Preview Rd 14 2022 Richmond Vs Carlton MCG 7:20 Thursday 16th

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dimma's stubbornness with trying to turn Balta into a forward is really starting to annoy me. He's wasting his talent trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. I hope they look to recruit a ruck/forward in the offseason.
Balta could turn out to be a very good forward, the guy needs the same amount of time to develop in a new posirtion as anyone else.

Balta could turn out to be a very good forward, the guy needs the same amount of time to develop in a new posirtion as anyone else.
i get that, but to me he looks like an instinctive back, who has an attacking card up his sleeve.

case in point the hand flung up last week which spoilt shai's goal.

his instinct has sailed on hms defence i reckon he should stay there unless in case of fire break glass situations.

Oh, I just didn't see the joking smile or any hint of a joke with your post so i thought rather than let you get away with a cheeky insult id play on the front foot and have a dig and joke at the same time :) . hope you dont mind .
All good brother 🤟

i get that, but to me he looks like an instinctive back, who has an attacking card up his sleeve.

case in point the hand flung up last week which spoilt shai's goal.

his instinct has sailed on hms defence i reckon he should stay there unless in case of fire break glass situations.
Balta does have the occasional brain fade, better up forward than in defense....its easier to play back than it is forward IMO, that why he needs extra time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ross coughed up most of his possessions….his decision making and disposal is really stuffed

I think his disposal is ok … his decision making is putrid. How many times do you see Ross try to bite off a 30m short kick where you assume he’s seen a teammate in acres of space … only to find they’re not in space at all. As for his easy dropped marks and giving away of brainless frees by diving on the ball etc… I just think he lacks a footy brain but plays like he’s got one.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We’ve got to focus on the player out the back of contests, reality is we’re gonna get blasted in the ass in and under but we can force turnover by pressuring the ball once it’s fed out of the contest, need nank to destroy ppl

Dimma's stubbornness with trying to turn Balta into a forward is really starting to annoy me. He's wasting his talent trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. I hope they look to recruit a ruck/forward in the offseason.

Hardly dimmas fault we traded both backups and didn’t recruit any other forward until the mid season draft. The list management team made the right call, we couldn’t match their salaries and got some good currency for both but now we don’t have many options forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we'd be mad not to think of something like this. Either he or Ross, both are good tacklers when they want to be.

Cripps has the capacity to tear us up in the midfield. I do not want to see Cotchin going up against him because that has failed more than once. So let him free like last time, or sit a hard tag on him. I know which option I'm going for, and I hate tagging normally.

Might actually bring some heat on Cripps to run defensively when we get the ball because RCD is quick and could hurt them going the other way.

In theory.

RCD’s ‘speed’ is becoming like the Lochness Monster…. I’ve heard about it for years but other than 1 x breakaway goal in the VFL grand final I haven’t seen it for years. What evidence do we have that he’s quick, as in-game he always looks really really cumbersome.

I think his disposal is ok … his decision making is putrid. How many times do you see Ross try to bite off a 30m short kick where you assume he’s seen a teammate in acres of space … only to find they’re not in space at all. As for his easy dropped marks and giving away of brainless frees by diving on the ball etc… I just think he lacks a footy brain but plays like he’s got one.

His disposal in last weeks vfl game was ordinary…needs to address this because he finds the footy

agree that his decision making is questionable …as you say, lacks a footy brain
lets hope he improves sooner than later

Round 1: no Vlastuin. No McIntosh. An underdone Graham. A mentally shot Dusty. A Prestia hammy ping at 1/4 time. 8 x 50m penalties. Carlton missing Walsh but not much else. A gameplan we’ve changed …. and we led by 20-points into the last quarter…..

Despite missing Dusty we should be confident of giving a great account of ourselves. I’ll take one win from Car & Geel games … hopefully it’s this one !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back