Preview Rd 6 - Carlton v Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
gee i thought we were having a rough run...i just had a look at your injuries and just seeing that beams and rockliff are unlikely.
yet im still not confident we can get over your boys...
will be interesting to see how this game unfolds.

your season maybe almost done like ours....none the less, all the best for whats ahead...

Don't stress. WCE supporters were making similar posts a couple of weeks ago, and the Suns supporters last week. You'll be fine. :D

Pardon the intrusion, but I notice a lot of pessimism on your board about this game. I realize you have lots of injuries, and players out of form, but, I'm genuinely worried about this game. Our team has been so soft, and lacking pressure, intensity and desperation, that anything could happen.
As the saying goes, "A week is a long time in football". May the team that makes the least mistakes, and shows more desperation win.

Pending that Rockliff & Beams will be unavailable, I think the team will be the youngest we have ever fielded...

My prediction

Paparone Gardiner Lester
Harwood Clarke Cutler
Adcock Redden Robertson
Zorko Andrews Christensen
Taylor McStay Dawson
Martin Robinson Rich

Aish Bewick C.Beams Golby

I am scared...

Pardon the intrusion, but I notice a lot of pessimism on your board about this game. I realize you have lots of injuries, and players out of form, but, I'm genuinely worried about this game. Our team has been so soft, and lacking pressure, intensity and desperation, that anything could happen.
As the saying goes, "A week is a long time in football". May the team that makes the least mistakes, and shows more desperation win.

tumblr_m6xhrkuOJY1r4gei2o1_400.gif

I agree!

Any news on Mcguane , has he just come off the injury list?
If so , what do yus think the chance of him starting this week considering our options or lack of.
Could he be the next Martin?
ok wishful thinking I know.
Most likely in a couple of weeks, then he's our next Martin .

I don't know what I want tbh - if we win, some of the heat gets taken off.

If we lose, it all gets worse.

FWIW, I think we'll be beaten comfortably - but I'd at least like to still be in the game before red time in the first.....

I don't know what I want tbh - if we win, some of the heat gets taken off.

If we lose, it all gets worse.

FWIW, I think we'll be beaten comfortably - but I'd at least like to still be in the game before red time in the first.....

So you are not sure if you want it to get better or you want it to get even worse ... do you have competing pros and cons on each option?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And I'm hanging all my Lion's flags and the VERY last Brisbane Lions rug that I bought back in....98? 99? out the front of my house up here in Poona.

I don't care, I'm already the Crazy Cat Man as 2 of my cats come walking with me in the morning, so let's make it even more obvious I'm a mental case :D

Reneged on my membership too - not sure exactly how I will afford it, but I didn't desert the club ever before and I won't now. I can't ever really go to any home games, but maybe I can offer my seat BACK to the club somehow.

So you are not sure if you want it to get better or you want it to get even worse ... do you have competing pros and cons on each option?

Yep. Comes with the territory of being a mental patient :)

Pending that Rockliff & Beams will be unavailable, I think the team will be the youngest we have ever fielded...

My prediction

Paparone Gardiner Lester
Harwood Clarke Cutler
Adcock Redden Robertson
Zorko Andrews Christensen
Taylor McStay Dawson
Martin Robinson Rich

Aish Bewick C.Beams Golby

I am scared...

Nick Robbo quad strain apparently.

No mention of Rocky failing a concussion test in the bupa report. Nothing on Beams

Last edited:
gee i thought we were having a rough run...i just had a look at your injuries and just seeing that beams and rockliff are unlikely.
yet im still not confident we can get over your boys...
will be interesting to see how this game unfolds.

your season maybe almost done like ours....none the less, all the best for whats ahead...
Lol, Carlton by 10 goals easily.

is that good for our draft picks though? Is it that time of season when - to be a lions supporter you must not support the lions..?
It isn't good for the development of our kids, I do want wins but the reality is that we are so shit and riddled with injuries that we will finish bottom...

Pick 1 at least, let's just hope it's not a sook or royalty. :rolleyes:

It isn't good for the development of our kids, I do want wins but the reality is that we are so shit and riddled with injuries that we will finish bottom...

Pick 1 at least, let's just hope it's not a sook or royalty. :rolleyes:

Or a royal sook.

EDIT: My Bastet was a royal sook...:(

Last edited:
I will be going.
Although for the first time after last weeks game the thought crossed my mind about whether it will be worth it. I guess the answer is probably not, but there is also a not insignificant (20%) chance we could pull off one of the most needed victories in the Club's history. Those victories, when they are against all odds, are by far the best.
Yeah, I'm not a gambling man. I see zero chance of a win on our current form, but...
2012, round 10, we're sitting on 14th and the Eagles are number 1 on the ladder..
or 2013, round 13, we're 15th and Geelong 2nd...
We have virtually zero chance, but I'll be ****ed if I'm not watching a game, only to hear on the news that we pulled off a miracle. I just can't take a chance on missing a win.:footy::thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back