Autopsy Rd 4 v Brisbane - Game Discussion and Changes for Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

The Good:
- Forward line structure looked much better except for the 2nd quarter. Lock Griffiths in at CHF, Jack at FF and surround them with Dusty Lloyd Gordon and it's a dangerous mix.
- Cotchin standing up when it was needed.

The Bad:
- The second quarter and first half of the 3rd quarter. That was as poor a brand of footy as I've seen us play since Hardwicks first 9 games.
- Grigg 29 disposals 23 uncontested 0 TACKLES (only player in the side to have 0) yet he'll be out there again next week. Soft shit like this shouldn't be tolerated. Gordon was only for 1/3 of the game and laid 4 tackles.
- S.Edwards last quarter goals will probably keep him in the side too as will Newmans 10 minutes of influence.

Changes:
What I'd like to see is: Out Grigg Newman S.Edwards In: McDonough Lennon Helbig.
What we're likely to get is no change unless Deledio gets up.

Finally lock these guys in for our future from tonight:
Martin Ellis Cotchin Riewoldt Astbury Petterd Houli Hampson Jackson Griffiths Conca Vlastuin Morris Gordon Lloyd.

I can understand your frustration with your side losing tonight. Better luck next time? At least your mob won a quarter.

Yeah, was hoping Dimma would be sacked this week. Won't happen now :(

I have to say that I like Pettard as a player. The way I look at it is that he has a go unlike some others (Grigg) and will happily put his body on the line to affect a spoil. Does make the odd bad decision here and there but I would happily take that.

My father always said that Success in anything comes down to 80% hard work and 20% god given talent. Pettard I feel gives his all and if half of the team had is endeavor and hunger then I think we could well be a top 4 side.

Not the biggest fan of petterd but if its between him and grigg for a spot I'd pick him every time. Grigg wasn't that bad today but he has been running around getting cheap possessions for years now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Lol or is Mcguane just crap?

Bit harsh on the warrior, probably shouldn't have played.
The Herald Sun said he was still 1-2 weeks away with a knee.
Think Leppa forced the issue, he had to try something.

I hate to be a negative nancy but when Brown took that last mark, say it was Pettard infront of Brown instead of Grigg, do you think Petterd would've got in the road forced the ball out of bounds or taken a few steps to the side in fear like Grigg?

Grigg had 29 touches yes, but I noticed Arnott more who only had 13 touches.

I was an advocate of Grigg but now as I'm involved in the VFL team, seeing McDonough, Lennon, Helbig, McIntosh, Miles, Darrou etc, it pains me to know that these guy will provide just as much, if not more than Grigg while gathering less touches.

Grimes position must be in doubt. Rance or Batchelor thanks.

Foley needs to come in but for who, I'm not sure.

Tackle practice for Houli all week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate to be a negative nancy but when Brown took that last mark, say it was Pettard infront of Brown instead of Grigg, do you think Petterd would've got in the road forced the ball out of bounds or taken a few steps to the side in fear like Grigg?

Grigg had 29 touches yes, but I noticed Arnott more who only had 13 touches.

I was an advocate of Grigg but now as I'm involved in the VFL team, seeing McDonough, Lennon, Helbig, McIntosh, Miles, Darrou etc, it pains me to know that these guy will provide just as much, if not more than Grigg while gathering less touches.

He needs to go. Houli is close to him as well, and Newman is past it too.

Batchelor, Lennon and Helbig are all kids who would hit the contest harder and provide run and spark, they should be the ones getting the games. We're not a flag threat this year, it makes ****ing sense to play these kids who might be there when we are.

Been loving bigfooty this past month. We're a game and % off top 4 without our best defender (injured), ruckman (injured), 2nd best player (injured) and chf from last year (form) and a bunch of people had a coronary. 2-3 when we're so down on form isn't the end of the world. Thank God these people aren't in charge. Someone want to go and loosen that noose that was popped around Graham Burge's neck the other day?

He needs to go. Houli is close to him as well, and Newman is past it too.

Batchelor, Lennon and Helbig are all kids who would hit the contest harder and provide run and spark, they should be the ones getting the games. We're not a flag threat this year, it makes ******* sense to play these kids who might be there when we are.
Why?
For what reason?
How about they get a kick in the twos first?
It could be argued that Batchelor and Helbig are in fact - no good.

Half way through the third quarter onwards, something just seemed to click and we finally started to overlap and move the ball on quickly. Hopefully we continue to play like that next week and for the rest of the season

Key points:

Structure was alot better: When Maric comes back, Hampson should go out

The foot skills of Ben Griffths are amazing for a big man.

Would like to see Nathan Gordon play one or two more games as sub before he gets a full game again. But he was excellent tonight.

Petterd had a great game tonight, that kick to thomas is what we want. (Shame thomas had a lack of awareness)

Don't like Martin playing as a forward for most of a game. Needs to play in the midfield alot more. Makes us a better side. I'm fine with him resting forward that's normal, not most of the game. Don't give me, he doesn't have the tank because he has had plenty of 30 odd disposal games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 4 v Brisbane - Game Discussion and Changes for Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back