Preview Rd 24 - Brisbane Lions v Essendon @ GABBA Sat 24th August (7.25pm AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know this is controvercial and some of you will go , take it easy man. it's only a game.
Okay.
Get rid of the songs, get fair dinkum.
No more over celebrating , I'd like to know f they are actually a distraction for the players concentration, STEEL.
Now I love it , but , think about it, does this over celebration from us fans rub off on to the boys.
Personally, as a former (very very ordinary) player, I'm a bit in your boat on this.

But from what I've seen this season, our guys play better when they are over-celebrating. So, if it works, go for it as far as I'm concerned.

Everyone's different. Maybe it's a generational thing as well.

I think someone pointed out they have a bad record for milestone games (or maybe just Heppells). Some clubs don't get up for them and they are looking pretty shot at the moment
It felt like we had a terrible record on milestone games for quite a few years but then again, we were generally pretty terrible during that time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another defensive shake up for this game.
Haven’t been able to get any continuity down there all year really.
On the bright side we should have our best defensive group available (except Kiddy) for finals.

Lester, Andrews, Wilmot.
Starcevich, Payne, Zorko.

Answerth or McKenna?

Arguable that either Gardiner or Doedee would be an upgrade on Froggy.

Team selections look strong with a shuffle of a few players in a few key positions for the game that provides IMO a better balance.

I hope he has had a training block.

I said, nothing surer.

The main thing that concerns me is the inclusion photos. Answerth looks angry to have been selected whereas McKenna looks happy to be there. Just something to keep an eye on.

IMG_7529.jpeg

Last edited:
If the Bombers haven't learnt from the Pies' ability to take out Andrews ( on every occasion ! ) with a tagger and therfore render our already weak backline bereft without any intercept marking option - oh and tag Neale - then on their head be it.

All clubs seem to be on the hunt for a 2nd and 3rd tall intercept marking option - except us. They seem to grow on tress at St Kilda and Perth but we have precisely none. 2024 will be the season without Kiddy. What a huge loss that was.

I don't think I could take another MCG over-run. Too many ghosts - Roys in 81 83 and 84 and Lions seeminly whenever they play there. It's really shattering for supporters - the team can slink off the Brisbane and 'reset' in anonymity whilst we have to wear it downtown for months.

I don't think I could take another MCG over-run. Too many ghosts - Roys in 81 83 and 84 and Lions seeminly whenever they play there. It's really shattering for supporters - the team can slink off the Brisbane and 'reset' in anonymity whilst we have to wear it downtown for months.
This Lions team seems to have its own version of the Colliwobbles.

On the bright side we should have our best defensive group available (except Kiddy) for finals.

Lester, Andrews, Wilmot.
Starcevich, Payne, Zorko.

Answerth or McKenna?

Arguable that either Gardiner or Doedee would be an upgrade on Froggy.
Gardiner is a key forward isn’t he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back