Autopsy Rd 4 v Brisbane - Game Discussion and Changes for Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing wrong with that at all. It's your opinion.you may well be spot on the money.
I don't think anyone thinks Ricky is a jet or without some pretty serious flaws.
The thing that does my head in is knocking the bloke when he does play well.
And this is exactly it.

He's not in our top 15 most talented, but he is one of our hardest workers, fearless players and someone that can be relied on to put his body on the line every day of the week.

He won't be around for many years but while he's here he's gonna bust his backside. Credit where credit is due, and he's earnt a lot of it this year.

Didn't Heppell make it very clear during his draft that he only wanted to go to efc ??
That was Elliot Kavanagh in the 2011 draft , He was touted as a top 10 selection but slipped down to #19 due to he or his fathers remarks about only playing for essendon

That was Elliot Kavanagh in the 2011 draft , He was touted as a top 10 selection but slipped down to #19 due to he or his fathers remarks about only playing for essendon
Worked out well. He's ****ing awful.

yeah but Dimma is gunna want a battering ram in there RD. I am tipping Lloyd, which will piss me off, because he has done more than enough to warrant a spot.
Jackson should be the battering ram. The 2 of them together is way too slow.

Who does the names for the photos on the RFC website?

Lloyd got called Helbig, Rockliff got called Redden in 3 seperate photos :drunk::drunk:

Haven't they been at it since the preseason ??
Yep. Gordon didn't get a go in that until the end of the Bombers game and showed a fair bit. And Lloyd showed more than King. Doesn't really matter now they're in the side and really showing a lot and that's all that really matters.

Grigg has to go, if Dimma lives by his mantra of 'when it's your turn to go you go' then he needs to be sent back to the VFL to work on his defensive game.

Edwards would have been a definite out if not for the last quarter.

Hampson can tap the football, but can't do anything else - hopefully will improve but ATM is one dimensional

Petterd is a hard at it player who runs well, but I have to look away when it comes to his skills

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scrappy win. Conditions were tougher than what they looked. Brisbane flooded numbers back after we got away early making it tough for forwards.
Liked jacks game - looked a lot freer. Martin was useful in the forward line. Thought hampson was good. Thought Jackson was good. I must be the Lone Ranger but I didn't think grigg stank it up as bad as everyone here reckons. Thought vlas and arnott were good too as was Lloyd and even pettard! Ellis didn't do much wrong but didn't have a dynamic impact. I think some posters expect junior players to dominate week in and week out but unless they're an absolute freak, it's not going to happen. Wasn't a great game, but happy to get a win.

He is the new Jacko. It was only 2 seasons ago the same old suspects wanted Hackson delisted... How times have changed.

Add white to that list. Most here either wanted him gone or as perm sub. Now he's the best ex rfc player since Geoff Raines

Add to this:

2013 - Blair is the man to save our club because he's getting value role players to the club cheaply

2014 - Blair is a tool because he is getting dud retreads instead of leaving pick 82 for FJ to find the next Gazza Jr

yeah but Dimma is gunna want a battering ram in there RD. I am tipping Lloyd, which will piss me off, because he has done more than enough to warrant a spot.
Probably right but I hope not

As a link up man he plays his role exactly the way Dimma wants him too. Yeah had a bad one last week, but he wasnt alone. Last night provided an outlet from defence and didnt really make any errors if any. ;

As an outlet he needs to be the next effective kick out of defence.. not an effective kick sideways.. I'll give credit that he does run hard to create space but he isn't a damaging footballer.. he can accumulate a lot of ball but doesn't really do anything with it and against good sides he gets found it.
Teams watch a lot of footage of their opposition and it doesn't surprise me that they allow Grigg time with the ball..

As an outlet he needs to be the next effective kick out of defence.. not an effective kick sideways.. I'll give credit that he does run hard to create space but he isn't a damaging footballer.. he can accumulate a lot of ball but doesn't really do anything with it and against good sides he gets found it.
Teams watch a lot of footage of their opposition and it doesn't surprise me that they allow Grigg time with the ball..

yeah I understand that, but at the end of the day, he minimizes the chance to make a mistake by making sure his kick gets to a team mate. Be it sideways be it down the ground and the end of the day he is a safe player who runs all day and becomes a target when we desperately need an out of a bind. He aint gunna take the footy world by storm but he is a piece of a puzzle that plays his role and does it well.

Sorry to say it but Grigg is not a top 4 team player. It's not to say he might not scratch a game in these sides but he's holding us back.

We're trying to develop Vlas, Ellis, Lennon, Conc even Dusty and unfortunately it's Grigg, Petterd, Hampson, Thomas, Houli etc that are the middle tier grunt of our side that are tasked with teaching them. Cotch and Deledio haven't developed in an elite side themselves and need to worry about their own games first.

Our kids aren't running alongside Stevie J, Bartel, Mackie or Hodge and Mitchell and it's hurting us. We need to stop buying home brand and inject some real mature talent to change the team's mindset or come up with another theory altogether.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 4 v Brisbane - Game Discussion and Changes for Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back