Preview Rd 5, 2014 - Brisbane Lions v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I in the minority here when I think that McGuane could actually make a bit of a difference tonight?

Not at all. Liked his pre-season. I'd have him as #1 on our tall forward depth chart now. Sorry to my namesake.

Expecting McGuane to be a bit rusty first up though, coming off his first hitout in a while and a short break.

Am I in the minority here when I think that McGuane could actually make a bit of a difference tonight?
No I am very excited to watch him debut for the club. One of our main struggles this year has been our ability to turn attacking plays into goals. I think McGuane can be a bit of a threat both in the air and at ground level when he is playing well and if he fires tonight which he should do considering he is playing his 1st game for the Lions against his old club then he could kick 2-4 goals.

This is the Luke McGuane who is an unreliable kick for goal, has never been able to hold down the 3rd forward spot for a full season. Now we have him as a our number 1 forward. I know I am being pessimistic but I think this discussion points to how screwed we are at the moment.

This is the Luke McGuane who is an unreliable kick for goal, has never been able to hold down the 3rd forward spot for a full season. Now we have him as a our number 1 forward. I know I am being pessimistic but I think this discussion points to how screwed we are at the moment.
I never said a 'match winning' difference, innit.

Breaking news: Our forward line is a mess. And now here's Tom with the weather.

I never said a 'match winning' difference, innit.
I never said you said that! ha

I just hope Leppa mixes things up tonight.

On a personal note I would like to see

1.Adcock removed from the backline and give us drive through the midfield and in the forward line
2.Bewick played down back
3.Everyone is putting Lisle as our back up ruck, but Clarke stands at the same height. It might be worthwhile seeing Clarkey have a run up forward and play second fiddle in the ruck. At least he will be more mobile.
4.Golby playing through midfield and forward of the ball and play Aish in the back line. Would also like to see Aish given kicking out responsibilities

Whatever the moves, Leppa needs to mix things up, new roles, new belief, I love it how Schwabby came out and said the boys will take it on. Would rather see us turn the ball over trying to move the ball quickly through the midfield or by kicking long and quickly to a contest rather than chip ourselves into a massive hole!

Whatever the moves, Leppa needs to mix things up, new roles, new belief, I love it how Schwabby came out and said the boys will take it on. Would rather see us turn the ball over trying to move the ball quickly through the midfield or by kicking long and quickly to a contest rather than chip ourselves into a massive hole!

Yeah, Rocky was singing from the same hymn sheet. Said the lack of offensive run and dare was terrible last week. Surely the message of the week from Leppa was to show some goddamn attacking intent.

Hanley will be a big loss there unfortunately. More often than not he's often the guy that lights the fuse.

Geez we lack spark without Green too. Think his absence has slid under the radar a bit but he really adds some infectious energy.

Wow we are tanking? I didn't think the AFL thought tanking existed. By extension we are bringing the previously hitherto non-existent into existence, isn't that a sign of genius?

Yeah, Rocky was singing from the same hymn sheet. Said the lack of offensive run and dare was terrible last week. Surely the message of the week from Leppa was to show some goddamn attacking intent.

All season it has been a massive issue, liked how Leppa and Schwabby have gone some way to debunking the myth of Leppa's game plan being based around chipping the ball around the whole ground.

How do you keep posting TBD, you on holidays?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't taught in 4 years, I now just shuffle papers.

That's the dream. Teaching would be great if it wasn't for the students, principals, parents, assessment, reporting and professional development.

EDIT: Partially kidding, the students are ok. ;)

Not at all. I have acttually been looking forward to him having a run. I think he will make a big difference up forward and take some of the spotlight of Browny as well.

If we can get more than 29 inside 50s this week he might kick a few.

Just thinking of that after the siren goal against Geelong. Probably says a lot about why we are struggling now. Merrett (suspended) to Yeo (traded) to Black (retired) to Patfull (lost all form) to Adcock (going just OK) to Zorko to McGrath (injured).

With the amount of simpsons avatars going around, i'm starting to think this is more of a simpsons board than a lions board now :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back