Autopsy Rd 4 v Brisbane - Game Discussion and Changes for Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Petterd played really well tonight except the odd hiccup, could be a crucial player if he can play consistently.
Grigg and Edwards horrible as they have been lately.
Vickery may very well be gone when Big Ivan is back, pending Griff keeps playing like he has been (good).

P.S there it is, 'credit to Brisbane'

I have to say that I like Pettard as a player. The way I look at it is that he has a go unlike some others (Grigg) and will happily put his body on the line to affect a spoil. Does make the odd bad decision here and there but I would happily take that.

My father always said that Success in anything comes down to 80% hard work and 20% god given talent. Pettard I feel gives his all and if half of the team had is endeavor and hunger then I think we could well be a top 4 side.

Gordon, Arnot and Lloyd all need to stay in the team, these guys are part of what we're aiming for.

Surprise surprise once we stopped chipping and hand balling sideways we blew them out of the water by 8 goals. ****ing useless coaching that we don't play that way all the time.
It's simple and it works, our game plan is disgustingly slow and stymied, when we run and kick long to an open forward line WE ****ING SCORE.
Get that through your head Hardwick.

Petterd cost us two goals with shit sloppy possesion on the last line of defence. He tries hard, but he and Thomas need to make way.
Grigg and Edwards are infuriating, Houli and Newman are both passengers.

Maric in for Hampson can't come soon enough.

Out: Petterd, Grigg, Newman
In: Mcdonough, Lennon, Deledio

"Yeah nah look it was really pleasing that the boys stood up when challenged, credit to Brisbane they're a great side. There's a few things we need to improve on and wel iron those out in training through the week. I was disappointed in the work rate in the 3rd quarter but the boys dug in and it was good to get the 4 points. Wel take it as a sign on improvement and move forward as a group."
That you dimma?

Out : Thomas, Grigg, Grimes.

In: Rance , Foley , Lids if not fit McDonough

Newman, Astbury, Chaplin
Houli, Rance, Vlas
Ellis Jacko Conca
Dusty Griff Edwards
Llyod, Jack Arnott
Hammer Cotch Lids
Foley, Morris, Petterd, Gordon

Gordon, Arnot and Lloyd all need to stay in the team, these guys are part of what we're aiming for.

Surprise surprise once we stopped chipping and hand balling sideways we blew them out of the water by 8 goals. ******* useless coaching that we don't play that way all the time.
It's simple and it works, our game plan is disgustingly slow and stymied, when we run and kick long to an open forward line WE ******* SCORE.
Get that through your head Hardwick.

Petterd cost us two goals with shit sloppy possesion on the last line of defence. He tries hard, but he and Thomas need to make way.
Grigg and Edwards are infuriating, Houli and Newman are both passengers.

Maric in for Hampson can't come soon enough.

Out: Petterd, Grigg, Newman
In: Mcdonough, Lennon, Deledio

No way Petterd will get dropped. Credit where credit is due and he was amongst our bests tonight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can understand your frustration with your side losing tonight. Better luck next time? At least your mob won a quarter.

Gordon looks really good because he actually leads and provides an option (up forward)
Our team as a whole still made many errors. We showed some desperation early on but still lacking that extra class which is evident through our terrible accuracy and wasted opportunities.
Can't wait for Deledio to come back and most of all IVAN! Hampson is not up to it. Never was at Carlton either..where are the hampson lovers now. Face the facts and not have false hope.
Petterd was pretty good, but thats the standard required of an AFL footballer. Vickery needs to have a hard look at himself and gather form in the VFL.
Riewoldt looking good when hes close to goal.

Dusty is a beast up forward just leave him there

Agreed. The Coaching staff stuffed up during the pre-season and changing our structure. Changing positions of players are for those who are struggling to get a game in the best 22 or earn their position over better players. You don't change positions of players such as Riewoldt or Martin who are our best players. Due to this unnecessary experimentation we are starting the season on the back foot and unlikely to make up the ground to make the finals.

The other thing is I believe that a 2 tall forward line works for us better than the 3 tall forward line which we were playing earlier in the year. Finally, as I mentioned is that we play better when we don't over possess the ball. It catches the opposition players off guard and our skills dramatically improved in the 3rd qtr onwards when we were playing more direct.

Last edited:
Martin HAS to play 50/50 midfield and forward. Never on the half back line ever ever ever ever again.

Petterd, apart from the brain fart when he didn't rush it through, was very solid and even kicked a few lace out passes. Very versatile.

Arnot needs to play every week, adds some real aggression.

Gordon is perfect as a sub.

Cotch stepped it up when we needed him to. Very proud of him.

Take the four points. Good last quarter. Hopefully we build on it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 4 v Brisbane - Game Discussion and Changes for Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back