Preview Rd 6 - Carlton v Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
xplo - Great preview!

I still hope to hear the blue supporters sullen and mumbling something like "Good the result was not" on their way out, halfway through the fourth.

Wonder what the rules are in terms of a player being over a concussion and available for selection, seeing as rocky apparently failed a concussion test yesterday. I guess you just need to pass one sometime before the game?

If we lose and no disrespect to the opposition but I hope we don't get told it was an honourable loss

Almost getting across the line ... hard fought battle full of heart and ferocity only to be pipped at the post ... sounds like an upgrade on what we have been serving up to me!

Almost getting across the line ... hard fought battle full of heart and ferocity only to be pipped at the post ... sounds like an upgrade on what we have been serving up to me!

Yep, I'd take a 4 quarter effort and an honourable loss on Sunday for sure.

Surely The Silvertails won't go Coast to Coast with the regularity of the previous 5 rounds. Surely?

Surely.

I think what really did us in against GC was how damaging their (very) talls were against our smaller back line. I've foolishly let myself believe that we may have better matchups for Henderson and Casboult, so we'll hopefully at least be competitive for longer.

With Browny saying Rocky is the strongest vocal on-field leader, could be the difference in this one if he plays. He'll kick goals as well which is another element we crave.

When we get Hanley and Rocky playing at the same time, we'll win some games. From the games I've seen, they are both the most vocal. Hanley doesn't mind giving out a spray on field which is what this group needs.

Surely.

I think what really did us in against GC was how damaging their (very) talls were against our smaller back line. I've foolishly let myself believe that we may have better matchups for Henderson and Casboult, so we'll hopefully at least be competitive for longer.

mmm... I remember thinking we could easily cover Waite in round 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder what the rules are in terms of a player being over a concussion and available for selection, seeing as rocky apparently failed a concussion test yesterday. I guess you just need to pass one sometime before the game?

There'll be further testing throughout the week until he passes out of the concussion protocol. I think the AFL largely adopted the NFL's system which is two or three tests of which you need to pass each in sequence.

I remember Smith from Adelaide being stretchered off in the same round as the Bartel concussion (I think). Smith played the next week.

Doesn't really answer your question but a few interesting exerts from this article.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-07/no-directive-on-bartel

Bartel said on Saturday he had cleared his concussion test, but been advised not to play because of the perception it may have created if he received another heavy hit.

"There was so much talk about it that it put the club in an awkward position. If I got a heavy hit to the head it would have been pretty tough for the club to defend," Bartel told 3AW.

Harcourt said the League does not impose a mandatory week off for concussed players, and says the AFL will be flexible around recovery times based on expert advice.

"At the moment the gold standard is the clinical assessment and functional activity of the player — how he can function in relation to a game," Harcourt said.

I read that to mean if they pass the concussion test then generally they're right to play.

There'll be further testing throughout the week until he passes out of the concussion protocol. I think the AFL largely adopted the NFL's system which is two or three tests of which you need to pass each in sequence.
I'm no doc but would that be evidence of concussion?

God if Rocky is out, and Beams's knee doesn't come right... shit...

Last "somewhat winnable" game for a little while.

Saints at home in 3 weeks is winnable. Or maybe I'm just telling myself that because I was dumb enough to book flights and accommodation for it a month ago.

Actually they'll probably have Montagna and Riewoldt back so it might be tough.

Saints at home in 3 weeks is winnable. Or maybe I'm just telling myself that because I was dumb enough to book flights and accommodation for it a month ago.

Actually they'll probably have Montagna and Riewoldt back so it might be tough.
Saints had 45 players train today..just sayin'

From the Lions Twitter (I believe this might have been an extract from an interview with Leppa) -

"JL: Rockwiz38 has passed the concussion test but we have to see how he gets through training."

Fingers crossed, we need him out there badly!

Yeah Leppa touched on it in his press conference this morning. Rocky has passed the test but if he is 'groggy' during and after training then might be better if he sits out. Although he did mention the 8 day break between games will be helpful in allowing Rocky to recover. So IDK if that means he'll be named and they'll fly him over with the possibility that he may not come good by Sunday and have to be a late withdrawal.

I wouldn't play him regardless.

Sure, he is very badly needed, but after his knocks over the last few weeks, I would rather he gets himself absolutely 100% before he comes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back