Preview Rd 6 - Carlton v Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah Leppa touched on it in his press conference this morning. Rocky has passed the test but if he is 'groggy' during and after training then might be better if he sits out. Although he did mention the 8 day break between games will be helpful in allowing Rocky to recover. So IDK if that means he'll be named and they'll fly him over with the possibility that he may not come good by Sunday and have to be a late withdrawal.

There's no way they'll keep him out. he'll be hungry for a game

There's no way they'll keep him out. he'll be hungry for a game
He will be a great leader in time - I just hope he doesn't think he has to right the ship all by himself.

PROS:

We've won 3 of our last 3 games at Etihad if you take out the two games we got smashed by Norf Melbourne.
Carlton is not Norf Melbourne.
We beat Carlton last time out.
Yay!

CONS:

Carlton have won 3 of their last 3 at Etihad if you take out the game they lost to Geelong.
Carlton beat Norf Melbourne in their last encounter.
Norf Melbourne smashed us.
If you take out the last game we played, which we won, they have won the previous 5.
Boo!

Prediction: The Victory and City derby on Saturday night might well produce more goals than we'll kick on Sunday. If Rockliff plays and we keep Carlton to less than 5 goals we can win but we will need to kick more than 5 goals and I don't have an awful lot of confidence in us doing that, especially if Allen Christensen has it anywhere within 2 metres of goal. If we get within the line (26.5 I think at the moment) I'll take it as a win, at least my wallet will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PROS:

We've won 3 of our last 3 games at Etihad if you take out the two games we got smashed by Norf Melbourne.
Carlton is not Norf Melbourne.
We beat Carlton last time out.
Yay!

CONS:

Carlton have won 3 of their last 3 at Etihad if you take out the game they lost to Geelong.
Carlton beat Norf Melbourne in their last encounter.
Norf Melbourne smashed us.
If you take out the last game we played, which we won, they have won the previous 5.
Boo!

Prediction: The Victory and City derby on Saturday night might well produce more goals than we'll kick on Sunday. If Rockliff plays and we keep Carlton to less than 5 goals we can win but we will need to kick more than 5 goals and I don't have an awful lot of confidence in us doing that, especially if Allen Christensen has it anywhere within 2 metres of goal. If we get within the line (26.5 I think at the moment) I'll take it as a win, at least my wallet will.

I like your thinking. We're coming off a win too, provided you dont count our last 7 losses ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back