Preview Rd 5, 2014 - Brisbane Lions v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIIIIIIIIIIIINK

Get Foxtel you parasite. I don't pay 80 dollars a month to give charity to PhD students sponging off the public purse!!!!!!!!!

Get Foxtel you parasite. I don't pay 80 dollars a month to give charity to PhD graduates sponging off the public purse!!!!!!!!!
EFA

18B5Zul.gif

I know everyone is expecting a heavy loss and it is difficult to do anything but agree when looking at the inexperienced line up but I think the coaches have deliberately selected a side that will attempt to dominate the clearances and contested ball. Moloney, Redden, Rockliff, Lester, Robertson, Zorko. The potential is there for these boy's to win the stoppages and if we can get on top in this area early and kick some early goals like we did against Port, Richmond may start to panic and crack under the pressure. I still expect them to run over the top of us though with their more experienced bodies and an extra days break but if we get off to a good start we may be able to keep the margin to something like 30-40 points.
THIS. We win the clearances and stoppages (which we should), the Tigers would then have to work twice as hard defensively to block off our outside run and spread... They will tire and hopefully our inside mids will bruise them and cause them to panic a bit... they bomb it high and long into their forward line but we will have Lisle, Gardiner, JPats, Clarke and possibly West pushing back taking taking grabs over players half their size. It's the only explanation I can think of for our insanely tall backline considering they have 1 decent KPF playing.

What did he say mate?

The usual stuff. But it was the tone, real fighting words, we don't get many high profile games. Members and supporters are frustrated because of so little finals but these types of games set the tone for the next few years, that sort of stuff. Focus will be on running and Rocky thinks there is an opportunity to hit them on the spread. Leigh Matthews addressed the players at training today and said basically what Browny did in his previous 249 games isn't important, the next one is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The usual stuff. But it was the tone, real fighting words, we don't get many high profile games. Members and supporters are frustrated because of so little finals but these types of games set the tone for the next few years, that sort of stuff. Focus will be on running and Rocky thinks there is an opportunity to hit them on the spread. Leigh Matthews addressed the players at training today and said basically what Browny did in his previous 249 games isn't important, the next one is.
I thought he spoke really well, gotta be the next Captain. Robbo & Gerard were suitably impressed. Robbo said he got the feeling that Rocky was ready to play right now ! Robbo also mentioned that he could feel within Rocky, that there was a mix of Lethal, Browny & Leppa speaking, Gerard agreed.
It's not what he said, but how he said it.

Five kids from last year's draft in our side. For me that says it all about our situation. We are depleted and we are taking the long hard road to building a side for the future. The problem being we have been down this road since we lost to Port Adel in the Grand Final. It's rather sad most of us will be pleased with a competitive performance against Richmond. A win tomorrow night for the great man in his 250th would be super special but seems most unlikely. Richmond desperate to get their season back on track and here we are on our knees. Let's see who can stand up for our club in such a big game. Glad to read today that Leppa and the coaching staff have encouraged the boys to attack and be aggressive and take risks.

My biggest fear for the game is we let Cotchin and Martin run free and pick up a million uncontested possessions - maybe Lester can run with Cotchin now that Raines seems destine to never play again.

Go get em boys and do it for Browny do it for yourselves and do it for us loyal patient supporters.

I think the boys will run out onto the Gabba pitch with determination and will use one mans tremendous milestone to inspire a big win... that man of course... is Rohan Bewick on his 50th.

Seriously though, I am putting money on us to win, I'm feeling the passion of the team and Rocky, and know we will dig deep for this one. For Brownie, for Leppa, for EACH OTHER. The boys will band together.

All we can do is get behind the boys, this is tougher for them than it is for us. Wouldn't be the greatest feeling going out there and trying your best, but getting hammered in the process. They need a good, vocal and supportive crowd, so they get that little bit extra that drives them on, a bit of confidence in themselves and what they are doing. They need to be told that they are doing a great job in our eyes, and stuff the media crap that tells them they are a basket case...

I actually love leppas attitude with playing the younger blokes. Not only does his youth focussed approach give a sense of hopw to the young guys that they are a realistic chance of breaking into the squad but he also lets them play a few games consecutivwly before dropping them. I can only imagine how much pressure has been takenoff these giys knowing that they dont have to worry about being dropped if they make a few errors. I reckon this policy will avoid any further mass walkouts like last year.
Not sure about that. I rekon they would want to be part of a successful team

I dont think we will be tall down back. To me gardiner coming in signals that Lisle will be pushed forward to be 2nd ruck, or will at least be needed in the ruck enough that we need that extra defender. Patfull might play as a loose defender, when West goes to the bench, Lisle goes to the ruck, Patfull takes someone, we all shuffle up and Adcock or Cutler takes over as the spare man.

Otherwise Bewick could be the sub, and we run with Brown and Lisle, along with McGuane and Paine as 3rd and 4th talls and we stretch them that way. One of the talls comes off for Bewick later on for extra run.

Time for a miracle and it IS Easter.
Would be such a wonderful lift for everyone, if they somehow got up for Brownies 250th.
I thought for one moment you meant TBD being nice to Haso. Won't happen.

My biggest fear for the game is we let Cotchin and Martin run free and pick up a million uncontested possessions - maybe Lester can run with Cotchin now that Raines seems destine to never play again.

Robbo asked Rockliff about this directly - his question was pretty much "Can we expect Cotchin to be targeted and hit hard?" He said yes of course. We'll see.

I dont think we will be tall down back. To me gardiner coming in signals that Lisle will be pushed forward to be 2nd ruck, or will at least be needed in the ruck enough that we need that extra defender. Patfull might play as a loose defender, when West goes to the bench, Lisle goes to the ruck, Patfull takes someone, we all shuffle up and Adcock or Cutler takes over as the spare man.

Otherwise Bewick could be the sub, and we run with Brown and Lisle, along with McGuane and Paine as 3rd and 4th talls and we stretch them that way. One of the talls comes off for Bewick later on for extra run.
I think the Richmond backline can definitely be exploited. Astbury seems to be improving, but the rest haven't really been up to it with the absence of Rance.

It's game 4, of a new season, with a new coach, and we are forced to play some new players. We aren't going to perform the best, but adding an older bloke or two might not improve things anyway.

Some people have got to stop being so negative, we need to be looking to the future, and being more positive about our situation. The season is not over yet, and if at the end of it we have 3-5 wins, but some brilliant signs from our new guys, I will be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back