffs . Weak pass off

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus Christ! Three replies all trying to pull me up on coaches and/or selection. Just because I didn't mention it, doesn't mean it isn't an issue. It just means it wasn't the focus of my post. If you want to talk about the coaching, go right ahead, but you're looking for an argument in the wrong place.
I was supporting you..I agree with everything and more that you said.

I'm a half glass full guy.. Im surprised we are only losing by 3-4 goals when you consider games are won and lost in the middle.
We have by far the worst midfield (talent and depth) in the AFL. Until this is addressed, we ain't getting better.

Can anyone sum up Teague’s presser for me.I can’t be bothered hearing his voice right now...
Uhmmm Ahh.... not executing for long enough, or good enough... Ummm ahhh not playing the way we want to play... Ummm ahhh not taking the most of our opportunities.... Ummm ahhh we've got to roll up our sleeves and train harder and improve. Ummm ahh At the moment our results indicate we are not a top team...

i guess but by your comments re tackles cripps and doc and sos and betts and more had fewer tackles. i too was surprised by the three tackles listed for murphy. our team just doesn't want to tackle. richmond's last 15 mins last night probably had more tackles than our last two games combined😂
Agreed. Richmond were awesome in that 15 minutes of manic pressure. We can only wish for such intensity and purpose.

In an ideal situation, Barker should be offering counter suggestions to Teague. As should all the other assistant coaches. I don't see Teague as being an unapproachable guy if you have a tweek to the game plan, and I reckon he would be willing to sit down and work things out with whoever has the suggestion. He's not the tyrant type of coach either... my way or the highway... or if he is, then we need to get rid of his assistants just for being a bunch of yes men.

So, why aren't things being changed up? I don't think that any of the assistants think out of the box. Teague might come in with a game plan, say ot the assistants, what do you think, and they all freeze. This is one of the other reasons I want to see the back of the current crop of assistant coaches.

You would need to ask some serious questions of teague and why he has these ' Yes' men as his assistants !!

He was appointed coach and maintained the same assistants and didnt bring in any of his own assistants ? Didnt he have anybody he wanted ?
Or was he too far entrenched into the previous coaching and just thought it required the minor tweek's as you called it ?

There is a very good saying if you have 3 people in the room all agreeing and saying the same thing then you dont need all 3 of these people and just 1 will do as the other 2 are not adding anything.

If Carlton were to sack Teague tomorrow and appoint Mitchell , Clarkson , Lyon , Hardwick , Beverage
Would they accept the current assistants to remain ? I would say NO

This then poses another question , Why did he
Is he not strong enough to demand better support or does he believe he already has the best and doesnt require change

More questions now about Teague than there ever was about Bolton imo , Bolton didnt have half the talent Teague has at his disposal

Uhmmm Ahh.... not executing for long enough, or good enough... Ummm ahhh not playing the way we want to play... Ummm ahhh not taking the most of our opportunities.... Ummm ahhh we've got to roll up our sleeves and train harder and improve. Ummm ahh At the moment our results indicate we are not a top team...
Wonder if he turned up on time or the media manager took him through the likely questions and answers...hence the 'ahhhhh....(how am I supposed to answer this)......' response.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 12 Lacklustre Blues Break Our Hearts Again

Back