Autopsy RD 22 - Exposed by the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

unfortunately English seems to be the barometer of this team
I’ve often thought the same.

Are hit-outs everything? No, but being second to the ball nearly every time and trying to get it back must flatten the midfield group at times. Also, it’s not sustainable.

We do need a plan b. Short term, I’d start with Darcy spending a lot more time in the ruck over the first half and then let Timmy go to work around the ground from there.

Going forward, we need to find another senior ruck option to add to the list.

Last edited:
Shown up to be finals pretenders. We just don't have it between the ears. Created enough opportunities just could not kick a goal.
Lost count of the number of tackles we allowed them to walk through. We may do enough to qualify I just can't see how we can mount a serious challenge

Poor intensity, poor effort to tackle and defend and that’s the result you deserve in a tough competition.

This one is on the players. Now we have to win the last two to make finals. Let’s see how tough we are.

I flew over for the game. Disgusting performance across the board, topped off by some weak print throwing something in the back of my head walking down the stairs and not having the balls to own it. Horrible day all round and long flight back in the morning.

Still a chance for a home final aren't we? Disappointing loss but we've proven we can make it to the grand final from outside the 4, go again next week.

I haven’t seen O’Bien play that well since Ballarat 2022. Enough said. If the performance of the opposition ruckman (good, bad or otherwise) isn’t the biggest influence on our matches then I’m watching the wrong sport.
His two best stats for Hitouts were that game (2023) when he got 63 HOs and English 29, and today where he got 59. He must relish playing us!

However in 2023 we still won that game by 45 points.

We absolutely smashed the Dees last week.

That’s why this result is even more frustrating, we had one of best run in years and we go and **** it up with a beyond awful performance
We did but it was one of those nights where things went our way. Opposite of today.
I thought we tried but couldn't make the most of our chances. The crows did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The loss we had to have.

there's few teams that have the capability of going 10+ wins without a loss, the Dogs aren't one of them. Losing this game doesnt mean the ship is sinking however it does highlight the deficiencies in the list and management

Haven’t read much of this thread, but I imagine I want to echo plenty of statements. I’m not sure I’ve seen a worse tackling performance. So many of their goals came from some missed tackles along the line somewhere.

Goal kicking was always going to bite us again, if we take this into finals (if we make finals) we’ll lose a game that we should have won.

Just want to give McNeil a shout out. Tackles stuck and he was rewarded for it.

I’ve been neither here nor there on Vandermeer. But wow, I’ve never seen someone panic with the ball so much, I wonder sometimes if he’s actually scared to get the ball (not having a go at his courage, more so that he worries about what will happen when he has it in his hands).

I was becoming uneasy about some of the optimism on this board regarding top four chances and riding the results of the other teams around us. There was a bit of presupposition that we would continue our form line into the final three games of the year. When history tells us that when the Dogs are in this situation, they tend to capitulate like a house of cards.

The previous four weeks were glorious, no doubt. But, afraid to say, top tier teams get it done when it's not backs to the wall and us against the world. Genuine top tier teams win the games they should. They win from a position of favouritism. Until we can get this thing right between the ears, we will continue to be nothing more than the biggest teasers in the competition.

Spud coaching, spud midfield, spud forwards, Naughton awful, poor everything. we don't do well in Adelaide. big lesson, not sure we can win the big prize with this type of play. have to win the next two or we are out of the finals. Perro not happy.

Vdm ?What is his purpose in the team. Absolute joke

He needs to go. He looks lost out there and in the 21 games he has somehow played this season, I can’t recall him sticking a tackle. But watch, he’ll get a game next week and the week after, and if we fluke it, the week after that.

Credit to the crows, they did play out of their skins but our inaccuracy has once again come back to bite us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy RD 22 - Exposed by the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Back