AFLW Rd 6 Richmond vs Collingwood, 05/10 3:05pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Great 1st half from Elle, with Mon being Mon. I liked Luke in the forward line & pinch hitting in the ruck to Give Poppy a rest. Also good game from Ford with great pressure in the 1st half in the forward line, she has added the pressure to compliment Yassir. Dempsey, Sheerin, Lynch, Miller & Hicks had solid games with Bacon & Ryan starting to show some good signs.
Disappointed with KB's game & also think Egan needs to get fitter as she seems to stop if she misses out on the contest, it was something she could get away with a couple of seasons back, but needs to lift in that part of the game. Overall it was a very solid hit-out & good win. The next 4 weeks will be a good test for us & hopefully have us primed to hit the finals.

Just rewatched, backline is super sturdy, never looked overwhelmed at any point. Only goal conceded was a gift. Brennan and Hosking got a lot of attention, good to see others step up to pick up the slack. Tackling pressure all over the ground is massive. Best showings so far for Hicks, Dallaway, Ryan and Luke. Looking to be a complete side. Whoever comes out for Shevlin will be stiff.

Great 1st half from Elle, with Mon being Mon. I liked Luke in the forward line & pinch hitting in the ruck to Give Poppy a rest. Also good game from Ford with great pressure in the 1st half in the forward line, she has added the pressure to compliment Yassir. Dempsey, Sheerin, Lynch, Miller & Hicks had solid games with Bacon & Ryan starting to show some good signs.
Disappointed with KB's game & also think Egan needs to get fitter as she seems to stop if she misses out on the contest, it was something she could get away with a couple of seasons back, but needs to lift in that part of the game. Overall it was a very solid hit-out & good win. The next 4 weeks will be a good test for us & hopefully have us primed to hit the finals.
Kb marking skills are her great strength , at 32 she’s not covering the ground as well and has a pretty big turning circle too suffice to say , torrential conditions ain’t gonna suit , greiser much better at bang and crash so a good combo ,

I tellya demps still flys under the radar , she’s a great little W player , moves really well with good evasive skills and uses the ball well being a really neat kick , great asset to the team love seeing the ball in her hands
160 tall and took 5 marks.
Showed how far we’ve come as an organised team I thought compared to them.
The amount of times we couldn’t find a pass fwd, sent a backwards handball from stoppage and then changed angles to Dempsey, the amount of completed passes by foot,
Collingwood just played that smash kick fwd, territory game and set up expecting us to play the same way. But we didn’t.
Those passes by Ryan into the F50 were great. Alotve players just do dinky half effort floater kicks for a short pass but hers stayed low and got there quickly.
I’m pretty impressed with Ryan, really good size and is building.
She’s not there yet but if she can keep winning contested ball I think it’ll be a tough decision between her and Shevlin.
I think Ryan might be more hard at it, she just looks a little heavy on her feet sometimes. If she had more acceleration in the first three steps she’d be really hard to deal with.

Kb marking skills are her great strength , at 32 she’s not covering the ground as well and has a pretty big turning circle too suffice to say , torrential conditions ain’t gonna suit , greiser much better at bang and crash so a good combo ,
The thing is I have high expectations of her & she dropped some absolute soda's yesterday. The good thing is we had other players stand up. where as the previous few seasons if KB wasn't kicking goals we would struggle to hit the scoreboard as we should. If KB takes the easy marks yesterday we could be pushing a 10 goal win.

The thing is I have high expectations of her & she dropped some absolute soda's yesterday. The good thing is we had other players stand up. where as the previous few seasons if KB wasn't kicking goals we would struggle to hit the scoreboard as we should. If KB takes the easy marks yesterday we could be pushing a 10 goal win.
Yeah looked a little rusty, maybe the ball dropped on her a bit being wet and she didn’t really attack it.
It’s the same thing with Conti, the idea of “if you stop Conti you stop Richmond” doesn’t hold hold up anymore.
Sheerin and Ellie can run forward out of stoppage, Egan is still getting plenty of it.
Even Poppy is ave more clearances than other seasons. Maybe in AA form?
Tamara Luke played 80% and mostly fwd to pull them outta shape, took 5 marks and kicked a couple.
Fingers crossed we stay healthy and get to put our best team out there.
Nobody is going to want to play us on a dry day in finals.

Yeah looked a little rusty, maybe the ball dropped on her a bit being wet and she didn’t really attack it.
It’s the same thing with Conti, the idea of “if you stop Conti you stop Richmond” doesn’t hold hold up anymore.
Sheerin and Ellie can run forward out of stoppage, Egan is still getting plenty of it.
Even Poppy is ave more clearances than other seasons. Maybe in AA form?
Tamara Luke played 80% and mostly fwd to pull them outta shape, took 5 marks and kicked a couple.
Fingers crossed we stay healthy and get to put our best team out there.
Nobody is going to want to play us on a dry day in finals.
Just hoping Shevlin is up & about soon, to add to the other skilled players we have.

Just hoping Shevlin is up & about soon, to add to the other skilled players we have.
I think both Shevlin and Brown wil be available for selection against the Cats.
Tough team to break into…maybe Brown will get a rest?
It’s a shame about Shelby Knoll being put on the inactive list with her ACL.
Hopefully she sticks with it and we get a look at what she’s got next season.
It’d be good to develop a marking fwd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW Rd 6 Richmond vs Collingwood, 05/10 3:05pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back