Preview Rd 24 - Brisbane Lions v Essendon @ GABBA Sat 24th August (7.25pm AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In business and marketing, timing is everything. I can’t see this “offer” making much appeal. With the prospect of a single home Elimination Final looming and then a Semi-Final in either Sydney, Adelaide or Melbourne and then a possible ‘away’ Preliminary final, before a highly unlikely Grand Final appearance at the MCG, I imagine sales will be low.
View attachment 2085759
View attachment 2085761
It's clever by the club, some will take it up. What happens is, if you simply renew your tickets for the next year the September Member is automatically included hence you pay more. Revenue by subterfuge.

In the mix, R24: Who's under the pump, pushing for selection?

brisbane.jpg

The fitness of Jarrod Berry, who will be tested on Thursday to see if he's overcome a hamstring scare, will be central to the Lions' team to face Essendon. If the wingman misses, Harry Sharp could step up from the sub's role into the 22, with Deven Robertson another option as he continues a fine VFL season. Small forwards have given the Lions headaches in recent weeks, which could open the door for either Noah Answerth or James Madden to be considered. Veteran Jarryd Lyons continued to rack them up in the VFL, collecting a game-high 41 touches to go with his 10 clearances, nine marks and eight tackles. – Michael Whiting

Last week's sub: Harry Sharp (replaced Jarrod Berry)
essendon.jpg

The Bombers' finals chances are officially over ahead of a tough trip to Brisbane on Saturday night. Forward Matt Guelfi could make his return from a hamstring injury, having last played in round 19. Retiring veteran Dyson Heppell could be given one final game, but he has played just once in five weeks at any level. Elijah Tsatas (41 disposals, eight clearances and a goal) dominated at VFL level again, while mid-season recruit Saad El-Hawli (27) did his chances of an AFL debut no harm, although it was just his second game back from an ankle injury. Will Setterfield (27, six clearances and a goal) and Nick Hind (32) were busy again. - Dejan Kalinic

Last week's sub: Jye Menzie (replaced Nick Bryan)

It's good that they look at the mental side of things but hopefully we are adjusting our game plan in those late game situations. Some of the footage shown for our set up with McCreery's goal was concerning. We had 6 forwards outside 50 still. I know there was still time on the clock but surely we push more forwards up to the stoppage and congest it better.

It's good that they look at the mental side of things but hopefully we are adjusting our game plan in those late game situations. Some of the footage shown for our set up with McCreery's goal was concerning. We had 6 forwards outside 50 still. I know there was still time on the clock but surely we push more forwards up to the stoppage and congest it better.

Especially after giving up two straight goals. Of course in the past against Melbourne we did the opposite and it happened all the same. Frustrating and when it happens again at the MCG it’s upsetting.

Bombers not expected to win this one and shot their chances for finals.
Reads a recipe for disaster for us.. They have a good game.
Wish we have umps that help us win at home although more likely then not we do not get those frees the pies seem too.

Bombers not expected to win this one and shot their chances for finals.
Reads a recipe for disaster for us.. They have a good game.
Wish we have umps that help us win at home although more likely then not we do not get those frees the pies seem too.
The Bombers minds will already be halfway to Bali for their end of season shenanigans, Lions by 10+ goals.

Joyce on the channel 7 news talking about his broken jaw.
Head gear just a precaution in case he cops something on the broken jaw side.
Any hit will just lessen the impact.
He has been on a liquid diet since it happened.
He saw his surgeon today and was told 2 more weeks of no chewing so more liquid mince apparently.
Joyce said he has not lost any weight though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He saw his surgeon today and was told 2 more weeks of no chewing so more liquid mince apparently.
What a brave guy, playing with a broken jaw. Hopefully he has a fast recovery.

Don't see that they've got any hope on what I've seen of them lately. You'd have to think we've still got plenty to play for and those fighting for positions keen to impress.
You also think GWS game was a wake up call to take your chances when they are there
Although we did the same against the pies missed easy shots did not consolidate when we had the run on

You don't reckon he has a last hurrah in him, or that his team mates won't lift for the occasion? Bit chill for my thinking.
It may have occured in Melbourne last week to give them an edge, but, at the Gabba? When Brisbane fans want a win? Nah.

Any idea how many Essendon fans there will be at the ground on Saturday night? I'm hoping that late release of the Round 24 fixture means there are fewer than in previous years.
There will be a few of them down the bottom of the stairs at Gate 2, you'll find in a strange coincidence most of them were Uncles.

I do not understand how you can play a contact sport with a broken bone. I've said before that I've had 5 non displaced fractures in the past 12 months and it's draining.. even after the first wave of pain has subsided, it nags and my reflex was to protect the sites.

To go out onto a field where you know you are about to get slammed physically. Wow. I could not do that. I'd be running in the opposite direction from the action.

Sure he has a face mask. I hope it's made of carbon fibre. It would be strong but then if it did get broken all those fibres near eyes.

I'm surprised it's allowed, but of course the doctors would be in control.

I hope.

You also think GWS game was a wake up call to take your chances when they are there
Although we did the same against the pies missed easy shots did not consolidate when we had the run on
I hope fages gave them some learnings about passing the footy , instead of the glory shot.
We need some steel back in our game , forget the funny stuff get focussed on just playing.
Last week Moore had that look about him , I haven't seen for , well like last year.
He reminstrated he outmarked our players in a contest , looked mad.
That's what I want to see, some grit, no pussyfooting around, back slapping is ok , but keep your steel , move on, otherwise we have celebrated nothing.
As you say take your chances when they are there and this year we can win if the boys really want to win the cup and not just a game over a mid tier team.
We see that steel from Rayner we win.

I know this is controvercial and some of you will go , take it easy man. it's only a game.
Okay.
Get rid of the songs, get fair dinkum.
No more over celebrating , I'd like to know f they are actually a distraction for the players concentration, STEEL.
Now I love it , but , think about it, does this over celebration from us fans rub off on to the boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back