Preview Rd 24 - Brisbane Lions v Essendon @ GABBA Sat 24th August (7.25pm AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Bombers haven't learnt from the Pies' ability to take out Andrews ( on every occasion ! ) with a tagger and therfore render our already weak backline bereft without any intercept marking option - oh and tag Neale - then on their head be it.

All clubs seem to be on the hunt for a 2nd and 3rd tall intercept marking option - except us. They seem to grow on tress at St Kilda and Perth but we have precisely none. 2024 will be the season without Kiddy. What a huge loss that was.

I don't think I could take another MCG over-run. Too many ghosts - Roys in 81 83 and 84 and Lions seeminly whenever they play there. It's really shattering for supporters - the team can slink off the Brisbane and 'reset' in anonymity whilst we have to wear it downtown for months.

Isn’t that why we got Doedee

Agree with the changes, Brain has great potential but is no good defensively yet, Answerth can lock down and McKenna can give us a bit of drive seeing as though someone is certain to sit on Zorko all game

I've got a mate who, as a stroppy teenager, decided to annoy his family and change clubs from them. His girlfriend at the time was a Bombers fan so he went with them. His family are all Geelong. This was in 2001. LOL!!!

Anyway, he reckons Durham and Langford are the ones for us to keep a lid on this weekend.

(BTW, he broke up with his girlfriend.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back